It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed mugger killed in gun drama near Olympics as Russian diplomat drags motorcycle robber into his

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The Russian vice-consul in Rio de Janeiro dramatically shot dead an armed mugger who had tried to hold him up in his car - just after the Olympic torch relay had passed by on the last day before the Rio 2016 opening ceremony.

Marcos Cesar Feres Braga, a Brazilian lawyer who holds the vice-consul post at the Russian consulate, reportedly grabbed the attacker and pulled him into his BMW X6 after he had smashed the car window and pointed a gun at him, demanding he hand over his watch.

A struggle ensued inside the diplomat's car until he managed to grab the assailant's gun, which he used to shoot him dead at point blank range, according to police.

Armed mugger killed in gun drama near Olympics as Russian diplomat drags motorcycle robber into his car and shoots him dead

This is like something out of a novel.

I don't really have much of a comment about this but it is an interesting incident. I have a feeling that the Rio Olympics are going to be different.
edit on 4-8-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Aug 4 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited to use source title

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
you can watch the Rio clusterf*ck happen in real time here twitter.com... for those interested in what else is going on as well.

Edit: Extra link to the Apocalympics (lol) subreddit www.reddit.com...
edit on 4-8-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Nice to see someone defending themselves and taking action for a change instead of being a victim and crying about it.

Oh and boohoo because he killed someone who tried to kill him first

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sounds like the real olympics are outside the Olympic Park, lol. Maybe they should make mugging/defense against muggers a new olympic sport.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
you can watch the Rio clusterf*ck happen in real time here twitter.com... for those interested in what else is going on as well.

Edit: Extra link to the Apocalympics (lol) subreddit www.reddit.com...

Dont use Twit-ter nor Redzit . Got another link ?

On the Thread:
Russian style justice. Not too bad.

edit on 8/4/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Really can not wait until this party is started, the pre drinks have been awesome.

All this for a watch?? Must of been a sweet watch.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Don't mess with Texa(n)s or Russia(ns). Good rules to follow.

(post by Orionx2 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

good.

One less potential killer. One less mugger.

Kill them all.

If your ass can work but your head wont let it, then you should be poor.

If in that situarion you decide that you want nice things but still cant convince your head to allow your ass to work, then you should be shot in both when you try to rob people.

Sick of assholes that people need to stand up to.

edit on 8 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

(post by Zerodoublehero removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well said. This incident was "in house" though. Brazilian to Brazilian. You might want to add them to your list of dangerous people to fool around with. They were already on mine.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And so it begins.. buckle up ....................

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, if you live by the gun, then be prepared to die by the gun.

I suggest to simply have your own handy in case some idiot like this tries his luck with a gun on you.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
For people who don't know much about Brazil it might be described as being "loosely supervised".

This video Manda Bala (Send a Bullet), is not about Rio, but rather Sao Paulo. Despite that it gives the flavor of the place quite well.

edit on 4-8-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Russian wins gold medal in pest removal. There will be more incidents like this I'm afraid, as crime rate in Rio is sky-high.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

The Russian vice-consul in Rio de Janeiro dramatically shot dead an armed mugger who had tried to hold him up in his car - just after the Olympic torch relay had passed by on the last day before the Rio 2016 opening ceremony.

Marcos Cesar Feres Braga, a Brazilian lawyer who holds the vice-consul post at the Russian consulate, reportedly grabbed the attacker and pulled him into his BMW X6 after he had smashed the car window and pointed a gun at him, demanding he hand over his watch.

A struggle ensued inside the diplomat's car until he managed to grab the assailant's gun, which he used to shoot him dead at point blank range, according to police.

Armed mugger killed in gun drama near Olympics as Russian diplomat drags motorcycle robber into his car and shoots him dead

I don't really have much of a comment about this but it is an interesting incident. I have a feeling that the Rio Olympics are going to be different.

Beautiful. Justice is served.

link   

link   

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BennyOj
Really can not wait until this party is started, the pre drinks have been awesome.

All this for a watch?? Must of been a sweet watch.

Criminals aren't really good at making sound decisions about the course their lives take.

It's easy to say "why not just hand him the watch". Maybe that would have worked, but I've noticed after many, many videos that criminals in Brazil don't like to leave their victims alive.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I guess the Brazilian people are now calling to ban BMWs?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join