It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. Colonel Gives Trump His Purple Heart! Speaks Volumes About Trump! Special Moment!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I was truly blown away by this!! If you don't know the history of the "Purple Heart" Here is an explanation

. The Purple Heart is a United States military decoration awarded in the name of the President to those wounded or killed while serving, on or after April 5, 1917, with the U.S. military.

source

For a Veteran to turn over his purple heart to Donald Trump speaks volumes regarding who Trump is!

I know what that medal means! My SO has 3 and is on his 4th tour as I post this! This is a pretty AMAZING moment!!

Here is the video........[

Can i just add, there is a tongue and cheek joke made by Trump BUT keep in mind Trump is not your touchy feely emotional man! It is obvious a very emotional moment and the way Trump handled his awkward feelings was to inject humor, as most of us do when we feel overwhelmed to the point of tears!
edit on 8/4/2016 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Search feature. It's useful, most times.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yeah then the coward insulted those who truly earned it by saying he always wanted one but it was easier getting it that way. Btw the medal was a fake. A fake medal for a fake Republican how fitting.
edit on 9040000004831America/ChicagoThu, 04 Aug 2016 15:42:48 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What does this say about Trump? Nothing. It says something about this veteran's opinion of Trump. That's all.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The worst part of this is, if you plan a good little PR moment to try and get some heat off him do not let him say something stupid again that then makes your good PR story become Purple Hears Veterans blast Trump.

Was it really so hard to just say, Thank you and all Veterans for your sacrifices. Instead of making a flippant remark that then leads to more fighting between Trump and people that once supported him.

Again he is either losing his mind or throwing the election because their is no way he is this stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Everybody involved should be embarrassed.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

He has to be throwing this election,he isn't even a republican I'm amazed he's got so far with his background history

I'm pretty certain if he was running for the highest position of power here in the UK he would have been laughed out the room by the press on his 1st press conference

This isn't even good PR for him been given a Purple Heart when he was a draft dodger !

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad Was it really so hard to just say, Thank you and all Veterans for your sacrifices. Instead of making a flippant remark that then leads to more fighting between Trump and people that once supported him.

Again he is either losing his mind or throwing the election because their is no way he is this stupid.

Now that would be the Political Correct way to respond, but the overwhelming majority of voters hate PC with a passion so Trump responds without any resemblance to Political Correct fake politicians. Another win for Trump.

Your response is typical of the out of touch with reality Left.

Gin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

That was utter propaganda from Katy Tur, who is known of hating Trump. It was this Colonel's real Purple Heart he gave away. Watch the interview video below and read the text.

Lt. Col. Louis Dorfman: Why I Gave My Purple Heart to Donald Trump

LT. COL. LOUIS DORFMAN: Well, it wasn’t an easy decision because that was something that is very precious to me and, but I thought that he was gonna make a very good commander-in-chief and I wanted him to have that medal in his hand to remember all the people that have fought and died for this country. You know, veteran cemeteries are full of people that have fought and died for this country and there’s a lot of people walking around the streets with hidden injuries like myself. If you look at myself, you wouldn’t tell that I was injured because it’s all internal and I just want him to remember that...

It was my real Purple Heart. I showed – I had two Purple Hearts with me. I had my original in my pocket and I had another one that I was showing in case it got damaged or lost or snatched or whatever the case may be, I wanted him to have my real Purple Heart… which I gave him...

I had a very genuine look, moment, contact, eye to eye for just a brief moment with Donald Trump and I felt he took it in the manner of which I gave it. It wasn’t, like you know he was making a statement that he got it in an easy way but that wasn’t what exactly I don’t think he meant. He meant it was easier for him to take it from me than all the people that earned that medal.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
a reply to: MrSpad

He has to be throwing this election,he isn't even a republican I'm amazed he's got so far with his background history

I'm pretty certain if he was running for the highest position of power here in the UK he would have been laughed out the room by the press on his 1st press conference

This isn't even good PR for him been given a Purple Heart when he was a draft dodger !

The Liberal Media is not going to put dull boring PC sound bites on of their enemy, Trump is gaming them into front and center attention and so far it works every time.

The Media are rating whores and would eat their own babies for ratings, they just cannot ignore Trump and it is funny as hell.

They would love for him to do boring everyday politician stuff like kissing babies and accepting honors with just smiles and handshakes, then they could ignore him out of the public eye.
edit on 4-8-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

the out of touch with reality Left.

Out of touch with reality. Sure, we could say that lots and lots of people are out of touch with reality. Do you think that there are any on what you call the left that are NOT out of touch with reality? Is there anything that they might bring to the table to share that so far has been beyond your comprehension that you might consider an alternate position?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
it feels better when you earn those medals Trump.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Between the two spectrums, I'd say the one who is out of touch with reality are mostly right wingers. For gods sake, the US right winger leader, Trump, is the epitome of someone who is completely out of touch with reality!

But, right wingers don't cling to facts much either, which explains why most of them are out of their minds.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It was a replica, not his real Purple Heart.

Full video: Trump given replicaPurple Heart, calls out crying baby
www.cbsnews.com...

Gin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You should stop spreading that nonsense because the Lt Colonel himself said in recent interview that the Purple Heart he gave away was very real.

Lt. Col. Louis Dorfman: Why I Gave My Purple Heart to Donald Trump

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Now that would be the Political Correct way to respond, but the overwhelming majority of voters hate PC with a passion

Do you have a source for that?

Here is how they asked the question in the one poll I saw: Poll

Which is closer to your point of view: there is too much political correctness in the United States today, or there is too much prejudice in the United States today?

That's a bit like asking... Which is your point of view: Chicken wings taste good, or I like a firm mattress?

And the results from 1,610 registered voters?

Politically correct 51%
Prejudice 44%

51 % is hardly an "overwhelming majority"...

But if you're siting another poll, I'd love to see the actual poll.
edit on 8/4/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

It was a replica, not his real Purple Heart.

Full video: Trump given replicaPurple Heart, calls out crying baby
www.cbsnews.com...

Liberal lunacy knows no bounds, nor the truth.
edit on 4-8-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Liberal lunacy knows no bounds, nor the truth.

That is so true. Especially in this whole Purple Heart matter. So easily they all jumped in one journalist fabricated remarks bandwagon just because the target was Trump.

I have lost last ounces of respect I had for some members here after this debacle.
edit on 4-8-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Now that would be the Political Correct way to respond, but the overwhelming majority of voters hate PC with a passion

Do you have a source for that?

Here is how they asked the question in the one poll I saw: Poll

Which is closer to your point of view: there is too much political correctness in the United States today, or there is too much prejudice in the United States today?

That's a bit like asking... Which is your point of view: Chicken wings taste good, or I like a firm mattress?

And the results from 1,610 registered voters?

Politically correct 51%
Prejudice 44%

51 % is hardly an "overwhelming majority"...

But if you're siting another poll, I'd love to see the actual poll.

You don't need fake polls, you just need to look at the fake audience the DNC had to muster up for $50 a seat so their candidate could look like they could draw a full house. Then look over to the packed halls and arenas across the country that Trump draws, with no help from seat fillers. PC is passe, on the way out.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Gabrielle Giffords received a purple heart after she was shot.

Source

Of course, she didn't brag about it and parade it around and say she'd always wanted one... But she actually received two of them.

U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords has received a Purple Heart after being shot in the head by a would-be-assassin while meeting with constituents in Tucson, Arizona, on January 8.

The medal didn’t come from the military. At least not directly.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join