It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emirates airliner bursts into flames after crash-landing at Dubai airport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

An Emirates airline flight coming from India with 275 people on board has crash-landed at Dubai International Airport.

Photos posted on social media showed a thick black plume of smoke rising from the top of a burning plane.

The Dubai government media office said on its official Twitter account that there were no reported casualties yet.

Emirates airline tweeted that an "incident" had occurred and that it was cooperating with authorities and emergency services at the scene.

"There were 275 passengers and crew on board. Our main priority now is the safety and well-being of all involved," the airline tweeted.

All departure flights from the airport have been "delayed until further notice", the Government media office said.

more news here....www.abc.net.au...
edit on 3/8/2016 by shaneR because: update

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shaneR

This doesn't look good, surprised there are no casualties, Kudos to the aircrew and ground support.

9news

edit on 3-8-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

hi Sublimecraft...thanx for adding the pix....

thats a terrible scene...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
"It is unclear what caused the blaze but it is believed nobody has been injured, reported Al Arabiya."

Yeah, right. I am suprised they didn't throw in "we have no idea what happened but terrorism has been ruled out."

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
There is a video of a pretty big explosion from twitter here:

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

mobile.twitter.com...
edit on 3-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

hi Deny Ignorance...thanx for the input...great vids

miracle no one was killed....

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I see no landing gear so for me they've tried to land without it, maybe because of failure. Fire has starts after landing caused by sparks from below the plane. Looking for more info.

Plane sliding after crash

Now I am even more sure. Pilot did great work by landing. btw. he should learn how to land without wheels from polish pilot Cpt. Wrona

edit on Wed, 03 Aug 2016 06:09:55 -0500America/Chicago550903America/Chicago8312016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Last tine this happened it was crew fatigue. It was also a crash on landing.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
moments after landing and looks like it was sliding

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

It could be the same accident like Cpt. Wrona. He doesn't turn on one (ONE) button and he thought landing gear's broken. It was'nt, he just doesn't turn it on..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

what i heard was that the captain requested for an emergency landing , i believe that the right gear didnt come down

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Get Zaphod on line one-he would know better than any of us.

I share Sublimecraft's kudos and extend it to the pilots. Under extreme pressure and difficult circumstances they managed to get the plane grounded and lets hope their was no foul play involved as airliners are one of the most safest modes of transport.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Shortly before the Boeing 777 was due to land, the pilot informed passengers that there was a problem with the landing gear and that he would be forced into an emergency landing, according to Indian media. It is not clear if the landing gear failed to deploy or if it buckled upon landing.

An engine was torn from the right wing of the plane as it scraped to a halt, forcing passengers and crew to evacuate before the aircraft was gutted by fire.

edit on 8/3/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Latest update

Statement by His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Emirates' Chairman & Chief Executive on incident involving EK521.

We can confirm that there are no fatalities among our passengers and crew. All passengers and crew are accounted for and safe.

Our flight EK521 from Thiruva-anantha-puram in India to Dubai had an incident at Dubai International Airport this afternoon.

We do not have all the details yet.

Thankfully, there were no fatalities among our passengers and crew.

Our first priority is the care and wellbeing of our passengers and our crew, and to answer queries from their families and friends.

We have activated our humanitarian response teams to provide support, care and compassion to those affected.

We have extended our full co-operation to the authorities and emergency services managing the situation.

Our thoughts are with everyone involved.

I request you to respect the privacy of our passengers, crew, families and friends of those on board.

We will keep everyone updated as we find out more.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The crew attempted a go around and retracted the gear before they had a positive climb rate. The aircraft sank onto the runway.

The aircraft was registered A6-EMW. It was a 777-300, delivered new to Emirates in 2003. It's their first hull loss accident.

According to ATC recordings the aircraft performed a normal approach and landing, there was no priority or emergency declared. Upon contacting tower tower reminded the crew of lowering the gear and cleared the aircraft to land. Another approach reported on tower frequency. About 2 minutes after EK-521 reported on tower, the crew reported going around, tower instructed the aircraft to climb to 4000 feet, the crew acknowledged climbing to 4000 feet, a few seconds later tower instructs the next arrival to go around and alerts emergency services. The position of the aircraft is described near the end of the runway.

avherald.com...
edit on 8/3/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Reminds me of what happened in Poland a year ago I believe where the landing gear failed so the pilot had to land on the stomach of the plane.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just under an hour prior to the accident there was a windshear warning issued.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

today it was very windy so that is a strong possibility

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The wire I read said the gear collapsed on landing. By the look of the video, looks like the right main mount failed after touchdown.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

According to every source I've seen the ATC audio has "straight ahead, 4,000" on it just before the bird behind them is told to abort and services are called.

Now they're saying a firefighter was killed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join