It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meg Whitman billionaire Republican fundraiser will vote and campaign for Hillary Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Meg Whitman, a Hewlett Packard executive and Republican fund-raiser, said Tuesday that she would support Hillary Clinton for president and give a “substantial” contribution to her campaign in order to stop Donald J. Trump, whom she berated as a threat to American democracy.

“I will vote for Hillary, I will talk to my Republican friends about helping her, and I will donate to her campaign and try to raise money for her,” Ms. Whitman said in a telephone interview.

source

IMO, the Trump campaign is in flames after the past 72 hours. They have under-estimated the establishment GOP and the #NEVERTRUMP movement. They have over-estimated the 'how refreshing' sentiment spouted by Trump's supporters. And they failed to install a filter on the candidate.

The list of Republicans sick of his demagoguery, and willing to announce it publically is growing by the hour.

He is going to lose in a landslide.

He seems to not understand that his core support is only 20-25% of registered voters. That isn't enough to win....not even close.
edit on 8/2/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Thats a confirmed 1 vote correct?

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

ALL of the establishment is supporting Clinton. No surprise there. Even the Koch Brothers.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Typical tool of the banker elites.
edit on -050010pm8kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That's one. lol. You are correct.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It is my understanding that the Koch's are not participating in the presidential elections, but rather focusing their vast wealth, lobbying network and connections to influence key Senate races.

PBS

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

When establishment Republicans offer financial and political support to establishment Democrats over an establishment outsider Republican, the true face of American politics manifests itself.

2 sides of the same coin, playing citizens off against each other in their ongoing corroborative attempt to continue the military / industrial complex agenda whilst giving the appearance they are opposing ideologies.

Money talks and BS walks.

I hope the establishment falls on it's own sword, all of them.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Meg Whitman is hardly a tool. According to Forbes, she is the 20th most powerful woman in the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Chalk up one more self exposed RINO.

+500,000 votes from the public for Trump.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
All it took was Donald Trump to get some Transparency out of our Gov't.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I wonder how all the Democrats that were screaming their heads off about big establishment and big money are feeling about ex-Republicans they hated for years now voting Democrat?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Meg Whitman, a Hewlett Packard executive

HP . another company that has heavily outsourced to India .And Meg is an HP exec . So , I would say Hillary would be her choice no matter he party affiliation

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I agree that our Binary party politics is a farce. I welcome elections with 5. 6 or 26 candidates to choose from.

As for the presidential, I'm still voting for Sanders, or Jill Stein ( if I go with Stein, it will be my 4th presidential Green Party vote).

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They welcome it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

What you call 'in flames' is merely confirmation that the Republican
donators, Billionaires all, are no better...or different than the Democrat ones. A fixed and rigged game.

All the more reason to support Trump and increase the grass-root campaign support.

All in all, proof Trump IS the right man for the job.....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

By his campaign in flames, I was also referring to comments about his campaign manager "mailing it in" and staff being "suicidal". And let's not forget he fired Ed Brookover, his RNC liason, yesterday.

Trump is far too thin-skinned, tit-for-tat reactionary, and lacks critical nuance for my tastes in a U S President, but if he works for you, terrific!
edit on 8/2/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

This just proves we have a 1 party system.

Corrupt, Globalist party.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Clarity is refreshing,enemies retreat from their constituents choices.
We now know who else needs the TEA treatment.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Whitman, joins former Bush adviser Sally Bradshaw, longtime top aide to Christie Maria Comella and GOP Congressmen Rep. Richard Hanna all in a day. This is fascinating. And sure you have to give these people credit for standing by their convictions but, the real test would have been if Trump was not a sinking ship.

If Trump was rising in the polls instead of falling, if his campaign was not in complete chaos, if his campaign staff did not seem to have just given up getting Trump to not act crazy, If Trump was not starting fights with the Gold Star families, Veterans, fire fighters and attacking people like Ryan with whom he had come to some kind of peace. If the Tump campaign was doing well and they still changed sides then I would be impressed. Right now they sort seem like the are just escaping a sinking ship. And it is only going to get worst.

Some people would say well that is only 4 votes. It is a lot more than that. These are people active in the party who are good at fundraising, running a ground game, getting out the vote. And they are just opening the flood gates.

On the plus side the military people I know that were pro Trump have now moved to Johnson. So if the polls reflect anecdotal evidence Johnson should see some more gains in the next round of polling that includes the week of Trumps Russia love and his feud with the Gold Star families which is roiling the military and Veterans up.

What is fascinating is see a campaign come out the Convention and completely collapse. Trump is either crazy or throwing the election. Nothing else can explain his behavior.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Chalk up one more self exposed RINO.

+500,000 votes from the public for Trump.

It's funny how you label others as a RINO when the biggest RINO of all now has the nomination for the GOP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join