It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I might be done with conspiracies and politics and all this nonsense...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
this is not before you pipe in one of those "oh ats is not what it it was" "I remember the good old days" types of threads, just a simple statement of fact.

I have for the best part of 25 years now concerned myself with world affairs, I have cared about stuff and worried about things as it where.

So much so that it consumed me, I got upset, I thought I could make a difference lol.

It is not so sadly. I have in the past few months removed myself from political opinion as I realised it means nothing.

I have stayed away from getting involved in what might or could be or what should be the way of things as I came to realise that regardless of what I may think it means nothing.

I cannot change things on a global level all I can do is bicker and that is pointless.

What I can do is change the tiny bit of life I occupy a little at a time, nothing more.

I think that is not a bad place to start.

I am going to change the whole world one person at a time and I will start with me.

Peace brothers and sisters.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Edit- Dude I totally misread your content, because of the title, lol.

Change the world, little by little.
edit on 1/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Dude, you definitely need a break.

Take a few months off, come back when you're ready.

This place will be still here when you feel refreshed. I used to take a few months off up until last year. I probably need one.

Best wishes my friend, heal and return soonest.

Thank you mate but I do not think I do lol.

I will still be here for the fun and the banter but as to the nonsense of political debate and the who did whats and whys it all just seems a little silly really?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm not done with it, not by any stretch of the imagination.

BUT I have a new life where the garden and the exploring our new home is more important, so I'm around less. I've realised of late that I don't need to change THE world, just enjoy changing MY world.

So I'll never stop ISIS single handed, never change the course of the US elections, but my BBQ skills are coming along in leaps and bounds..............................And you know what ?

That's alright

Cody

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Then you've joined the dark side. A Pacifist does nothing but let the Bastards Win.

I think you'll be back, at least I hope so.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Ha ha, see my edit.

As I said, I'm probably due one.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
***Language Warning***

Just the price of awareness man, no harm in turnin off and tunin out for awhile.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That's the healthiest position to take.

Things like that? You can't change them. I just like to keep up with them and maybe have some spirited conversation while I'm at it, but I long ago learned to just let it go.

The only person you can control is yourself. The best you can ever hope with anyone else is to inspire through example.

So stop worrying about it and keep an eye on things. I don't like to be surprised is all.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

BUT I have a new life where the garden and the exploring our new home is more important, so I'm around less. I've realised of late that I don't need to change THE world, just enjoy changing MY world.

So I'll never stop ISIS single handed, never change the course of the US elections, but my BBQ skills are coming along in leaps and bounds..............................And you know what ?

That's alright

Cody

Wise words brother.

Work on that bbq sauce and make a fine marinade, far beter than the nonsense of a left right party system designed to divide us lol.

Spend time with those that love you and ignore all else

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Ha ha, see my edit.

As I said, I'm probably due one.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: cody599

That's alright

Cody

Wise words brother.

Work on that bbq sauce and make a fine marinade, far beter than the nonsense of a left right party system designed to divide us lol.

Spend time with those that love you and ignore all else

Just chilling

I'd hate for your visit to be a naff burger and dodgy sausages

One should keep a sense of humour and a T-bone or two Oh and a chimichurri to die for

The invite remains open

Cody

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I used to stress over possible global disasters like comets hitting the Earth, surprise nuclear wars, strings of volcanoes blocking out the Sun, pandemics, etc. Then I realized that there was no point worrying over them since I couldn't change them if they happened, anyway. It makes life much easier to deal with when we realize our own limitations.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You need some R&R. I have just the thread for you.

Now click the link you slug.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

My problem is that you can't ignore these things because too many people want to take my rights away. Just today you have some anti-gun nuts that want to take away rights. Some days you have pro-life folks trying to take away rights. You cannot stop being vigilant and fighting for your freedom.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What if you get involved in a topic that changes a young persons perspective who later does something that benefits humans globally?

The Old saying " the only thing evil needs to win is for good men/women to do nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
online life should exist in the moments between real life. If you are letting it usurp real life, thats a problem.

re; getting upset....just pixels on a screen.

When its more than that, it helps to ask yourself, "How does the result of this interaction improve my life?"

More often than not, that next reply is merely to placate an ego, which does nothing to improve your life.
edit on 8/1/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Been there man. Ive been here for almost 10 years on and off believe it or not.

Finding balance is important for inquisitive minds like ours.

Ive more or less given up on the cluster # that is politics, just as youve mentioned. Its a bloody circus.

What im tryin to say is youre not alone in these sentiments, not by a long shot. So feel comfortable knowing we are working on finding our own individual equilibria.
edit on 1-8-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Then you've joined the dark side. A Pacifist does nothing but let the Bastards Win.

I think you'll be back, at least I hope so.

That's not true at all. There are many different forms of pacifism (look it up). But most of our critics seem to overlook something very basic: "Pacifism" is based on the word "pacify" not the word "passive" (look them up ,too). Most forms of pacifism allow for physical conflict, but only as an absolute last case scenario. We prefer to settle problems through words and nonviolent means, such as diplomacy, debates/discussions, negotiations, etc.

Even sanctions, blockades, and new regulations against something can be labeled as "pacifist" solutions. I mean, look at me. I'm incredibly confrontational (muahahahaha!). I just don't want anyone to be physically harmed as I "settle" a situation
. I'll only use violence for self defense, and even then, I want to cause as little harm as possible.
edit on 1-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: typos and clarification. meh...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Laugh.

Laugh at the world, laugh at the people, laugh at yourself.

Everyone is on their own separate journey. Never let anyone sidetrack you!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
you`re right it is pointless,none of the possible doom and gloom scenarios may come to pass in your lifetime.long after we are all dead and gone a new generation will take our place to argue,debate and predict doom and gloom if they don`t do something to stop it.
just enjoy life, be part of the silent majority,vote your conscience and when you leave the voting both don`t even think about that stuff until the next election.
The world and the U.S. have gone through a lot of changes in the past 50 years,none of them were earth shattering and we all have adapted to the changes and gone on with our lives.
edit on 1-8-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join