It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened with me and some officers.. And a wreck I was not involved in..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hello fella friends.. I figured I could just put this here.. I haven't been posting any of my poems(if you know me) because my new antidepressants have given me a new view on life. It's pretty great. And my pain from my brain injury like headaches and migraines are being controlled by a medicine as well and it's truly awesome.

So today I was taking out the recycle and I hear a pop pop pop like a crash of cars and I look and I see a jumble cause I live on a busy a$$ street. I live on a hill so I'm looking down at the jumble. I run in and grab my phone and run back out and see its three vehicles. The truck is the last one and the guy of that truck is freaking the freak out... And I know why now! His music is blaring and I tell him calmly to turn it down and turn off the vehicle and turn his flashers on... There is already an undercover car behind us and he's out asking us if everyone is ok and to get liscence and insurance out. Guy looks at me with red crying eyes and says 'I don't have a driver liscence.' Oh man. I say it's okay.. Do you need my phone and he does to call his baby mama. Who is actually just pregnant with their first kid. He's 20. He' was heading to work, at Walmart. I called his baby mama. He was shaking so hard using my phone, trying to call his manager, to tell them he had been in a wreck.

Police showed up really fast. I immeadiately say that I was not part of wreck and I am helping Charles, he's using my phone to call work. I was a partial witness to wreck and now I'm just being helpful. Police had no problem with that. I ask police a few questions about the wreck and how a few things work, one police officer was very open and told me a few things and laughed and was cool. Things are getting done, traffic officer is going to other cars and information is being written. And yada yada. Then I go to other car to make sure they are okay. They are just in shock, they are teens or early 20's And a dad came there to be with them. I tell them all about whiplash cause I've suffered from it for more than a year and now I'm finally pain free.(I didn't tell them how long I'd suffered)

So as I was walking back to the truck, they were putting *SNIP* in handcuffs. I asked the officer, which this was a different officer, why are you putting him in handcuffs? And he said he's being detained not arrested, I don't want him going anywhere. Ok, and why is he being detained, I've just never experienced anything like this and I'm curious I say. He didn't really answer me and he asks *SNIP* if he has any weapons or sharp objects or knives in which the response is no and nothing was found. I ask what's gonna happen? And then I say I'm sorry am I being too evasive, and the officer says yes you are ma'am in a firm voice. And he hands me back my cell phone. As I walk away I say good luck *SNIP* I hope they treat you right.

I find *SNIP* baby mamas number to let her know what's going on. I step up on the curb and my son joins me and I feel this is okay.(he's 11) He starts recording with his iPhone. She's confused but hangs up and tells me to let her know if anything else happens. The police are all gathered, it's 4 of them and they are pointing at me and I know they are talking about me, cause my boy is recording and I'm on phone, so I walk back up to my house. Just to be safe cause yea... Police kinda do scare me. And I tell my boy to stop recording cause I'm kinda freaking out they might come arrest me for some reason! And then they arrest Charles and tow his truck. I call *SNIP* (baby mama) and tell her and of course she's not happy and drops phone and her mama says thank you.

Here's what I'm thinking. Police are cool in all but once they are arresting or detaining, they do not want to be questioned what so ever. Be cause they feel they are doing their job? And we shouldn't question? I don't know I was new to it all, I was super curious, the other police man was super nice and laughing with me. And at first this other police man did laugh with me, I know his daughter goes to the same school as my son I do believe. So I know these people are human but when they have a uniform on they are different. Oh and they do not want to be recorded for any reason. My boy was all trying to play it off like he was making a YouTube video of himself ...haha...

So there it is.. I had to talk about this... None of my friends are answering their phones and I know it's Sunday.. Lazy day... Talk with me my lovely friends!!

-natcatattack
Oh and my meds seem to have helped me grow a pair ... Lol I can go out of my house and shopping and I can drive without freaking out myself!!! Woooohooo!!! And I usually say what's on my mind.. I'm sick of sugar coating sh1t 😸

Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors!!!!!
edit on 31-7-2016 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/31/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Removed names at the request of OP

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

It's really nice of you to lend the man your phone and call his partner. Unfortunately, it's illegal to drive without a license, even just an expired license.

If he also didn't have insurance, or the car wasn't registered, he's probably in some trouble.

The police would arrest him partially so they could record his fault, or lack of, and pass that on to any other involved parties.

It sounds like the officers were just doing their job, and you were asking a lot of questions, kind of unintentionally getting in the way.

I think it all sounds pretty standard.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Here's what I'm thinking. Police are cool in all but once they are arresting or detaining, they do not want to be questioned what so ever. Be cause they feel they are doing their job?

In this case they were. You should have stopped at why they are detaining dude so he doesn't leave. Thats their job to figure out who he is, not yours. Who he isn't isn't your business. Without a license he could be anybody with a sob story. They are just going to confirm.

Otherwise, a medal for getting involved to help.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How did you know the guy had a "baby mama" if there were no kids and why do you think "baby mama" is the correct verbage? Where I am from that is a derogatory term ("baby mama, baby dady")used when the parent isn't apart of the babies life.
Also why would the guy not get arrested for driving without a licence and who caused the wreck?
edit on 31-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: expanded on baby moma daddy

edit on 31-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Gotcha, But I promise you I was not in there way ma'am or sir unintentionally or whatever. I've been in wrecks in Memphis and it did not happen like that and I told them that. I was on one side of truck and he was on other side. I know diff states diff laws too.

He did have insurance. And yes I am very much aware that it's illegal to drive without a license but they didn't have to arrest him or detain him. That's why I was asking questions I suppose so I could figure it out, I wanted to know why... One officer said they could just suspend his liscence. And that same officer said the kid was clean when he looked his record up. I was just so confused when they arrested him.

So.. I was just curious ... And blah blah ..

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
How did you know the guy had a "baby mama" if there were no kids and why do you think "baby mama" is the correct verbage? Where I am from that is a derogatory term used when the dad isn't apart of the mom and babies life.
Also why would the guy not get arrested for driving without a licence and who caused the wreck?
He told me call my baby mama please ... He told me that ....

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: natalia

originally posted by: Orionx2
How did you know the guy had a "baby mama" if there were no kids and why do you think "baby mama" is the correct verbage? Where I am from that is a derogatory term used when the dad isn't apart of the mom and babies life.
He told me call my baby mama please ... He told me that thanks.. Hahahahaha

Okay no problem then, just odd. Also who caused the wreck?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

That term is not deragatory here sir or madam. An old man in a black car caused the wreck, Charles had to slam his breaks and he wrecked into the back of a blue car. Black car hit blue car, blue car swerved and then truck hit blue car. Charles was in truck

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Here's what I'm thinking. Police are cool in all but once they are arresting or detaining, they do not want to be questioned what so ever. Be cause they feel they are doing their job?

In this case they were. You should have stopped at why they are detaining dude so he doesn't leave. Thats their job to figure out who he is, not yours. Who he isn't isn't your business. Without a license he could be anybody with a sob story. They are just going to confirm.

They already got all his info, they got his social and full name and address and they looked him up and then came back over and said oh you're clean. And they detained him after all that .........

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I talked to the folks in the blue car. Black car had blue paint all on his front bumper

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I was asking why because they did look him up, I know he didn't have license but dude told them his name and everything .. He didn't hide anything and like I just said they looked him up and found nothing.. So I asked why why why!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If it happens to you or yours that'd be different than a total stranger. You don;t really know and its none of your business why they detained him.

My best advice to you is to limit your interest to lending help and comfort the way you did. Leave the cops alone.

You are getting off really easy messing in their business, so far. You want their attention you may get more than you bargained for.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You can call his mother later and ask, if it really bothers you.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: natalia

That term is not deragatory here sir or madam. An old man in a black car caused the wreck, Charles had to slam his breaks and he wrecked into the back of a blue car. Black car hit blue car, blue car swerved and then truck hit blue car. Charles was in truck

Interesting, last time I used baby mama I got my rear handed to me by said mother.
Anyway I digress from that.

If the guy ran into the back of someone unfortunately they are at fault for following to close. You are supposed to keep a minimum safe distance from the vehicle in front of you in case of such incidents as this.
Anyway this is why I run a front and rear "dash cam" in my vehicle.

Non the less props for helping the guy and letting mama know what's going on.

I find it also interesting you use "sir" "madame". Off-topic though.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just for some clarification. We have Janeese, babymama, babydaddy, Memphis, 20 yr old Charles who babymoma live with her mama, no DL and a car wreck.
I'm going to go out on a limb a guess that Charles was not Irish, German or English. So why didn't the police just shoot him?
Judging by what I see on the evening news, that is the inevitable outcome. Please clarify.
edit on 31-7-2016 by ezramullins because: -10pts.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Okay guys.. Sorry I got involved. I am glad I helped Charles. Umm ezramullins does it matter... Did you really have to say that? Wtf? Man I got excited. I was upset. I'm still upset. And yes I probably will callow at least text janeese later to make sure everything is okay. I have a freakin big heart. I'm glad I didn't get in trouble, I have become more bold and I'm glad but I sure don't want to get in trouble. I thought maybe I could talk but I see I'm not in my right mind right now. My heart is thumping fast and crazy and my brain wants to explode. I live you my friends I know some of y'all I've talked to and my memory is just bad from my brain injury..
I also have a freakin rib injury from doing 2pull ups and I'm in a lot of pain so I'm kin of insane right now. Much peace to you all ✌
And if you want go read my poem I just wrote!! Haha! It's in the short stories. Have a great lazy Sunday.

I'll keep to my own business. My bad...,......

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins
Just for some clarification. We have Janeese, babymama, babydaddy, Memphis, 20 yr old Charles who babymoma live with her mama, no DL and a car wreck.
I'm going to go out on a limb a guess that Charles was not Irish, German or English. So why didn't the police just shoot him?
Judging by what I see on the evening news, that is the inevitable outcome. Please clarify.
well I'm sure glad that wasn't the outcome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Charles was so nice and he had on his lil Walmart best on and nice kahikis and nice shirt... he was freaking out.. He was crying and shaking and I just felt so bad for him... I get it, he didn't have a license , I asked him why and he didn't answer me he kept trying to call work and he was freaking out like I said... But like I also said, he was clean, he gave them all his info and he was clean, the police officer came back and I said did you look him up in your system and he said yea he's clean........!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Move along...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I can understand why they might have been a bit annoyed with you, they have handled hundreds or perhaps thousands of accidents they know what they are doing the last thing they need is for a bystander to be drilling them with questions about every little thing that they are doing,and why they are doing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I hope that you will accept my sincere apology for upsetting you. That was not my intention.
I also was not commenting on any wrong doing by the young man. I most certainly have no high ground from which to cast stones.
My comment had to do with the current trend of demonizing the police. I should have kept my comments to myself.

edit on 31-7-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join