It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daredevil to attempt jumping out of plane at 25,000 feet without a parachute

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

He's made 18,000 parachute jumps, helped train some of the world's most elite skydivers, done some of the stunts for "Ironman 3." But the plunge Luke Aikins knows he'll be remembered for is the one he's making without a parachute. Or a wingsuit.

Or anything, really, other than the clothes he'll be wearing when he jumps out of an airplane at 25,000 feet this weekend, attempting to become the first person to land safely on the ground in a net.

The Fox network will broadcast the two-minute jump live at 8 p.m. EDT (5 p.m. PDT) Saturday as part of an hour-long TV special called "Heaven Sent."

www.foxnews.com...

As someone who has jumped out of a perfectly good airplane, I can attest to the sheer thrill and adrenaline rush. I think this is crazy, though.

What do you say, ATS? Brave, crazy, suicidal?

Either way, it will be televised tonight. One hell of a stunt!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I always wanted to go hand-gliding or skydiving. But this sounds just plain suicidal.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I am trying to count the ways that this could go wrong...I have run out of fingers and toes...

Maniac!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Back when if somebody was considered crazy they used to say, "Get the net".

Even with a chute that height is but for only the most experienced. Sans chute, he must have some means of control like a huge wing suit, deployed at lower altitude...?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No wing suit either.

I've done static line jumps from 9.000 feet (@100 years ago) and damn near crapped myself a few times. It's definitely something to do if you're young and indestructible.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I hope he hits the net; we don't need a new deep web video.

It will be cool and awesome if he lands in the net; it will be sad and gross if he doesn't.

I will be watching, neat find. Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
hope he's wearing is triple XLs

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

This is not going to end well. He WILL get injured if lucky, dead otherwise. I don't think he will be able to go through with it. He will probably comes to his senses right before he jumps.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
hope he brings a case of redbull

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No wing suit either.

I've done static line jumps from 9.000 feet (@100 years ago) and damn near crapped myself a few times. It's definitely something to do if you're young and indestructible.

I knew I liked you!

"Outboard personnel...staaand up!"

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I had to stop jumping but if they do extensive testing why not...

Sure it will be scary, yes he has a razors edge to walk or die... but it can be done.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Please refer to my signature.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"Daredevil to attempt jumping out of plane at 25,000 feet without a parachute"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----THIS JUST IN FROM THE PROPHECIES FORUM----
Fox News headline from tomorrow!

"Daredevil attempted jumping out of plane at 25,000 feet without a parachute DIES"

-Christosterone

link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

He will probably comes to his senses right before he jumps.

Jumping without any guidance to hit a net. He's heard of wind currents? The jet stream can carry him for miles. Even in the day of testing hi attitude 'jumps' they still got lost on occasion.

But what the hell, supersonic free fall, the spins, unconsciousness (remember RedBull) that must be some giant ass net.

link   

Luke Aikins

Luke "Aching" Aikins.

Use the force Luke, you don't need your targeting computer!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Balls to the wall right here. Once he's out of the plane without a shute, he'll definitely get his "adrenaline rush"

Hope I remember to catch this live tonight

Crazy sob.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No wing suit either.

Static line jumps from (25,000) feet is Testing to destruction. Jumping out of a plane without a parachute , thats a funny as a screen door on a submarine.
edit on 30-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit: in ()

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

"Daredevil attempted jumping out of plane at 25,000 feet without a parachute DIES"

"The net worth was zero."

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Okay no wing suit. How is going to guide himself to make sure he's on target? Especially the last thousand feet?

And how big is the net?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I always wanted to go hand-gliding or skydiving. But this sounds just plain suicidal.

Suicides are hailed as cowards, daredevils as heros! Never could figure this out.
edit on 30-7-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join