It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find 30 million images of child abuse in major anti-paedophile operation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The national investigation, called Operation Lattise, is the first of its kind to take place in Scotland and was carried out over five and a half weeks Between 6 June and 15 July Operation Lattise by Police Scotland.

It has resulted, to date, in 77 people being arrested and charged; the recovery of more than 30 million sexual images; the assessment of over 100,000 chat logs; and more than 390 charges libeled, including: rape; sharing indecent images of children; grooming for sexual purposes; sexual extortion; indecent communication with children; possession of a firearm; bestiality; and drugs offences. Many of the investigations are still ongoing.
Source< br />
It's been reported from over news sites that over 500 victims had been involved and that some may be high ranking officials of some kind. So far 547 computers have been seized and is going to take a team of four months to detail all the evidence.

This is a big win against those who have such vile human condition. As are all undercover operations that seek to expose sexual crimes of this nature.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
More filthy pedos. Lock 'em up together ... toss the key ... let 'em eat each other.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Bring back hanging.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

I hope someday the vile creatures in control of our Governments that are protected are taken down for their crimes against children.

But this is good news, anytime a child is protected and vermin are caught.

I will have to follow this to see what convictions come of this.

Thanks for the news Tindalos.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Read this last night on skynews... was kinda disgusted by it and was going to make a thread on it but decided not to.

The Internet is really a dangerous place for all sorts of things...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It's been reported from over news sites that over 500 victims had been involved and that some may be high ranking officials of some kind.

That should be revealing.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What saddened me when I saw the story is that this was only an investigation in Scotland, just think how many poor kids must be getting abused over the whole UK.

When I worked for Social Services I had all the released sex offender clients living in the community because female staff had to go in pairs and male staff didn't. Sensible use of resources but I only lasted a year before resigning, couldn't cope with earning money by assisting the lives of people I didn't want to assist.

...that's the most diplomatic way I can describe how I felt, especially for one guy who had pictures of kids in the local parks on his walls. I referred it to the police but because the kids were part of the 'general scene' and clothed, there was nothing they could do.
edit on 30.7.2016 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I just can not get my understanding of how the brain could be wired so wrong as to pursue sinister exploitation of a child. I really feel uncomfortable living in a reality where, among other unsavory things, pedophilia exists.
edit on 30-7-2016 by Tindalos2013 because: misplaced a comma.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Bring back hanging.

... for the thumbs.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It's been reported from over news sites that over 500 victims had been involved and that some may be high ranking officials of some kind.

Watch bill clinton be in some of those photos

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Where are all the pedophile apologists saying we shouldn't judge anyone based on their sexual orientation?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I would hate to be the person who has to look through all that #.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

What saddened me when I saw the story is that this was only an investigation in Scotland, just think how many poor kids must be getting abused over the whole UK.

When I worked for Social Services I had all the released sex offender clients living in the community because female staff had to go in pairs and male staff didn't. Sensible use of resources but I only lasted a year before resigning, couldn't cope with earning money by assisting the lives of people I didn't want to assist.

...that's the most diplomatic way I can describe how I felt, especially for one guy who had pictures of kids in the local parks on his walls. I referred it to the police but because the kids were part of the 'general scene' and clothed, there was nothing they could do.

What I keep seeing is the deniers the disgust me, so many willing to turn a blind eye and pretend this is not happening on a worldwide level.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

For this many to be getting away with it for so long can only mean people in power are involved I hope more operations like this happen.
Poor kids I hope they identify them and get them the help they need.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The known and convicted numbers of paedophiles is shocking enough, but the actual figures I imagine are horrific.
Protecting children is massive in my psyche, I'd do time if the circumstances required it, some of the smug abusers I had to deal with made me realise they are not fixed with a bull# 5 year stretch in UK prison.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What is it about Europe that we're always hearing about this kind of crap

I know that there has been a few cases of pedo rings in the US, but it just seems that this is a running theme over there.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: intrptr

Watch bill clinton be in some of those photos

Dunno, this was Scotland? I'm reminded all the accusations of royalty being involved in child sexual abuse. Theres threads...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

I know that there has been a few cases of pedo rings in the US, but it just seems that this is a running theme over there.

Sexual abuse against children is universal and the issue for all of us.
Bringing a lame 'we don't abuse our kids as much' argument is lame as #...unless you have a source to back up your personal observations of course?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

It's probable that the European police services are more able to direct attention and focus to this type of crime. In other words, the US just has more people getting away with it.

However, it I think abuse of children is orders of magnitude worse in the developing and undeveloped world, where women and girls are brutalised, controlled and have no voice. Now, let me count the countries...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The sad thing is, pedophilia runs rampant within the Catholic church and in other organizations/places but is protected by certain complicit parties :/ there is a great movie called Spotlight that is based on a true story that talks about it.

I wonder if the reports that many of the Royal family members and other uppety elitist types are in these "protected circles"... that wouldn't surprise me ONE BIT. Many are psychos in so many other sick ways so it would make perfect sense.

Sick, sick people. The fact that justice will never be served for many of them makes my blood boil

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join