It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Friday Night Flop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome to the Friday night flop.

What is this thing I hear you say? It is a club, for people who spend Fridays on ATS.

What is the need for such a thing you might respond?

The need is clear, ATS sucks arse on a Friday night, no ifs, ands or possibles, it just does!

Nothing EVER happens on a Friday night on ATS! And that is not ATS' fault, it is ours, lowly contributor.

Yes, many a Friday have I spent hoping for a tittle, a tattle, a ramikin of news...and sorely have I gone to sleep, lost in the depths of despair at the desert of interest that is ATS once Friday comes around!

No more shall we have to accept that we are intrinsically boring bastards but instead may bask in the glory (slightly dull) of our imposed Fridayness!

There are clubs of all stripes on ATS, oh yes! There are clubs for hunters, gatherers, political geniuses, picture aficionados and scientists.

Then let there be one club for those of us who have no clue about those things on a Friday!

I expect nothing, it is Friday, but you must understand the door...is always open.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Shall I bring drinks and food? What shall we discuss?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Absolutely!!! Drinks and discussion...hold on, about the discussion thing

I have a website you can look at, how about that?

Our own, and very venerable IsaacKoi made a website to validate, or not, a ufo video.

What happened to that?

ISaacKoi PR investigation website

How about just fun stuff?

Unit 731

(Just kidding, it is the antithesis of fun!)

I don't know, just Friday stuff?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Anyway, because it is Friday, and there is bugger all to do, I am going to share a website.

There are many hoaxes in the world, and many are still believed.

Can you find a hoax here that is still believed? Or is the debunk not real?

Museum of hoaxes

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Should Charlie Manson's songs be available on YouTube?

These questions and more...

(Yes, that is Charles Manson singing)

edit on 29-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As I was bouncing around the interwebs, as you do on a Friday night, I came across this website:

Now my question is, have you ever, and I do mean EVER, seen a more poorly designed and, lets be honest, visually dangerous website, in your lives?

Very badly designed and visually dangerous website

Wear glasses

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Jeez, we brought drinks and food and no one is showing up. We can't be the only one's without a life. Sheesh!

I'm leery of clicking on links to unfamiliar sites. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Jeez, we brought drinks and food and no one is showing up. We can't be the only one's without a life. Sheesh!

I'm leery of clicking on links to unfamiliar sites. Sorry.

Yep, nobody cares!

No worries though.

As for clicking on links, well I don't blame you, I would say though that I am aware of risks, and would never share a link that was risky.

I just would not do that.

The very badly designed website is well worth a visit...it is hilarious.

edit on 29-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I went to the museum of hoaxes.... But it immediately put me to sleep.

Now to the badly designed website

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I once clicked a link that others didn't have a problem with and wham something went wacky with my computer. I take risks sometimes though. Right now I just need a nice bath with my dragon story book and scented soap. LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No problem at all.

Enjoy your bath, in fact...no hold on...just enjoy your bath!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I lied, I have seen worse sites, but damn...it IS bad, right?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Cuba libre on me folks

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It was pretty bad. And I want to share it with everyone!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Omg that website is so bad!!! I cant make heads or tails of it.

Im home this friday night too. I actually like spending friday evening laying around reading. Actually i just woke up from a nap so im able to post all night long in this thread.

Hey heres something weird that happened to me yeasterday.

I was doing a "handyman" type job fixing the sprinkler/irrigation system for a old house in the hollywood hills. Rumor has it the house is haunted by a friendly former owner who passed in the upstairs master bedroom years ago.

The house itself is a beautiful 1920 spanish two story house on a quite street nestled into the foothills of old hollywood just behind hollywood blvd and franklin.

I have permission by the owner to enter the house and walk through it to get to the backyard. Its easier to go through the house than around the side as the property is terraced.

Now keep in mind i was the only one there the whole day and alone. The owner is at work. Nobody else there or supposed to be.

So its mid day and i enter the front foyer/entry of the house to make my way to the backyard. The stairs to the upstairs are directly in front of me as i stand there taking a peak at ats on my phone, when i hear above me (where the master bedroom is located) boot steps ka-plunk, ka-plunk, ka-plunk.......ka-plunk.

Somebody is obviously upstairs and walking around. I ruled out natural sounds. Couldnt have been a water pipe bouncing around in the walls i had turned off the main water valve to the entire property hours earlier. I figure maybe the owner had come back for a monent on his lunch break and i just didnt notice.

So i go upstairs and walk around saying "hello?" the house is totally empty. So i text the owner "hey is your house haunted?" responds "yes, by the former owner of the house. Hes friendly though and just walks around upstairs. His name is Tom." Nobody wanted to buy the propety for almost a year and he had gotten a hell of a deal on it, as he had juat purchased it recently. So i say "hi Tom!" cheerily and go on about my work.

So theres a ghost story for friday night ats readers.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

ooooh, I love ghost stories! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I actually grew up in a haunted house thats in the same neighborhood. (Its an interesting house after my dad sold it, it made its rounds with a bunch of movie celebrity owners) I have tons of ghost stories that happened to me and my family from there.

edit on 30-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks guys for your company, and thanks @BASSPLAYER for the cool story!

Anyway, as this place is only really open for business on Fridays, and Friday is a bit away, I thought I would leave you with a thing to tide you all over until the next one:

In keeping with the "very badly designed website" motif, I present to you the grandmother of all bad sites:

Yvette's Bridal Formal is a horrorshow of a website, ostensibly a wedding shop website, it just gets weirder and weirder the more you dig. The website is no more alas, but the link I present is an archived version, because such badassness should never be lost. (The link will open a download box for a midi file, just click x if you don't want the full experience.)

Yvette's Bridal Formal

In case you don't want to click the link, somebody made a YouTube video about it, it really is THAT BAD!

Anyway, have fun till next Friday and have a great week.

edit on 30-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh god, it hurts!! it hurts!

That wwebsite is going to give some poor soul an epileptic seizure someday. Now i gotta find some doozies to bring to the table for next friday.

I really like this thread and the concept behind it btw. Ill be hanging out here next Friday!

In the mean time ill leave a parting ghost story. This one while driving.

I have this thing where i like to drive slowely around neighborhoods looking at the houses, their landscaping, what the owners did with the property and daydreaming about what i would do with the same property. Id usually pick neat or funky neighborhoods for their architectual themes.

So one time im driving around a neighborhood in a part of the hollywood hills of of laurel canyon. For a mental image, laurel canyon is a winding steep walled canyon that leads up into the hills above sunset blvd with dusty messy trees lining it all the way to mulholland drive. The combination of the trescand high rocky canyon walls leads to it being a dark and shady place. Houdinis house is half way up the canyon. Many musicians and artists have been attracted to the canyon for this unique, whimsical but dark energy the neighborhood possesses.

So im deep in the canyon one winter night driving around a side neighborhood off of laurel canyon that seemed like it might have some intetesting old houses to admire. Im snug in my car. Its late and very quiet and im creeping up this one narrow road slowely, looking at one particular house, when i notice along the shoulder about 60 feet infront of me a sepia colored figure walking up the road. I figure its a person going for a late night walk so i gingerly approach preparing to drive around them.

Now when i first saw this person my headlights were illuminating her (?) from the waist down. I couldnt see the rest of the body. As i get closer i realize that there is no upper body. Its literally a body from the waist down. It appeared to be a self animated pair of pants walking up the street. As i got to within 15 feet it simply dissolved and vanished.

Didnt expect to see a partial apparition while house sighting.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Wonder where the rest of her is? Maybe she is searching for it. Creepy!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join