It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nautilus marine explorers discover a mysterious purple orb.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Has a new form of life been discovered at the bottom of the ocean? Mysterious glowing purple orb has scientists and the internet stumped.
The purple orb was sucked off the sea bed during a live Nautilus exploration.

On the recent dive, researchers operating an ROV in the waters of the Pacific off the coast of Los Angeles noticed something very strange in the water. A bright purple blob was hanging out under a protective overhang, much to the utter excitement of the researchers watching live video from the dive. Though they had absolutely no idea what it was, they quickly collected it, after fending off a crab with the same idea in mind.

Best guess is that it is some specie of sea slug as yet unknown. Anyway, it is a cute little beastie, the team can be heard saying that it has a flat bottom, or is flat underneath. Time will tell what it turns out to be, but it would make a nice alien anyway.

www.popsci.com...
edit on 27-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Has a new form of life been discovered at the bottom of the ocean? Mysterious glowing purple orb has scientists and the internet stumped
Purple orb was sucked off the sea bed during a live Nautilus exploration.
On a recent dive, researchers operating an ROV in the waters of the Pacific off the coast of Los Angeles noticed something very strange in the water. A bright purple blob was hanging out under a protective overhang, much to the utter excitement of the researchers watching live video from the dive. Though they had absolutely no idea what it was, they quickly collected it, after fending off a crab with the same idea in mind.

Best guess is that it is some specie of sea slug as yet unknown. Anyway, it is a cute little beastie, the team can be heard saying that it has a flat bottom, or is flat underneath. Time will tell what it turns out to be, but it would make a nice alien anyway.

www.popsci.com...
Neat. Anybody else notice the Duct tape on the end of the hose? WTF?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Very cool, I want these peoples jobs - they sounded like they were just hanging out in a break room looking at cool stuff underwater.

Also the duct tape "slurp" - VERY scientific lol

Great video!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

originally posted by: smurfy
Has a new form of life been discovered at the bottom of the ocean? Mysterious glowing purple orb has scientists and the internet stumped
Purple orb was sucked off the sea bed during a live Nautilus exploration.
On a recent dive, researchers operating an ROV in the waters of the Pacific off the coast of Los Angeles noticed something very strange in the water. A bright purple blob was hanging out under a protective overhang, much to the utter excitement of the researchers watching live video from the dive. Though they had absolutely no idea what it was, they quickly collected it, after fending off a crab with the same idea in mind.

www.popsci.com...
Neat. Anybody else notice the Duct tape on the end of the hose? WTF?

I did see that, I'm thinking the robotic arm maybe squeezes too hard at times on the soft part of the hose.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

When the crab's leg brushes against the purple thing-the way it moved looked like it was attached to a stalk or something.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Neat, but I was more intrigued by the process and discussion on collecting it than I am about what it actually is.

They mention that it is hollow, right at the end. Interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A purple blob... i saw that movie in 1988, it eats the whole town...

Its just inactive now due to the cold of the ocean, wait until its on the ship and start growing

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Love the excitement in finding something new.

I noticed when the crab touched the little purple ball, it seemed firm like a sponge in the way it moved & seemed slightly attached.

Not round enough unless the one they were looking at was a baby?

Duct tape amazing again!!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I really hope they did not take that spider crap eggs
did you see it walked over to it and gave it a gentle touch of love before they stole it
I gonna cry now

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze

When the crab's leg brushes against the purple thing-the way it moved looked like it was attached to a stalk or something.

That's right, in fact if you look to the left you can see some grey coloured round orbs or cells of some kind dotted about, and when they removed the purple sac whatever, you can see it had been attached to the same kind of grey cell.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingDepth
Love the excitement in finding something new.

Er um, er, ummmm. I don't think I want to go there re your pic. Let's see, colour me Purple...Blue and Red, while the inner glow is Pink in the video, and they do say from the start the colour Purple for the main body. So my guess is that whatever is inside is a very pale pink tone.
Also the sac/orb whatever is relatively large compared with the crab.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That's funny. Hey, here's a new type of species we have never seen before! Quick, take it out of it's native environment to kill and study it!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Its a OHOEFPPE. Where are the scientists gonna find purple people for it to eat?

Now its gonna have to break out of the lab to look for food and you'd better not get in the way of its horn when its angry!

top topics

join