It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rio 2016 Olympics: The Problems Begin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have yet to find this in English, but I'll translate it to the best of my abilities.

Original:

Estrangeiros relatam furtos e chamam Vila Olímpica da Rio-16 de inabitável

A abertura da Vila Olímpica para atletas teve longas filas, reclamações de delegações e relatos de objetos furtados no interior do condomínio.

O Comitê Olímpico da Austrália classificou a Vila como “inabitável”. O site australiano “The Age” publicou que as reclamações da delegação incluem pias vazando, sanitários entupidos e escadas sem iluminação, por exemplo.

Translation:

Foreigners report burglaries and call Rio-16 Olympic Village 'uninhabitable'

The Olympic Village opening to the athletes had long lines, complaints from teams and reports of stolen objects from inside the condo.

The Australian Olympic Committee classified the Village as 'uninhabitable'. The Australian site 'The Age' published about leaking sinks, clogged toilets and stairwells with no illumination as examples of the complaints.

Brazilian News (IN PORTUGUESE)

You can read more about the complaints here:

Alternative accommodation for team members arriving over the next three days has been arranged.

Chiller, the head of Australia's Olympic delegation, said extra maintenance staff and more than 1,000 cleaners have been engaged to fix the problems but the faults, particularly the plumbing issues, have not been resolved.

She said in a statement on the Australian Olympic website: "Due to a variety of problems in the Village, including gas, electricity and plumbing, I have decided that no Australian team member will move into our allocated building.

"Problems include blocked toilets, leaking pipes, exposed wiring, darkened stairwells where no lighting has been installed and dirty floors in need of a massive clean."

BBC

I honestly can't say I'm surprised. As I had mentioned on another thread, I have, unfortunately, terrible expectations about the Olympics. As much as I hope it'll all go well, it's hard to ignore the signs.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We'll see. Weren't there similar complaints about the Russian winter games too? I think there Olympic village was also sort of unfinished.

I'm not saying I have high hopes for Rio. The country has had enough problems over the course of the last few years that I'll be surprised if they get it together, but this is not too dissimilar to some of the reports we saw early on about Russia.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Russia is banned because some control freaks want everything Russian expunged.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Brazil videos dominate liveleak.

I am not surprised.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I'm not talking about that or this Olympics.

I am talking about Sochi. The Russians had similar reports coming out about the Olympic village in Sochi, and they still ran those Olympics without too many hitches as I recall.

Of course, if you think doping is cool ... against athletes who don't, then pretty soon, everyone will dope.

But I guess that might make things more entertaining.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Something else to add: When you are talking about competitions like this, the athletes are part of the scenery and not as catered to as you might think. The tourists are the real money makers at these things, so they're the ones who get the most pandering. Their areas will have the most effort expended to make them the nicest.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Perhaps those Russian athletes who have been banned should count their lucky stars

Not an event i plan on going to this year

CbG

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I watched "Clinton Cash" last night and decided to google Who built the Olympic village in Rio. Considering the obviously flawed planning and building of the village Clintons came to mind and so it appears the Company who built the village is none other than "Odebrecht".

This is a blurb about them on their website.

Odebrecht is a global organization of Brazilian origin, with a ongoing commitment to satisfying its clients, generating value for its shareholders, developing the communities in which it does business, and helping its members to fulfill their potential.

Odebrecht

If you go to that link their company mentions sustainability and words itself like an Agenda 21 church. Kind of like the Clinton Foundation?

Anyhow, one of their family members "Marcelo Odebrecht" was arrested in 2015 for?

Odebrecht’s billionaire family’s empire spans across more than 20 nations. The company over which he presides as president, Odebrecht SA, has built Brazilian World Cup stadiums, Cuba’s deep water port, Miami’s airport and is Angola’s biggest private employer. The conglomerate is a major and aggressive donor to Brazilian political campaigns at all levels.

Police detained Odebrecht, 46 years old, and Otavio Azevedo of Andrade Gutierrez SA, Friday as part of a coordinated federal operation involving 220 police officers in four states. The strike is the culmination of months of digging by investigators who were convinced that a scheme involving Petrobras insiders and contractors to rake-off vast sums from inflated construction and service contracts had to have the blessings of corporate higher-ups.

“This is the biggest fish they’ve caught yet,” said David Fleischer, an emeritus professor of political science at the University of Brasilia.

Arrest of ‘Big Fish’ Odebrecht Ups the Stakes in Petrobras Probe

It appears "Odebrecht" also is a player in the Clinton Foundation!

Clinton Foundation Donors: Search

Seems a lot of these big players have an issue with making money but not delivering on their promises?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

1. The Problem began the minute they picked RIO. I'm assuming those that made that horrible decision never heard of liveleak.

2. Cr@p, John Titor wasn't a hoax and was right, he must have just altered the timelime enough to push back the events he was talking about.

Titor unambiguously claimed that the last Olympics would occur in 2004

Looks like 2016 is the year.

Titor claimed There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the

missed it by 11 years from indications of this coming election year ,dncleaks,russian leaks, and world conflicts. So we got till 2026 before the nukies come out and play

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I keep hoping these Olympics will be cancelled. Hopefully not too many of the athletes will be murdered, sickened, or abducted. But it would be best to just cancel the entire event.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Nice job connecting the dots.

It is amazing and disheartening how widespread the corruption is with the Clintons.

Their tentacles are everywhere you look.

What Rio doesn’t want the world to see.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I am not saying the Clinton Foundation is involved. But that Odebrect has a foundation just like the Clinton Foundation. I think the elite have figured out a great way to siphon off tax payer money to make themselves filthy rich!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I know, I am not saying the Clinton's have their slimy fingers involved in RIO, although it would not surprise me.

I watched Clinton Cash yesterday as well, very eye opening and disturbing.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This is not some conspiracy to victimise Russia. The facts is that various independent investigations show Russian government involvement in corrupting sport. Russia is the master of their own fate.

Richard McLaren’s report says that the Russian government oversaw widespread doping across a range of sports, including at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. The IOC have labelled the findings “a shocking and unprecedented attack on the integrity of sports and on the Olympics”

Gaurdian article

On Russian being banned from Rio. You are wrong.

1. The IOC will not accept any entry of any Russian athlete in the Olympic Games Rio 2016 unless such athlete can meet the conditions set out below.

S ource IOC

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Why is it so damn hard for some countries to develop and enforce building and fire codes? Simple solution really. Too much corruption i suppose.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
its pick pocket heaven down there

this is going to be one for the ages

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Over the years the Olympics and other Illuminati shows are getting weirder and weirder, with that European tunnel opening we even had simulated sex with goats its all got to end with a real human sacrifice I believe. I have grave fears these games will be one to go down in infamy.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

This is not some conspiracy to victimize Russia.

The hell. Banning all athletes from Russia because some were doping? there wouldn't be an Olympics if they applied that reasoning evenly.

Obviously its anti Russian. Effectively marginalizes Russia from the world stage and removes any real competition from the field.

Eww, they must all be bad, they all got banned.
edit on 24-7-2016 by intrptr because: spelling and additional

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'm not talking about that or this Olympics.

I am talking about Sochi.

As long as Russia gets worked into the picture, right.

I remember that. The western main stream had a field day condemning everything Sochi. I was here for that BS.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And yet, you missed how my reply was actually downplaying this report in your rush to jerk your knee?

Seriously, re-read what I said and think about it. Did I or did I not point out that these reports came out about Sochi too and that event turned out fine.

That would seem to imply that I don't think this particular report is the end of the world (or at least Rio's Olympics) because it certainly didn't seem to make much difference for the success of Sochi.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join