It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

So none of you find it suspicious that we have footage of the guy laying on the ground with his hands in the air, but not the actual shooting? There's a reason for that I'm sure.

I was wondering about that. It could be edited, but for the purposes of speculation I have a possible theory.

Situation begins: Cops arrive, guns drawn, person starts filming.

Suspect clearly surrenders and lays down, hands up...person thinks it is over and hits the stop button, then...

WTF they shot the guy??? Starts filming again.

Just a thought.

Terrible incident in any case. So sad.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bone75
So none of you find it suspicious that we have footage of the guy laying on the ground with his hands in the air, but not the actual shooting?

There's a reason for that I'm sure.

I'm curious what you think that reason is. Did the guy suddenly start reaching for a gun when the video went off or something? Is that what you are suggesting? Are you honestly incapable of finding fault with the police?

Oh look, another person putting words in my mouth.

By not showing him getting shot, the media is creating doubt. Doubt that the left will spin into racism. Later the unedited version will come out and you'll say "See, it happened just the way he said it did, but you didn't believe him because he's black".

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I have yet to see any evidence that Mr. Castile had the gun on his lap and he was reaching for it. Links?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I'm asking questions for you to clarify. How is that putting words in your mouth? If the answer is no, then just say no. You still didn't clarify what you meant there like I asked. You just got indignant that I had the audacity to ask you a couple of questions.

Later the unedited version will come out and you'll say "See, it happened just the way he said it did, but you didn't believe him because he's black".

Now who is putting words in people's mouth? Lol.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am more curious why they thought that the autistic person was a threat .. and why does Miami Police not respond right now?

Clearly full transparency is the best way right now to handle this kind of situations. Regardless what and why it happened.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: gladtobehere

all we have is one side of the story.
i want to hear the officer's side of what happened before making a judgment.

Officer's side when asked why he shot: "Ummmm.....I don't know". I mean, he can't even justify it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Officer's side when asked why he shot: "Ummmm.....I don't know". I mean, he can't even justify it.

Resident ATS members have been along to tell us all about the benevolent and in-the-right police officer in this case.

Amazing. In Soviet Amerika, cop shoot you - and he doesn't know why!

And people still justify this. No wonder this nation wants Trump/Hillary.

Americans LOVE authoritarianism.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm just wondering if they cuffed the guy, sent him to the hospital and then left, leaving the autistic man playing with his toy truck in the middle of the road...

really, why in the world did they have their guns drawn to begin with?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I'm just wondering if they cuffed the guy, sent him to the hospital and then left, leaving the autistic man playing with his toy truck in the middle of the road...

Because some asshole called the police and told them there was someone in the street waving a gun and threatening to commit suicide.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

I have yet to see any evidence that Mr. Castile had the gun on his lap and he was reaching for it. Links?

From the picture I saw, the gun was on the ground. If it was holstered, it would have been on his body still. Unless the cops pulled the gun out and just dropped it on the ground. The object on his lap in another picture does appear to be a firearm. I honestly see no motive for any officer to just shoot away and no perceived threat.

Now that being said. Obviously there is a chance, however slight that may be, that the officer just felt like murdering a guy for no reason whatsoever. In this day in age, with the police being under close scrutiny, I have a hard time believing that is the case.

I just found something else I did not know about, whether the source is true or not, could be very damning.

Police have linked the tax stamp on the Newport cigarettes Reynolds had in her possession on another video to the robbery of a convenience store.

madworldnews.com...

And now to the pictures. The first needs to be blown up to really get a better look.

The firearms are not the same in both pictures btw.

The crime scene. Gun is on evidence marker #6

edit on 21-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: dawnstar

Because some asshole called the police and told them there was someone in the street waving a gun and threatening to commit suicide.

This is the part people are forgetting, with all of the "why did they have guns drawn" comments.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

My question to you is, what if, hypothetically, Castile did indeed rob that store, as it is starting to possibly look like? Would the cop be guilty of something still?

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

That is what gets me... This whole thing seems staged. There seems to be a lot of "convenient to the narrative" shootings lately....

link   

And this is the part where I suggest we start having people who make 911 calls like this that end up getting people shot or killed, prosecuted and held criminally accountable.

Once the main investigation is over the 911 caller should be identified and brought in for questioning.

It's time we start holding 911 callers accountable. Had the caretaker been killed, we would have had more riots and protests and maybe more cop killings and it would have basically fallen on the 911 caller in the very end. No 911 caller, no police with guns drawn, situation defused by caretaker and everyone goes on enjoying their lives.

For now though I hope the caretaker gets a big settlement, I hope the cop gets fired, stripped of pension, and charged criminally and can't even get a job sweeping floors for the rest of his miserable life.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

ya, but, I'm sorry, it shouldn't have taken them too long once they got there to assess the situation and figure out something else was going on... unless of course, grown men sitting in the street playing with toy trucks is a common occurance in miami.

and, I don't think that the cop intended on shooting, I believe him when he says that he doesn't know why he fired. chalk it up to poor training and unfamiliarity to the gun he was using.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: soekvg

And this is the part where I suggest we start having people who make 911 calls like this that end up getting people shot or killed, prosecuted and held criminally accountable.

Once the main investigation is over the 911 caller should be identified and brought in for questioning.

It's time we start holding 911 callers accountable. Had the caretaker been killed, we would have had more riots and protests and maybe more cop killings and it would have basically fallen on the 911 caller in the very end. No 911 caller, no police with guns drawn, situation defused by caretaker and everyone goes on enjoying their lives.

For now though I hope the caretaker gets a big settlement, I hope the cop gets fired, stripped of pension, and charged criminally and can't even get a job sweeping floors for the rest of his miserable life.

If the caller is purposely lying then yes.. Now is a concerned citizen supposed to say, Lets not call 9/11 yet because what looks like a gun, could be a toy truck? From a distance it is hard to tell what he had in his hand. I am not at all justifying the officers actions, only talking about the 9-11 caller.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The cop said he didnt know why he shot him, and he never committed any crime that day, but they still handcuff him instead of giving him immediate medical attention? If it was just a mistake shot you would think the officer would be sorry and doing whatever he could for the victims injuries and staying by his side in an empathetic manner. This is so wrong!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: panaque

The cop said he didnt know why he shot him, and he never committed any crime that day, but they still handcuff him instead of giving him immediate medical attention? If it was just a mistake shot you would think the officer would be sorry and doing whatever he could for the victims injuries and staying by his side in an empathetic manner. This is so wrong!

It is a training issue. The police did not know what was going on and it is SOP to handcuff everyone involved until things are sorted out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join