It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon Go is the Beginning of a new Kind of Warfare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I won't go into the details behind my despication of Pokemon Go but suffice to say my 20 year old son is hooked on it big time and it has almost taken control of his life. Even early on I could just tell with how hard it controlled his everyday movements that it had him addicted in a very short time, he was a big fan of Pokemon as a small kid so it connected intensely into his psyche quickly and very persuasively.

Looking for an angle of where this kind of concept could lead I come up with a very sinister thought, imagine if instead of chasing Pokemon by just walking around what if they substituted them with Bitcoins ? and now just walking around won't get you a stash without carrying out a task of some sort. This is where it could turn nasty, unimaginable portions of the community are hooked on "MONEY" and a large percentile of those would do almost anything for that adrenaline rush of getting it through gaming.

I could see a time when a game could arise where you have to compete with others to get the bitcoins by dueling or battling in some form, worse yet imagine if you had to take out a target ? imagine if you had to form a horde and take out whole street with a violent act or even worse...kill.

Place 100 Million Dollars worth of Bitcoin in a Railway station and sit back and watch the carnage, or even worse put it in a Desert or in the Ocean ? well you get the picture. Then imagine if it went "Dark Net" and you had a reward for Assassinating a prominent Politician or dare I say it driving a Lorry down a busy Mall and all the while collecting loot like its a game of Grand Theft Auto ?

I say we need laws pronto to control what can be done with gaming and set the rules now before its too late.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Interesting premise.

Sounds like it would make a good novel!!

(Not trying to trivialise)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Nice post, but what you fear has already been done, kill non muslims , go to paradise and get 72 virgin transvestites.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

As soon as you introduce suicide you exclude 99.9% of candidates, most people don't have the stomach for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth

As soon as you introduce suicide you exclude 99.9% of candidates, most people don't have the stomach for it.

You do not understand Islam.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

Religion/ideals do not trump people, this is not a card game...
edit on 20-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
If people studyed history they would see that the concept the OP is precenting has been used in many forms for many 1000s of years. Its nothing new.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Tell that to the people in Europe who are dieing becouse of said ideals

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Funny you should say that, I am currently listening to Bill Warner who knows more about islam than anyone and it aint pretty.

www.youtube.com...

Is one of the best introductions all that is Islam.
edit on 20-7-2016 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Tell that to the people in Europe who are dieing becouse of said ideals

Just in case you had not noticed people from all over the globe are dying because of religious dogma, it is nothing new it has been going on for a very very long time ....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
So what you are saying is....there will be a day when people will be willing to do anything for money, including murder. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not new, lol.

Pokemon Go isn't warfare, its just a game.

We are going to see more and more virtual reality, and augmented reality. It's only a matter of time!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm going to find and kill/cook/skin a pickachu....If it's the last thing I do.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012
So what you are saying is....there will be a day when people will be willing to do anything for money, including murder. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not new, lol.

Pokemon Go isn't warfare, its just a game.

We are going to see more and more virtual reality, and augmented reality. It's only a matter of time!

It seems the OP has just discovered the wheel.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is a Swedish movie from the 90's where people play some kind of underground game and the purpose is to "frag"(kill) people in real life. The killers run around in the subway with night vision goggles. Pretty watchable movie actually, the only Beck(franchise) movie I like..

Clearly this is some grand Illuminati plan we need to watch out for.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Never tried it. Haven't even been to its website.

I'm not susceptible to games.

Survival of the fittest.

I'm good.

How about a game which ends with all those addicted to their phones isolated on some far-off island?

edit on 20-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I say we need laws pronto to control what can be done with gaming and set the rules now before its too late.

Firstly, I empathize the fact that You believe Your son is addicted to a cell phone game. But do You actually believe more laws legislated is the answer? What if the penalty is 10 years and Your son is the first person arrested?

I don't have a cell phone and seem to get along just fine... Maybe encourage Your son to use His most valuable asset "time" in more constructive ways?

namaste

P.S. Hopefully Your not just trying to drum up business for a new book? hahahaha

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

naw, Pokemon Go is attempting to do what "the game" did to people in Star Trek TNG

If you haven't seen the episode, watch it, then watch every other episode of Star Trek... ever...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Let me know when it comes out, 100 million dollars is a good sum I will sure download that app

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

And who would be willing to give up 100 million bitcoin.

I think people need to research what that actually is, and how it works.

There is no way that PokemonGo can be some catalyst for what your'e talking about.

It's basically geocaching for little creatures.

And that's been around for like 20 years.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I agree with you op. A lot if people seem to be scoffing at your idea, but I see it happening. Its already getting out of control in my home town. Downtown is flooded with people playing PG every night of the week. Its so crowded with people walking in the street that extra police are now being assigned to deal with the crowds. People have been arrested for breaking in to the zoo, and using lure modules to rob unsuspecting kids. And that's just for a Pokemon. Imagine how bad it could be if money was the goal. This could be a very dangerous weapon. For those who say its just a game, I say so is call of duty. But soldiers use it for training. Give it a little time and evolution. It will get worse

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join