It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So what time does this shindig officially kick off?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Kasich is not coming to the convention, even though it is being held in his state.
What a sore loser!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Kasich is not coming to the convention, even though it is being held in his state.
What a sore loser!

He's still pouting because he wasn't accepted as the Big Kahuna he thinks he is. He makes me yawn anyway. I bet he was one of those kids that when he didn't get his way took his ball and went home. "ne ne ne ne ne ne big meanies!"

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

What a sore loser!

Who cares about Kasich?

Scott Baio and Duck Dynasty are scheduled to speak!!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What a sore loser!

I don't think he's not going because he lost. I think it's because he can't support the nominee. Bushes, too. They simply can't show solidarity with someone masquerading as a Republican.

I will watch some of the convention coverage, just to keep up with it, but I simply cannot listen to Trump speak. If he becomes president, it will be very difficult for me to watch him.
edit on 7/18/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh the Bushes won't support him?

He has my full support then.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Masquerading? That isn't fair play. The People are not aligning in lock step with everything the Republican Party pushes. Many of us that vote Republican don't embrace every single bullet point of their platform, and Donald Trump is the answer for many many who would like to see the party veer toward more focus on immigration, national security, jobs, economy, and fiscal issues rather than constantly fighting the social justice silly battles.

Jeb Bush is pouting because he really really thought his Big Money Donors would secure the nomination for him.
Kasich is pouting, too. Big spoiled crybabies, imo.

But, I notice Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Ben Carson, and some others that skip my mind at the moment are standing with him and will speak at the convention.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Will somebody please wake me up if there's 1.) bloodshed or tears or 2.) the GOP attempts a coup.

Thanks.

P.S. Didn't see Ted Nugent in the list? Maybe I just missed it. Also, I think Real Time (HBO) is covering the convention live on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Theme day 1: Make America Safe Again.

MASA...

*facepalm*

I know what you mean.

Trump talkin with his hands is out of control.

With the exception of Ron and Rand, I cant watch any politician speak.
edit on 18-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Not good. BLM is showing up:
www.foxnews.com...

Also a growing Black Lives Matter contingent calling for the police to be disarmed.

Can't they give it a rest? A day after more officers were killed, and they have the nerve to stir things up?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.

- Elbert Hubbard

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: UKTruth
This will be very interesting to see - will it be all about Trump or all about the party?
If it's the former I don't think it will give Trump the boost he needs.

I have a feeling it will be all about the riots.

In more ways than one.

Trumps new slogan..."Make America Safe Again"....."I am the LAW AND ORDER Candidate"

He is going full NIXON...

Trump’s Campaign Manager Says He’ll Channel ‘Law And Order’ Richard Nixon

“We started on the speech a couple of weeks ago,” said Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

“We looked at previous conventions speeches; the one he focused on, though, was Nixon in 1968.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“The speech will be him,” said Manafort, noting that Richard Nixon’s acceptance speech at the 1968 RNC is one Trump himself liked and may look to for inspiration.

In 1968, as riots were engulfing Detroit and Chicago, Nixon spoke of “cities enveloped in smoke and flame … sirens in the night” and lamented “Americans hating each other, fighting each other, killing each other at home.”

www.politico.com...

Put another way...Trump see the violence and racial unrest as his ticket to the WH.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: UKTruth
This will be very interesting to see - will it be all about Trump or all about the party?
If it's the former I don't think it will give Trump the boost he needs.

I have a feeling it will be all about the riots.

In more ways than one.

Trumps new slogan..."Make America Safe Again"....."I am the LAW AND ORDER Candidate"

He is going full NIXON...

Trump’s Campaign Manager Says He’ll Channel ‘Law And Order’ Richard Nixon

“We started on the speech a couple of weeks ago,” said Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

“We looked at previous conventions speeches; the one he focused on, though, was Nixon in 1968.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“The speech will be him,” said Manafort, noting that Richard Nixon’s acceptance speech at the 1968 RNC is one Trump himself liked and may look to for inspiration.

In 1968, as riots were engulfing Detroit and Chicago, Nixon spoke of “cities enveloped in smoke and flame … sirens in the night” and lamented “Americans hating each other, fighting each other, killing each other at home.”

www.politico.com...

Put another way...Trump see the violence and racial unrest as his ticket to the WH.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I don't think it's Trump's supporters that make people believe he is masquerading as a Republican. It's him. Since day one he has been pretty blatant about hating the party. I don't know why he ran as a republican unless creating disunity in the party was his goal.

Personally, I think it's more on point to say he is masquerading as a populist candidate.

If Trump ran as a third party, I might have believed he is sincere. But he ran as a republican and has seriously weakened and divided the party. Who benefits most from that? Democrats.

Of course, I think the GOP is totally going along with whatever Trump has up his sleeve. I notice the media spin NOW is that the party establishment is backing him with the NeverTrump's being rebellious dissenters.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

As if crime in the big cities isn't a problem right?

And guess who controls 99% of the high crime areas.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What a sore loser!

good for him...he's not putting up with trump's stupidity and arrogance...it will probably get him re-elected if he is not termed out.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

wealthy landowners who rent out the apartments, duplexes, and homes??

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What a sore loser!

Scandalous really, knowing that Ohio is a vital battleground State...in a dead heat at the moment in the Polls.

His refusal to support the Republican Nominee, as Ohio's Governor, is tantamount to endorsing Hillary Clinton - or at the very least sending a signal to unsure Republicans and Ohio Independents that he thinks Clinton would be a better POTUS.

He won only one State throughout the Primary - thought he was somehow going to be able to angle being named the Nominee at Convention - and just cannot seem to be able get it through his head that he is not "the one".
edit on 18-7-2016 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: xuenchen

wealthy landowners who rent out the apartments, duplexes, and homes??

Wrong.

Guess again.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Best moment so far:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join