It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Access to air base housing US nukes in Turkey blocked, power cut off

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Movement in and out of the Incirlik airbase in southern Turkey has been closed by local military authorities, according to the US consulate. The NATO base stores US tactical nuclear weapons.

RT source
CNN reporting airspace closed around Incirlik

Waiting to hear what the US has to say about this.
Turkey blaming the US??

Many pictures on twitter/liveleak of E's supporters beheading lynching the soldiers involved in the coup.
Graphic Images

edit on 11/01/2011 by BennyOj because: Added link to images.

edit on 11/01/2011 by BennyOj because: Added content

edit on 11/01/2011 by BennyOj because: (no reason given)

(post by DerBeobachter removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Looks like IS is getting a 'time out' from U.S. bombing....READ: regroup and reinforce.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BennyOj

Many pictures on twitter of E's supporters beheading lynching the soldiers involved in the coup.

yikes

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Both being part NATO isn't a thing anymore?

Can't say I support what Erdoğan and his "mob" is doing, But what can the US really do about this?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yep, will make a very good new member for the EU

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well...SOP would be to lock down the base access until the "dust settles".
Any movement by the US, in either direction or no direction at all would be misconstrued, period...and exploited.
Close the gates...reasonable and historical response in situations like this appears to be at this time.

Power cut, not a big deal for the base. Incirlik, (referred to as the 'Lik' if ome has been there) is a forward air staging area from the cold war era now FO for ME., takes up several square miles and is under constant re-development with US/NATO.
The base itself is not "just" a USAF base...that said it houses other branches in rotation w/o much advertizement.

Turkey receives a great deal of monies, billions are shot into thier economy each year...thier corrupt Parliamentary democracy funnels it to the tops on thier class...that is another thread.

IMO, Incirlik is in no way going to be over-run at this time.

mg

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Curious.

I thought tactical nukes were banned under the treatises with Russia.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Thanks for clearing that up for me 😊

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Can't say I support what Erdoğan and his "mob" is doing, But what can the US really do about this?

That our president wants to be besties with a right wing neocon clingin to his guns, and religion.

It takes foreign issues to see how full of snip American politics is.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I left out the part where IMO a staged coup by Erdogan.

He has been chipping away leading the country to Islamification for years. The secular constition, which has eroded, provides him one of the best militaries in the regoin, as they are duty bound to suppot the constitution, not as it is today...but creates a very large grey area now.

Removing judges, executing would be 'coup' leaders which seem to not be high level...justopened the door for a dictator. There will be more conflict soon.

mg

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This “coup” is looking more and more likely to have been a diversion.

For instance, I really don’t understand how the rebelling faction could have not foreseen civilians defying the curfew in such high numbers, that is essentially where they lost the battle. I also cannot understand why the President would tell the general population to take to the streets, thus potentially putting them in extreme danger, unless he knew that they would not be fired upon. So he either did indeed know this or else it was an extremely tactful and decisive move. This is why I think he knew about it all along. Also, since the Peace Council wanted to “restore democracy” then why, oh why would they bomb the parliament building?

Even last night I had serious concerns about this being a diversion which could facilitate an infiltration, be that centrally or at a base somewhere which houses major weapons. And now this, it almost confirms my suspicions.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Well its only going to get worse in Turkey, secular forces defending Ataturk law. But failed because Erdogan & turkey is now an Islamic state

Push Turkey out of NATO cut all ties with EU, let the
IMAFT deal with it.
It's clear the people want and Islamic state let them have it.

edit on 11/01/2011 by BennyOj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It's just not any kind of Islamic state.

It's the sunni flavor of Islam from where wahabbism,salafism comes from.

All ties should be cut off.

All US weapons destroyed.

Bases closed.

And end their relationship with NATO.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Wow... we have nukes in Turkey? What a terrible and stupid idea that was! There are nukes in Israel so for the love of god don't bring a nuke into any other Middle Eastern nation, ever!!!!
edit on 16-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

No, they lost the battle when they didn't capture and kill Erdogan and his 2nd, 3rd and 4th within the first hour of the coup attempt. That's when they lost the battle!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Go and try to derail a thread elsewhere, I only posted a quote from RT.
Never mentioned anything about no Nukes in the ME fool

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Contradictory informations in Germany.

Bundeswehr Operations Command says personnel can leave and enter the base at will.

Everyone is well. Base is running on emergency power. No active combat operations atm though.

*Update: Previous information was false. Incirlik is indeed on lockdown.
Turkish Government is now saying Incirlik Air Base was involved in failed coup!
**Apparently turkish putschist-forces arrested on site.
edit on 16-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

There were discussions to reduce them but in the meantime were are presently upgrading our arsenal of tactical nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neo96

There were discussions to reduce them but in the meantime were are presently upgrading our arsenal of tactical nuclear weapons.

TACTICAL NUKES.

The move would overturn a ten-year ban on such developments, and still has to be approved by the full House and Senate.

news.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join