It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MN COPS Cigarette Tax Stamps Tie Gangbanger Philando Castile To Convenience Store Robbery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is a speculative article that seems to have some possible evidence that the man (Philando Castile) killed in his car by police may have been involved in a robbery that has been part of the story so far.

Seems the video lady Lavish Reynolds was caught with cigarette packs that have some kind of tax stamp id that leads back to some cigs taken during the robbery.

Also something about the car too.

Speculative but possible?

BREAKING: MN COPS Newport Cigarette Tax Stamps Tie Gangbanger #PhilandoCastile To Convenience Store Robbery #FalconHeightsShootings

Minnesota police have told GotNews.com that the authorities linked Lavish Reynolds’s cigarettes to the scene of an armed robbery where the cigarettes were stolen.

GotNews.com’s police sources have confirmed that investigators have linked the cigarette tax stamps from a July 2nd robbery to the vehicle driven by Philando Castile and Lavish Reynolds.

Reynolds, who has since gone on a media tour, may have even been an accomplice.

“According to a press release from the St. Anthony Police Department, which contracts for police service in Lauderdale, the two robbed the Super USA store in the 2400 block of Larpenteur Avenue around 7:30 p.m., taking cash from the register and cartons of Newport cigarettes.”

Hmmm.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Every pack of cigarettes sold in that state has the exact same tax stamp on it. I don't believe this story. I'll go further and state that this article and, by posting it, the OP are trying to muddy the waters and smear this man's name.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I'll go further and state that this article and, by posting it, the OP are trying to muddy the waters and smear this man's name.

Exactly. If the characterization of the dead man as a "gangbanger" isn't enough the article calls the woman a "facebook addict". First, and last, time I'll visit that hate-fueled pseudo 'news cite'.

ETA: This is (agreeing with your take) hard to reconcile after reading your screen name/avatar "WeDemBoyz" as a Redskins season-ticket holder.
edit on 12-7-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Funny how when the truth starts coming out, the wings start falling off the angels.

Why can't they find a nice black lawyer or doctor that gets killed by a cop, why do they always pick gangbanger thugs as their poster boys to push the BLM agenda?
edit on 12-7-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Doesn't really have anything to do with his killing, does it?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is a speculative article...

Later!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Wrong.

MN cigarette tax stamps each have unique serial codes.
edit on 12-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

This article shows a sheet of MN tax stamps. If you zoom in you can see the serial numbers.

www.startribune.com...
edit on 12-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

How would that couple not match or resemble a description if there were witnesses or surveillance footage of them? Cops approach suspected armed robbers different than traffic tickets. Of course maybe they found the cigs on the sidewalk as they gave their kid a lovely stroller ride before making it inhale toxic smoke from blunts and cigs in that enclosed vehicle.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Wrong.

MN cigarette tax stamps each have unique serial codes.

I was just trying to find something official about that but failed miserably... could you explain how that works? Or even just point me in the right direction? It would be much appreciated!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
This is a speculative article...

Later!

This is a speculative forum.

What's your point?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It does to those who create threads like the OP, when trying to defend the killing of an "guilty till innocent" victim because they're a "gangbanger" and their girlfriends are narcissistic, self-involved "facebook addicts".

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Whether he robbed the store or not is immaterial to his killing. His behavior during the traffic stop is what has relevance to his killing. What he did three days before he was killed has no relevance to his killing.

That's why I'm not arguing about whether this justifies the traffic stop, reasonable suspicion, probable cause, or anything else. Those are completely different issues.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I added this link to my post above.

This is a news story that includes a photo of a sheet of MN cigarette tax stamps. If you zoom in you cans see unique serial numbers.

www.startribune.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Whether he robbed the store or not is immaterial to his killing. His behavior during the traffic stop is what has relevance to his killing. What he did three days before he was killed has no relevance to his killing.

That's why I'm not arguing about whether this justifies the traffic stop, reasonable suspicion, probable cause, or anything else. Those are completely different issues.

What?
Any cop that does a routine traffic stop then discovers a couple matching an apb they get briefed on each day would start to respond differently than an ordinary traffic stop. Suddenly reaching for an ID becomes deadly.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

And as of right now we don't know that he "suddenly reached for a wallet" do we?

Nor do we know that he "identified himself as a concealed carrier and had his hands on the wheel" do we?

I'm kinda sorta familiar with how one would approach a person one believes may have been involved in an armed robbery, though I do appreciate the info. I also appreciate your agreement, in that his "suddenly reaching for his wallet" would be behavior conducted during the traffic stop, and not the robbery several days before.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

This is a speculative forum.

No, that's Skunk Works. This, at best, is a speculative 'article'.

Posse Comitatus as laid out by SO:

1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA
2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world
3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions
4) Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States and the legalization of marijuana and its medically-proven benefits.
5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties
6) The incarceration society in the US and the overcrowded prisons and policies that keep them that way

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
why do we think the media plays a role in sensationalizing police shootings, this is why. its what we thrive on.

we love those stories as much as the media does. period. we add fuel to their ploy by circulating stuff like this.

why else would a speculative story and tax stamps which are on all packs sold be put forth as evidence. if they can make a discerning match to the ones which were stolen from the store then it is evidence.

both suspect [victim] and cop are innocent of any wrong doings until proven otherwise in a court of law. (even though only one can stand trial.)

edit on 12-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You are wrong. Those numbers are to identify the distributors.

Each pack of cigarettes is properly stamped in compliance with Minnesota law (the stamps must be completely intact and all 10 numbers legible to identify the distributor)

www.revenue.state.mn.us...

Subd. 4.Cigarette distributor. "Cigarette distributor" means any of the following: (1) a person engaged in the business of selling cigarettes in this state and who manufactures or who brings, or causes to be brought, into this state from outside the state any packages of cigarettes for sale to subjobbers or retailers; (2) a person engaged in the business outside this state who ships or transports cigarettes to retailers in this state, to be sold by those retailers; (3) a person who is on direct purchase from a cigarette manufacturer and applies cigarette stamps on at least 50 percent of cigarettes sold by that person.

www.revisor.mn.gov...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

This is a news story that includes a photo of a sheet of MN cigarette tax stamps. If you zoom in you cans see unique serial numbers.

Yes, you sure can -- thanks much!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I was typing that too, but then said, 'Nah." Glad you did.

<<   2 >>

join