It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Soap Causes Breast Cancer And Everyone Uses It Daily

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
GET HOLISTIC HEALTH

by Get Holistic Health

= = = = = = = = = = = = =
Original source:
www.mycentralhealth.com...
MyCentralHealth May 7, 2016 This Soap Causes Breast Cancer And Everyone Uses It Daily2016-05-08T09:49:23+00:00

WARNING: Study Reveals That Antibacterial Soap Causes Breast Cancer

[Video at this link]

. . .
Triclosan affects the endocrine system causing abnormal cellular growths. It is known that triclosan causes breast cancer.
“Although the doses of EDCs were somewhat high, we did this to simulate the effects of daily exposure, as well as body accumulation due to long-term exposure, simultaneously in animal experiments,” [bold in original]
Octylphenol increases growth bringing on impacts of triclosan
The group likewise distinguished another antibacterial substance, octylphenol, which displays comparative disease advancing impacts. Despite the fact that lesser known not, octylphenol was appeared to work in conjunction with triclosan to enhance the development and spread of growth cells, delineating the colossal risks connected with these pervasive chemicals.
“Studies have increasingly linked triclosan and its chemical cousin triclocarban, to a range of adverse health and environmental effects, from skin irritation, endocrine disruption, bacterial and compounded antibiotic resistance, to the contamination of water and its negative impact on fragile aquatic ecosystems,” explains Beyond Pesticides. [bold in original]
. . .
So what products contain triclosan?

MyCentralHealth May 7, 2016 This Soap Causes Breast Cancer And Everyone Uses It Daily2016-05-08T09:49:23+00:00

WARNING: Study Reveals That Antibacterial Soap Causes Breast Cancer

Most of us use soaps and see them as the best Way to protect from bacteria and germs. But are you aware that antibacterial soaps are loaded with chemicals which can make us sick.

Recent studies show that in many cosmetic products is present chemical called triclosan, exhibits cancer-promoting effects both in vitro and in vivo.

Study-Reveals-That-Antibacterial-Soap-Causes-Breast-Cancer

For their research, Kyung-Chul Choi and colleagues from Chungbuk National University and the Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology looked at triclosan in the context of how it affects the hormonal system. A known hormone-disruptor, triclosan has been shown in previous research to mimic the feminizing hormone estrogen, which in turn alters the normal production and expression of other hormones like testosterone.

Triclosan affects the endocrine system causing abnormal cellular growths. It is known that triclosan causes breast cancer.

“Although the doses of EDCs were somewhat high, we did this to simulate the effects of daily exposure, as well as body accumulation due to long-term exposure, simultaneously in animal experiments,”

Octylphenol increases growth bringing on impacts of triclosan

The group likewise distinguished another antibacterial substance, octylphenol, which displays comparative disease advancing impacts. Despite the fact that lesser known not, octylphenol was appeared to work in conjunction with triclosan to enhance the development and spread of growth cells, delineating the colossal risks connected with these pervasive chemicals.

“Studies have increasingly linked triclosan and its chemical cousin triclocarban, to a range of adverse health and environmental effects, from skin irritation, endocrine disruption, bacterial and compounded antibiotic resistance, to the contamination of water and its negative impact on fragile aquatic ecosystems,” explains Beyond Pesticides.

Shopper bunches like Beyond Pesticides and the Environmental Working Group (EWG) have been bringing issues to light about the perils of triclosan for a considerable length of time, highlighting its status as a known endocrine-disturbing synthetic (EDC) and pushing for its expulsion from individual consideration items. Be that as it may, numerous business items still contain it, which is the reason purchasers need to be careful.
So what products contain triclosan? [bold in original]
Due to public pressure, many major manufacturers have quietly begun reformulating their products without triclosan. Product formulations may change without notice. Below is a small sampling of products formulated with, or used to be formulated with triclosan and is not to be considered a comprehensive list. Remember to always refer to product labels to determine whether triclosan is contained in your product. Some retail outlets may still carry older formulations. Look out for labels that state: “antimicrobial protection.” Some antibacterial soaps may use triclosan’s cousin, triclocarban, in place of triclosan.
Soap: Dial® Liquid handsoap and bodywash; Tea Tree Therapy™ Liquid Soap; Clearasil® Daily Face Wash; Dermalogica® Skin Purifying Wipes; DermaKleen™ Antibacterial Lotion Soap; CVS Antibacterial Soap, Ajax Antibacterial Dishsoap, Ultra Concentrated Dawn Antibacterial Dishsoap, Kimcare Antibacterial Clear Soap, Bath and Body Works Antibacterial Hand Soaps, Gels and Foaming Sanitizers.
Dental Care: Colgate Total®; Breeze™ Daily Mouthwash; Reach® Antibacterial Toothbrush
. . .
= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

GET HOLISTIC HEALTH article:

www.getholistichealth.com...

. . .

Triclosan is known to be a causative factor for breast cancer as it adversely affects the endocrine system and as a result causes abnormal cellular formation.
Animal tests were carried out by the researchers and it was discovered that the EDCs were very high in both daily and long term exposure.
Octylphenol Is Equally Carcinogenic
It was also noticed that octylphenol a known antibacterial compound causes abnormal cellar growth as well.
With octylphenol and triclosan in a product they both combine to increase the growth of abnormal cells.
There has been numerous studies which has directly associated triclosan and triclocarban as causative agents for a host of ailments and health issues such as endocrine disruption, skin irritation, bacterial and compounded antibiotic resistance and so on.
There have been groups that have tried to inform people on the dangers of triclosan, such groups include Beyond Pesticides and the Environmental Working Group (EWG).
. . .
Read more at: www.getholistichealth.com...

Wellllllll I'm glad I don't use any of those products. I have used a fair amount of Dial hand soap. Will check the packaging. Haven't been using it for a while but I still have a stock of it.
I assume that some folks due to family history and other factors are more vulnerable to such product components than other people.
Nevertheless, given the study . . . it seems to me that it would be well worth finding other products without such chemicals. . . . i.e. for those wanting to live longer.
Some of the FIRST AID products were a surprise. Will have to check my AID kit for those.
The "Other products" category may also be important to check.
edit on 11/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Its not just soap that the suspect cancer causing Triclosan is found sadly

drbenkim.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

Thanks.

Which products do you think are the most important for people to be aware of?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I would, personally, want people to be aware of the content within Colgate Total®; Breeze™ Triclosan Mouthwash
* Reach® Antibacterial Toothbrush
* Janina Diamond Whitening Toothpaste, as well as the soaps
I do wish more people were informed about many of the hormone disruptors That are absorbed by us all on a daily basis the one that really disturbs me is Bisphenol-A (BPA) europe.newsweek.com... its everywhere and in the UK its used within our water supply pipes

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
this soap *can* cause cancer. otherwise , if it simply flat gave people cancer, we would all have breast cancer.

a lot of thing 'can' cause cancer.

but wasn't a study done not too long ago which dispelled a lot of myths about cancer, I think it was specifically lung cancer but its all similar biologically
edit on 11-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Anti bacterial in-sole . . .

Footwear may pose similar risks.

Better to buy naturally healthy locally made footwear. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
You wanna know what's crazy? I don't use it every day. In fact, I never use it. I use whatever we have but it's usually not Triclosan powered. We buy generic liquid soap that does not kill germs in any specific way (other than washing them away).

However, I would almost be willing to bet that the risk posed by Triclosan powered soap is about the same as breathing. I'll be 45 next year and did use that soap most of my life and I although I don't have boobs, I also don't have breast cancer.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If you are afraid of chemicals that cause....whatever....Don't use them.

It is known that the mechanical effect of rubbing one's hands together and / or the friction of using a washcloth does as much, if not more to remove unwanted "stuff".

Do the same as you would do with food, the less ingredients the better, and rub vigorously.

I used a washrag and no soap and swam in a river many times to clean myself when I was traveling on a bicycle cross country and seemed to stay cleaner for longer using that method than when showering with soap, it also worked out that the natural anti-insect properties of skin oils were left intact so I didn't need to use any insect repellent.

My tan was awesome.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Thanks.

Might need to check that.

Thankfully, my newer shoes don't need a supplemental insole.

Whatever happened to running around nude in Eden?

Oh, right. I remember . . .

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

As I understand it . . . amidst a myriad of factors . . . each individual carries their own level of predisposition or lack thereof toward cancer, or not.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Hmmmmmm

I used to skinny dip growing up in a major Western river . . . my tan was pretty intense by the end of the summer, too. LOL.

Must have been some interesting trips you took! Congrats.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You are probably too young to recall the hoopla in the dangers, benefits, dangers, benefits, dangers, and benefits...of the egg.

Everything according to someone can harm someone, somehow.

Pretty much, if it is born from chemicals, pass it by. Natural, untouched is best.

I make my own soap, toothpaste, hygenic products and yet I fall victim to the ravages of modern medicinal aides.

I will stick with natural whenever possible.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

we shouldn't be using antibacterial soaps anyway.... they kill most of the bacteria except for some hardy ones...repeated exposure and they become immune,,,then you end up with super resistant bacteria that cannot be treated

join