It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World is a FAR better place than we give it credit for

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Why the World Is Better Than You Think in 10 Powerful Charts

We wake up everyday and absorb the news. Everyone is starving, violence and racism are rampant, crime is at an all time high, everyone is dumber today than they were 100 years ago, everyone is being poisoned, so forth and so on..

In the midst of the chaos the media spoon feeds us for the sake of elitist agendas we get so lost in the fear that we don't always take a good look around.

Sometimes we believe the world is coming down around our ears. But it really isn't. At least not yet. Maybe we should focus our energies into making this even better.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So true. Well said.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
True OP our world isn't falling apart just yet.

I do agree we should least try to make this a better place for all to live,, wouldn't be perfect but more tolerable.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Nice Thread. In this life we make a choice, it's hard but staying postive and giving out good energy show love to the crazy world. We are human and Negative energy can see in. We can block this by keeping a positive outlook in life and by loving.

Thank you for this, you are on the postive side!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
And when we have a new world order there wont be war between countries as there wont be countries, and as the individuals will be forced to study what the government wants, and eats just their designated rations, and wont have guns or mind altering substance we will be all better educated, healthier and safer than now, also as there will be population control people wont have to compete for jobs or anything, it will be perfect

(I just want to have a positive attitude too
)

But seriously, since at least the first century when someone wrote revelations many people have believed to be living in the end times, and we are still here, at least we don't have the black death now, so that's a plus no?
edit on 10-7-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

And donuts are healthier than crystal meth.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This post is a complete attempt to repress reality. You want to believe everything is getting better. Sure some things are good. But most are bad. Humans suck. This isn't a fairy tale world. Accept the reality so you can make a true positive change. While some things are more "positive" and doing "better," the evil that is rampant in the world trumps any good happening. This doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to make it a better world. In fact it gives us fuel to make it a better world. Otherwise if we're in denial and pretend like everything is fine, we'll sit back and ignore the problems and Selfishly in our own pathetic boring worlds not caring about anyone or thing but ourselves. But if you want to live like that, it's your shallow choice. reply to: projectvxn

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah the world is freaking awesome!

Its people that freaking suck!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

Yes because I'm blind to the troubles of our world.

I live here too you know. I just think that if you spend all you time focusing on what's bad your world gets dark.

To a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Put down the hammer.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Thats why I carry a screwdriver!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I believe there's definitely a conspiracy to make us think otherwise.
edit on 10-7-2016 by sophie87 because: changed 'to think' to 'make us think'

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I'm guessing abortion has something to do with several of those stats.

I wonder if they account for that or if they're just turning a blind eye to it?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The world indeed is pretty awesome, despite all the fear mongering and negative media.

Everyone needs a to get in on this new jammy String Cheese joint...and spread some positive vibes:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Just a few things that have gotten better since 1962

- Food – There is more of it, it tastes better, and there is more variety.
- Cars – safer, faster, more agile, better fuel economy, and more options
- Health/Medicine – say no more
- Travel – much easier and available to all. When I was in 2nd grade I was the only kid to have flown on a plane
- Communication – worldwide and cheap
- Technology – who had a computer in their home/hand in 1962?
- Science – despite some setbacks, we know much more about the universe then before
- Society – say what you want, but when I was a kid the “N” word was used on TV as I watched US blacks get dogs put on them, beaten, and maced down south. Gays were put in jail. Women were beaten by their husbands with no recourse to the law. Politicians got shot for voicing their opions.
- Guns – much more variety and reliablity

Not everything has gotten better, but overall, I would not want to go back to 1962

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCretinHop
This post is a complete attempt to repress reality. You want to believe everything is getting better. Sure some things are good. But most are bad. Humans suck. This isn't a fairy tale world. Accept the reality so you can make a true positive change. While some things are more "positive" and doing "better," the evil that is rampant in the world trumps any good happening. This doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to make it a better world. In fact it gives us fuel to make it a better world. Otherwise if we're in denial and pretend like everything is fine, we'll sit back and ignore the problems and Selfishly in our own pathetic boring worlds not caring about anyone or thing but ourselves. But if you want to live like that, it's your shallow choice. reply to: projectvxn

Isn't it depressing going through life so scared all the time?
edit on 11-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I just saw Cheese this past weekend!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I just saw Cheese this past weekend!

Saw them up here years ago two nights in a row. I was lucky enough to know what they looked like and before the shows got to meet/hang out with all of the members. Got them to sign my ticket
Depending on the venue, they like to walk around and mill among the people.

I have to say Michael Kang was actually really cool. I'd always kind of assumed he'd be arrogant or something because he sings, plays violin AND mandolin. Nope, he was really cool and signed my ticket too.

Actually, Michael Travis (drummer) was cool too now that I think about it. We got to talking and my friend and I were supposed to go to a show that Michael's side-project band "Zilla" was throwing in a few weeks.

We got there, walked around the sleepy town and no one knew anything. I guess his band got stuck because of a washed out road and never made it into town to setup for the small gig.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That's a cool story. I've never met them and I'm glad to hear that about Kang too. I thought the same thing too. Billie Nershi is always so goofy on stage, but Michael always looks so serious. So I was wondering the same thing, but then again it makes sense. Cheese-heads are some really cool and nice people and you have to be a pretty laid back band to attract a scene like that.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I agree. Event the advances we have made in medicine which get minimalized by some mean our life expectancy is now in the 70-80 year range as opposed to 'died in childbirth'.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's actually the opposite. Billy was kind of stand-offish. He might have been shy though. He just wasn't as personable as the other members. He was kind of reluctant to talk or sign my ticket.

In the end it was kind of a duplicate thing. The place that held the shows does a lot of live music, and they always have a poster made for each show. At the SCI concert they had some of the concert posters signed by all the band members with silver paint pens on a first come/first serve basis. I managed to snag one of the few copies...it's a pretty cool poster:

I have mine matted and framed professionally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join