It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought I Had Bed Bugs....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So, about a month ago, I was waking up with mosquito bites on the back of my legs. Every day more and more. Didn't have a screen in one window, so I got one. Couple of weeks went by, the bites continued.

Then the internet searches started. All the info and pictures I found pointed to bed bugs. I was utterly skeeved out. Tore my bed apart, looked in all the cracks and crevasses to no avail. No sign of bed bugs, no spots on the sheets.

After several sleepless nights, and continuing bites, I did a google search for "bites not bed bugs" and found out about the carpet beetle. While the beetle does not bite, its larvae has many tiny hairs that can penetrate the skin, and you guessed it, the "bites" can look like and are often mistaken for bed bug bites.

After seeing the images of the beetle, I recall seeing three or four of them in my bedroom during some spring cleaning. I didn't think much of them at the time, but they had apparently been in a pair of shorts I wear in the evening. So every night as I sat, little hairs were sticking into my backside!!

Some people have actually been institutionalized, claiming bugs were biting them when there were no bugs, and is now believed that the carpet beetle larvae were the cause.

Super relieved, and hopefully this can help someone with a similar problem.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
OMG, ewww!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempor

Ewww is right. Welcome. Here is your first star!!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed
Nasty. Do you have pics of what they look like?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Not as handy as google does.... I think there are 4 kinds. The ones I saw were 1/4 inch long, black with a brown stripe across their back.

www.ipm.iastate.edu...

Actually, this is a larder beetle I saw....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Had bed bugs for a year, Ended up on psych hold multiple times. botched suicide attempts, Finally my psychologist forced me to abandon everything i owned and move. Best thing i ever did.

At first you think, ahh, it's just a couple bugs. But they are relentless! I was going on 4 hours of sleep a week, and that was at a computer desk with my feet off the floor, i even tried sleeping in the tub.

They literally drove me mad, and im grateful every day that i don't have them any more.

This was the worst experience of my life. I still have nightmares once or twice a week. Every spec or bug bite i see i panic.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Tjoran because: Errors

Edit: When i first started getting bit, i also thought they were those beetles OP. Boy was i wrong. Make sure you look everywhere, including backpacks, closets, nightstands etc. They don't strictly stay in the bed.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I had sort of the same problem last month with mosquito bites. And then I had an ant infestation too at the same time. So when I went to Walmart and was looking at the lawn and garden section for ant killer I ran across this.

Electronic pest repeller.

Also bought the ultrasonic pest repeller as a 2nd line of offense as well.

Ultrasonic pest repeller.

Seems to be working. Ants are gone. Anybody else have good luck with Electronic pest repellers?
edit on 10-7-2016 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed
I just saw one of those today. Luckily it was outside.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Bugs are a myth created by the NWO, same with time zones.

new topics

top topics

join