It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Me Know When All Lives Matter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am against murder and violence against my fellow human beings.

I don't care who you are, but you have a right to security of your person and property.

Now, it is 'racist' to say all lives matter. Well, too bad because that doesn't work for me and what I believe. I don't want to see anyone harmed or killed. I don't want wars. I want everyone to be able to live in peace.

So, call me when all lives matter. Until then we aren't on the same team.

I won't have discussions in the context of race because we are all the human race. So, until all lives matter and we drop race from the conversation I am not engaging on any of these topics.

Because the BS 'race' thing is a construct of the Government and other manipulative people and organization.

Anyway, let me know when the discussion is about ending violence against people because when that happens I will be back at the table.

Peace and freedom to all.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Very true.

The individual human being, her life, her body, her being, transcends whatever group she is abstractly placed within. When it matters, for instance in a foxhole, or in times of natural disaster, race has no consequence when we are left to rely on our common humanity. All lives do matter, and until that is realized, life does not matter.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

No lives matter.

Only pre-approved ideologies.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

All lives matter, just not to everyone.

Sadly, I fear you will never get your call.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Awesome post bro, couldn't have said it better.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Well said, Metallicus. All lives DO matter. However, saying Black Lives Matter is in no way saying that other lives DON'T matter. The statement is mean to put Blacks on an even footing with everyone else. Remember that Blacks weren't even considered to be a full 100% of a person at one time. Maybe the BLM movement just has bad timing.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Why do black folk have a BLM movement Metallicus?.
Can you give me your own opinion why you think they feel the need to have it?. svp.
Oh and to point out you are bang on all lives matter.
edit on 9-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Well said, Metallicus. All lives DO matter. However, saying Black Lives Matter is in no way saying that other lives DON'T matter. The statement is mean to put Blacks on an even footing with everyone else. Remember that Blacks weren't even considered to be a full 100% of a person at one time. Maybe the BLM movement just has bad timing.

That related to voting over 100 years ago. Isn't it time to stop touting that BS?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

All lives matter, just not to everyone.

Sadly, I fear you will never get your call.

That is the crux of the issue.

No matter how much we want a world where peace prevails there are those who have their reasons to watch it burn.

The only legitimate use of violence is in self defense. Such a concept could not exist without those who value no other life but their own.

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Let me just share with you a point made in relation to those waving the 'all lives matter' banner around as a counter to the BLM:

My personal interpretation of Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter. Bob is sitting at the dinner table. Everyone else gets a plate of food except Bob. Bob says, ‘Bob Deserves Food’. Everyone at the table responds ‘Everyone Deserves Food’ and continues eating. All though Everyone Deserves Food is a true statement, it does nothing to rectify the fact that BOB HAS NO FOOD!!”

www.theodysseyonline.com...

Yes, all lives do matter and we should all be treated fairly under the law. However to use this as a reason to ignore or dismiss the very unfortunate reality out there that blacks are treated more so unfairly by law enforcement compared to other groups is, well, low. It's not much unlike somebody saying 'I'm not a racist but' or 'I have a black friend' and we've all heard that one before. If you want to deny that law enforcement brutality, injustices, affect blacks disproportionately then fine, come up with your facts... not straw man.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
wasnt there this afroamerican lady fom BLM who stated that "alllivesmatter" was racist?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'd like to see an "all lives matter" protest, vigil, or whatever. I'd like to see all the folks who snap back with "all lives matter" go to a rally or march under the guise of "all lives matter".

Anyone who uses "all lives matter" been to one? Heard of one?

I haven't seen on yet...?
edit on 9-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

It just highlights the division in society doesn't it?.
It should be all lives matter you all should be protesting.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Urch really? You know the out of Africa thing is a lie invented by nato and implemented by your government to end racism and it obviously doesn't work, does it?
Hate to tell you but if you put an african, next to an Asian next to an Arab next to a Caucasian you can clearly see who's what. It's just absurd and part of the racism problem to demand from people they should ignore the obvious and follow a lie that will only lead to more hate.

Don't get me wrong, all lives matter, I believe everybody should get treated equally, have equal opportunities and all that, but there really are a few things which set us apart.
Like f.e. when was the last time a white guy won against a black guy in 200m sprint at the Olympics?
Now you may bash me...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Let Me Know

shame on you Metallicus, you should know better

+38 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

This is what I picture when I hear "all lives matter".

It's never said unless it's as a response to "black lives matter". Of course all lives matter and I don't honestly believe any of you are stupid enough to think that saying "black lives matter" is a negation of that sentiment.

I know it's not conservatively correct to say this but it's true. BLACK LIVES MATTER. Why is that so hard to acknowledge in the context of police killings?

I heard a great parable about this (paraphrased from a crap memory):

Several people are sitting at the table, eating food. Except for Bob, who has no food. Bob's friend says "Bob's plate needs food" and the jackasses all reply with "ALL of our plates need food".

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Couldn't agree with you more and perhaps its time to stop classifying people and turning them all into equal citizens and just publishing the figure and start to treat these killings as murder and improve our actions of catching murderers. The racial card is expensive and doesn't in every individual case apply because random killings for a variety of reasons happen also.

With so many unemployed idle minds can find anything to cling to to blame for their circumstances and funding needs to be put in place to deal with our unemployment problems (many of which are due to technology) and help people to improve their lives holistically as well as just back to non-existent or part-time silly jobs meant for students.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

It's never said unless it's as a response to "black lives matter". Of course all lives matter and I don't honestly believe any of you are stupid enough to think that saying "black lives matter" is a negation of that sentiment.

I know it's not conservatively correct to say this but it's true. BLACK LIVES MATTER. Why is that so hard to acknowledge in the context of police killings?

Several people are sitting at the table, eating food. Except for Bob, who has no food. Bob's friend says "Bob's plate needs food" and the jackasses all reply with "ALL of our plates need food".

I get what you're saying, but those who are chanting 'black lives matter' the loudest, are adamantly promoting the negation of the fact that all live matter and at that point it's nothing but supremacist rhetoric... and that's the hopeless, pointless and poisonous paradox of racism.
edit on 9-7-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: Abysha

I get what you're saying, but those who are chanting 'black lives matter' the loudest, are adamantly promoting the negation of the fact that all live matter and at that point it's nothing but supremacist rhetoric... and that's the hopeless, pointless and poisonous paradox of racism.

So if you say it louder, it cancels out the rest?

I don't care how loud I scream "save the cats", it will never mean I hate dogs. If I am in a neighborhood with an epidemic of kids throwing cats into wood chippers and I start a campaign to "save the cats", what kind of people are going to respond with "save ALL the animals"? The super lame kind, that's who.

These "all lives matter" people not only make me sad but they are boring. Unimaginative, myopic, and utterly... boring. They are the rich kids going to a poor kid's birthday party and complain about the attention the kid is getting instead of them, saying "ALL birthdays matter". Sure they do, but not in the context of it being that kid's birthday... in that context that kid's birthday is the only birthday that matters.

I can't abide by a logic set that can't see their own advantages, their own selfishness. You can turn off the computer and not have to think about this yet the people who this affects cannot. So no, in that context, your life doesn't matter because your life isn't even involved in that particular equation.

If it did, you would have organized an "all lives matter" movement long ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I agree with this so much. I can't really be bothered about the rascist connotation of "All Lives Matter," but I also can't be bothered to care enough about what's going on in our society at the moment to be involved so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join