It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Noah’s Ark Attraction In Kentucky Features Caged Dinosaurs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Giant Noah’s Ark Attraction In Kentucky Features Caged Dinosaurs

This is so stupid it's hilarious. So Ken Ham the Creationist loon and his Giant Ark exhibit has decided that dinosaurs were on the ark.

The new Ark Encounter tourist attraction in Kentucky wants you to think that dinosaurs were practically pets just a few thousand years ago.

While scientists agree that dinosaurs died out some 65 million years ago during the K-T mass extinction, Ark Encounter creator Ken Ham believes the planet is only around 6,000 years old. Thus, man and dinosaurs lived together... maybe like in the Flintstones.

The Noah’s Ark he built in Williamstown features exhibits showing dinosaurs peacefully living in cages aboard the ship:

Lol. I wonder if Mr. Ham knows that dinosaurs are HUGE and many wouldn't fit on the ark. Plus there are notables like the T-Rex. How did he go about containing them? Cages (I notice that these cages in the picture had wooden bars, lol)? Also, how were these enormous animals fed exactly? Here's Ham's explanation:

“Although there are about 668 names of dinosaurs, there are perhaps only 55 different ‘kinds’ of dinosaurs. Furthermore, not all dinosaurs were huge like the brachiosaurus, and even those dinosaurs on the Ark were probably ‘teenagers’ or young adults.”

What is a "kind" exactly and how is Ham defining it? Oh it gets better guys.

Along with dinosaurs, NPR reported that there were other eyebrow-raising “animals” on display, including unicorns.

Ok now we are just being silly. Unicorns didn't even exist... Of course that isn't stopping the dupes from paying money to go and visit this affront to knowledge and terrestrial history.

Rachael Cross, who visited with her five children, told CBS News that the Ark shows actual history.

“The truth. The absolute truth,” Cross told the network. “God’s word is the Bible and it’s the absolute truth. I totally believe that.”

Sigh...
edit on 7-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Anyone who visits this thing more than once should be on a watch-list for the dangerously retarded.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I'm not sure what I'm more depressed about, the existence of this "museum" or the fact that people pay money to go visit it and believe it as truth...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

For me, it's that he built it (partially) with Federal grant money.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Only 3 days late on the current news

Search function, it's up on the left

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That's just the attention to detail I'd expect from creationists.

link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Anyone who visits this thing more than once should be on a watch-list for the dangerously retarded.

That's amazing, I would have thought anyone who believed in a Big Bang from nothing, that life came from space dust and space water would be considered brain dead and on life support

edit on 7-7-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Ok now we are just being silly. Unicorns didn't even exist

Ever wondered if God gave orders to Lucifer to make his slaves construct this place ?

Then after construction its easy for God to weed out people that would exploit this show (trap) to know who He doesn't have to save from the coming 7 Year Tribulation when Hiliary goes nuclear on planet Earth ?

Your comment walked right into His trap after He ordered Lucifer to build this museum, hook, line and sinker.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There but for Grace (or happenstance) go I. In other words any of us here might have grown up indoctrinated in such a way and any of us might be scared of hellfire if we deviated from the "truth" we'd been told. It is easy to judge people when we haven't really walked in their shoes.

I agree that this is looney, of course, but it is from the privilege of education.

So sad.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No one believes that.

Pick up a book on physics written after 1941. Turn to the chapter titled: "Inflation."

You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So where are the "Dinosaurs", today? Oh, they were really birds and reptiles. People that made them into "Terrible Lizards" a hundred years ago, didn't know squat either.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This story makes me grin :>) oh and ....

Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

No one believes that.

Pick up a book on physics written after 1941. Turn to the chapter titled: "Inflation."

You're welcome.

Really
NOBODY believes that
Are you sure, not telling a porky pie are you
You know what everyone believes

Big Bang no evidence
Life from nothing no evidence
And I an called retarded

You are lost in your own petulance

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

For me, it's that he built it (partially) with Federal grant money.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that... That is a huge bummer.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

So this is a work of Lucifer now? That's funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

No one believes that.

You're welcome.

Really
NOBODY believes that
Are you sure, not telling a porky pie are you
You know what everyone believes

Big Bang no evidence
Life from nothing no evidence
And I an called retarded

You are lost in your own petulance

Just because you say these things, doesn't make it true.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I don't waste a lot of time worrying about people who don't count.

I spend my time with educated people who are actually up on the latest theories. I don't bother much with people who create straw men out of what was state-of-the-art in the 1950's.

Further -- I don't have a problem with religious belief. I have a problem with willful ignorance. Building Dinosaur pens on a model of a stone-age cruise ship is definitely the latter.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Just because you say these things doesn't make it true

Neener neener

Childish isn't it

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You are the one being childish here. Not me. Making grandiose statements without backing evidence, childish comebacks, no sources, etc.

Plus it is practically trolling to say there is no evidence for big bang or any other scientific idea, because that statement is simply not true. There IS evidence. Whether you want to accept it or not is a different story, but pretending like it doesn't exist is the definition of childish.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lol. I wonder if Mr. Ham knows that dinosaurs are HUGE and many wouldn't fit on the ark. Plus there are notables like the T-Rex. How did he go about containing them? Cages (I notice that these cages in the picture had wooden bars, lol)? Also, how were these enormous animals fed exactly? Here's Ham's explanation:

“Although there are about 668 names of dinosaurs, there are perhaps only 55 different ‘kinds’ of dinosaurs. Furthermore, not all dinosaurs were huge like the brachiosaurus, and even those dinosaurs on the Ark were probably ‘teenagers’ or young adults.”

Maybe it was the flood that killed the dinosaurs that didn't make the Ark, but I can't figure out what killed them after the flood if they survived it on the Ark. Oh wait, he said they were babies, so maybe they had to be eliminated when they grew up because they got unruly and started acting like dinosaurs. Well, it's a nice story anyways.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join