It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May The Censored Telegraph Article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

In the run-up to the 2015 election, one of the handicaps David Cameron had to finesse was the fact that net migration to the UK was three times as high as he had promised it would be. Remarkably, none of the opprobrium this failure provoked brought forth the name of Theresa May, the cabinet minister actually entrusted with bringing migration down. Then, as now, it was as if the icy Home Secretary had a dark magic that warded off all critical scrutiny.

The fact that her lead role in this fiasco went unnoticed and unmentioned likely reflects Mrs May’s brilliant, all-consuming efforts to burnish her image with a view to become prime minister.

After all, Mrs May’s tenure as Home Secretary has been little better than disastrous – a succession of derelictions that has left Britain’s borders and coastline at least as insecure as they were in 2010, and which mean that British governments still rely on guesswork to estimate how many people enter and leave the country.

People find this hard to credit because she exudes determination and strength. Compared to many of her bland, flabby cabinet colleagues, she has real gravitas. And few who follow British politics would deny that she is a deadly political infighter. Indeed Theresa May is to Westminster what Cersei Lannister is to Westeros in Game of Thrones: no one who challenges her survives undamaged, while the welfare of the realm is of secondary concern.

Take the demoralised, underfunded UK Border Force. As the public discovered after a people-smugglers’ vessel ran aground in May, it has has only three cutters protecting 7,700 miles of coastline. Italy by contrast has 600 boats patrolling its 4722 miles.

Considering the impression Mrs May gives of being serious about security, it’s all the more astonishing that she has also allowed the UK’s small airfields to go unpatrolled – despite the vastly increased terrorist threat of the last few years, the onset of the migration crisis, and the emergence of smuggling networks that traffic people, drugs and arms.

Then there is the failure to establish exit checks at all the country’s airports and ports. These were supposed to be in place by March 2015.

Unfortunately the Border Force isn’t the only organisation under Mrs May’s control that is manifestly unfit for purpose. Recent years have seen a cavalcade of Home Office decisions about visas and deportations that suggest a department with a bizarre sense of the national interest.

The most infamous was the refusal of visas to Afghan interpreters who served with the British forces in Afghanistan – as Lord Guthrie said, a national shame.

Mrs May has kept so quiet about this and other scandals – such as the collapse of the eBorders IT system, at cost of almost a billion pounds – that you might imagine someone else was in charge the Home Office.

[It’s not just a matter of the odd error. Yvette Cooper pointed out in 2013 that despite Coalition rhetoric, the number of people refused entry to the UK had dropped by 50 per cent, the backlog of finding failed asylum seekers had gone up and the number of illegal immigrants deported had gone down.]

The reputation for effectiveness that Mrs May nevertheless enjoys derives from a single, endlessly cited event: the occasion in 2014 when she delivered some harsh truths to a conference of the Police Federation.

Unfortunately this was an isolated incident that, given the lack of any subsequent (or previous) effort at police reform, seems to have been intended mainly for public consumption.

In general Mrs May has avoided taking on the most serious institutional problems that afflict British policing. These include a disturbing willingness by some forces to let public relations concerns determine policing priorities, widespread overreliance on CCTV, the widespread propensity to massage crime numbers, the extreme risk aversion manifested during the London riots, and the preference for diverting police resources to patrol social media rather than the country’s streets.

There is also little evidence that Mrs May has paid much attention to the failure of several forces to protect vulnerable girls from the ethnically-motivated sexual predation seen in Rotherham and elsewhere. Nor, despite her supposed feminism, has Mrs May’s done much to ensure that girls from certain ethnic groups are protected from forced marriage and genital mutilation. But again, Mrs May has managed to evade criticism for this.

When considering her suitability for party leadership, it’s also worth remembering Mrs May’s notorious “lack of collegiality”.

David Laws’ memoirs paint a vivid picture of a secretive, rigid, controlling, even vengeful minister, so unpleasant to colleagues that a dread of meetings with her was something that cabinet members from both parties could bond over.

Unsurprisingly, Mrs May’s overwhelming concern with taking credit and deflecting blame made for a difficult working relationship with her department, just as her propensity for briefing the press against cabinet colleagues made her its most disliked member in two successive governments.

It is possible that Mrs May’s intimidating ruthlessness could make her the right person to negotiate with EU leaders. However, there’s little in her record to suggest she possesses either strong negotiation skills or the ability to win allies among other leaders, unlike Michael Gove, of whom David Laws wrote “it was possible to disagree with him but impossible to dislike him,”

It’s surely about time – and not too late – for conservatives to look behind Mrs May’s carefully-wrought image and consider if she really is the right person to lead the party and the country.

There’s a vast gulf between being effective in office, and being effective at promoting yourself; it’s not one that Theresa May has yet crossed.

This bit I find of particular interest.

. . . no one who challenges her survives undamaged . . .

The chairman of the Police Federation challenged her, then died.
www.theguardian.com...

Tully said his colleague's death had come as a shock to everyone. "He led the federation through perhaps the most demanding time in history and was within two weeks of retirement."

When McKeever announced last summer his intention to retire, he acknowledged the fight ahead that the federation faced.

"I cannot stay within a service that is having the office of constable attacked, police officers denigrated and public safety put at risk. I will be able to fight freely outside the service; I may be retiring but I will not stop fighting for what is right and for public safety," he said.

She's an interesting lady.
edit on 3 7 2016 by Kester because: remove murder accusation

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
She is our Hilary Clinton isn't she...
If she gets in I will help vote her out.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Dark forces move around such people, even if they intend good they can be twisted by those forces and seldom escape this fate, is she evil or good I do not know but as she is a Tory I hedge on the not nice side of the fence as far as I am concerned but as a person?.

As for the police federation, well everyone know's the police were having a ball and were and still are a nest of corruption and she was sticking it to them so had more backing even from Labour voter's than you may think on her police curbing policy's, however we do still need our police and if she has reduced them so that they are not effective at crime prevention then they are neither use nore ornament and that is her fault, yes they needed a serious purge and bringing back down to the ground to realise they are public servant's not public masters but is such drastic budget cutting really the answer and if she did that to the police whom have always been staunchly Tory then what will she do the NHS if she becomes prime minister god forbid.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Theresa May is inept, totally incapable of delivering anything she will promise. However, what politician has? Blair and his WMD's, Brown and his "Green Shoots", Cameron and his "Refer......, oh hang n a minute."

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Surprised the article didn't mention the Snoopers charter as well.

I personally can't stand her. She has her own agenda and sadly with the disarray the parties are in at the moment I reckon she'll get in as PM. Also noticed she has promised not to call for a general election if she gets in. Seems to me like an act of self preservation if she does. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
She has honed the art of keeping head below the parapet, and passing the

buck regarding her ineffectiveness in getting things done.

I am wondering who she will blame, for the immigration fiasco now that we

are out of the EU ...

Oh yes she has that covered - she intends promoting herself to PM and

passing on the job of immigration to someone else! I wonder WHO she has

in mind.

I couldn't help likening her performance in the run up to the referendum to

that of Jeremy Corbyn .... proactive inactivism

I think Andrea Ledsome could be the *new broom* that sweeps clean

I saw a recent article about world *power holders* with the photographs

underneath of Angela Merkel - Hillary Clinton and Teresa May ...Chilling
edit on 3-7-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Don't ya'll have any real 007s to take out your bad people anymore? I am so disappointed.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

If they do, perhaps they could lend some across the pond.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Perfectly written and 100% accurate. The woman signals nothing but danger...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

She has honed the art of keeping head below the parapet, and passing the buck regarding her ineffectiveness in getting things done. I am wondering who she will blame, for the immigration fiasco now that we are out of the EU ...

Well for a start we are not quite yet out of the EU also with EU policy nearly 27 countries worth of peoples can come and go as they so please so of course the immigration numbers would be up, you would have to have been a magician to lower them.
When we are out our numbers will become managable and not until.. I would expect some Europeans to have been put off and will not now come and others who are here already will move back home. You need someone who the other politicians will respect and they seem to respect Theresa even with all the slurring on here and from the telegraph. She is a Big favorite but then the odds were for us to stay in the EU..

Although just listened to Andrea Leadsom's push for the PM position and she for sure talks the talk of a great future leader. She has it by the bucketload. ( Not this talk below but this will do )

edit on 4 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added more

edit on 4 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added You Tube

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Well for a start we are not quite yet out of the EU also with EU policy nearly 27 countries worth of peoples can come and go as they so please so of course the immigration numbers would be up, you would have to have been a magician to lower them.

HER CLAIM!!?

So she made claims she knew she couldn't fulfill?

Doesn't bode well for her integrity?

Are we now supposed to believe her current machinations in the efforts

of her ambition to lead the country as PM?

Although just listened to Andrea Leadsom's push for the PM position and she for sure talks the talk of a great future leader. She has it by the bucketload. ( Not this talk below but this will do )

I said that when she was in the head to head debate surported by Boris Johnson,

and labor MP Gisela Stuart.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
May is rotten, right down to her black, cancerous soul.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes I like Gisela Stuart her and Andrea would make a supreme team. If only she was a caring Tory like Mrs Leadsom seems to be..

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
She thinks that paedos should be allowed to adopt children. What a vile horrible sack of s*it.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Gin

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

Article headline is barking at the wrong tree. From what I understood it's Helen Reece who spewed all this pro-pedophile stuff and urged Theresa May to do something about it. A bit sad from Telegraph to play on words.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Voting out for the new Leader/PM.

Theresa May 165

Andrea Leadsom 66

Michael Gove 48

Stephen Crabb 34

Liam Fox 16 ( now Eliminated )

Next round on Thursday..

Looking like May will be in the Final two for election by the Conservative party members..

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

My fate is sealed.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
seen as everyone that voted leave put the country in this position and, they all now claim it was for democracy rather than kicking foreigners out.
how do you feel now that we will have an undemocratically appointed leader for the next four years?
as for may, she is the best of a bad bunch.
her ability not to answer questions is always popular with tories, she scrapped id cards but bought in the snoopers charter, scrapped 'go orders' protecting victims from abusers, closed the contactpoint database holding child abusers names, sat on yewtree for years, since 2011 has wanted to scrap the human rights act, oversaw record numbers of migrants into the uk but did sign a deal with saudi arabia over security.
awesome.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

She is our slave and will obey us.

top topics

join