It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien cover up': Nearly 2,000 UFOs tracked by radar system but details suppressed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Subtitle:
RADAR operatives patrolling the skies over the US and Canada track an average of 1,800 UFOS every five years it has emerged.
By Jon Austin 1 JULY 2016

www.express.co.uk...

That equates to around 360 UFOs officially tracked by radar each year.
And as many as 75 - 15 EACH YEAR - have been intercepted as a result, according to information released by the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD).
. . .
Candian UFO expert Victor Viggiani requested information on the tracking and intercepting of UFOs by NORAD after obtaining secret documents which detailed a case of jets being scramble to "three UFOs".
. . .

I think that this may be another bit of incremental disclosure. We will see.
I wonder how many naysayers will respect this info at all.
I think it is fairly straightforward and official.
That many radar trackings are highly unlikely to be "swamp gas!!!" LOL.
However, I do NOT underestimate the capacity of naysayers to think up new rationalizations to trash whatever evidence.
But I am curious what the fair-minded skeptics will think of this info.

edit on 2/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
Subtitle:
RADAR operatives patrolling the skies over the US and Canada track an average of 1,800 UFOS every five years it has emerged.
By Jon Austin 1 JULY 2016

www.express.co.uk...

That equates to around 360 UFOs officially tracked by radar each year.
And as many as 75 - 15 EACH YEAR - have been intercepted as a result, according to information released by the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD).
. . .
Candian UFO expert Victor Viggiani requested information on the tracking and intercepting of UFOs by NORAD after obtaining secret documents which detailed a case of jets being scramble to "three UFOs".
. . .

I think that this may be another bit of incremental disclosure. We will see.
I wonder how many naysayers will respect this info at all.
I think it is fairly straightforward and official.
However, I do NOT underestimate the capacity of naysayers to think up new rationalizations to trash whatever evidence.
But I am curious what the ['u]fair-minded skeptics will think of this info.

Really..... You post something and then demonize any rational thought. Whatever.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Can I be the first one to come and say Daily Express...ergo fake and a lie? Can I?

edit on 2-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: cos

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Can I be the first one to come and say Daily Express...ergo fake and a lie? Can I?

Sure. It's your turn. Nobody is saying they are fake. It's just that tracking an unknown object does not equate to aliens. They're just unknown objects. The only real mystery here is why people insist on invoking "aliens" every time something unknown appears in the sky. And in terms of being paragons of journalistic integrity, the Express rates right up there with the National Inquirer.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

A UFO is a UFO. An object, unidentified, that is flying.

A UFO does not automatically mean "awiens."

I don't know how this can be construed as incremental disclosure. Somebody got around to asking a question, and the question was answered. Doesn't appear anybody made much of an effort to hide this information, they just didn't post it on Facebook.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

UFOs are literally any flying object that is unidentified. A flock of birds can show up on radar as a bigger, solid object. Until someone identifies the object as a flock of birds, it's unidentified.

Also, from your link....

Intercepts are when NORAD scrambles a pair of fighters, which are on alert at sites around the US, to locate and attempt to identify the unknown object.

They also didn't release the details of if the intercepts identified anything. Therefore, we can't know (from the released data from NORAD) what the objects were.

Basically, what you have, is a vague article in a crap newspaper about a vague report from NORAD.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Soooooooooooooooooooooo . . . evidently you think that

ONLY those who AGREE WITH YOU

are capable of rational thought.

Impressive.

You seemed to fail to notice that I'm quite interested in the views of the SKEPTICS who are FAIR-MINDED

vs

the irrational TRUE BELIEVERS in the Religion of Scientism/ sub-cult: "Nasty Contrarians."

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Richard Dolan is one of the few guys I will take the time to listen to. He talks about huge ships seen and tracked by radar also about why and what if there was disclosure .. great vid for those who have the time to watch.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Welllllll,

incremental to me

because I've never heard before of THAT MANY radar tracking cases being released.

So, it seemed LOGICAL, to me, to construe this as a step up from whatever earlier radar info was released.

It didn't seem all that hard to construe it that way, personally.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Wellllllllllllll, harumph.
I think we should gather 100's of Millennials together and march right down there and have a brawl of a protest because we only got 1/3 or 1/4th or whatever of a cup instead of the full cup.
I'm sure the Millennials could coach us in the best form of 2 year old tantrums and fits.
I mean, obviously it must be considered utter insanity to ever consider a release of such information to be any hint of progress. OH. NO! We MUST deny that ANY progress has been made, whatsoever.
Further, we need to be sure that our tomato and rotten egg throwing crews are in great form to make certain that anyone trying to find any meaning or interest whatsoever in this disclosure understands what utterly stupid idiots they are so that they will crawl back in their holes and not bother THE OMNISCIENT ONES about such shallow petty stuff ever again.
/sarc

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks. I'll try and watch it after my nap.

I do respect Dolan. He's not shrill, nor hyper nor blindly given to any dogma, imho. Unless it's swallowing the meme that the critters are from distant planets. I think he does subscribe to that unwarranted dogma. But I haven' listened to nor read him in quite some time.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Details for the 15 intercepts a year would be the interesting information - what were those unidentifiable entities on close up inspection?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: f4andHALFtoads
Details for the 15 intercepts a year would be the interesting information - what were those unidentifiable entities on close up inspection?

That's my point. NORAD didn't release that information. They left it vague. Maybe on purpose to keep a UFO conspiracy going or to cover one up? Who knows.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That's the problem though, isn't it? The "information" that was released doesn't actually say much.

-There were 1,800 UFOs in 5 years. (Roughly 360 a year)
-75-15 (is that a typo? Is it meant to say 150?) were "intercepted" (which only means that jets were scrambled. It doesn't mean anything was found or identified)

That's it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Has anybody ever asked for those documents before? That's sort of key here. Because if nobody asked, then...so what? If people have been submitting FOIAs and getting denied, then perhaps it means what you think it does.

If nobody bothered to ask other than these two times, and both of them got an answer, doesn't really seem like much in the way of disclosure.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I am beginning to think that Earth is just a small cog in a larger corporation and that humans are actually ubiquitous throughout the Milky Way.

Or...

Humans started here and the super rich have the technology for years to create a breakaway society on another planet.

Either way...

We are the ones living on the prison planet fending for ourselves. Somone owns those UFO's. Aliens, humans, robots; it matters not because we do not know and we have zero control to stop them from entering our airspace.

What resource could they possibly want from Earth? For one, intellectual property. Earth is like a giant think tank. Maybe we are making advances here in computing tech that others have not. Who knows? Not me. Bigelow Aerospace may know however...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Sure. It's your turn. Nobody is saying they are fake. It's just that tracking an unknown object does not equate to aliens. They're just unknown objects. The only real mystery here is why people insist on invoking "aliens" every time something unknown appears in the sky. And in terms of being paragons of journalistic integrity, the Express rates right up there with the National Inquirer.

I know exactly what the Express is. I also know what this thread is about.

Regarding aliens, well I don't know, why not? It isn't as if we actually know for sure anyway, is it?

As regards people mysteriously suggesting aliens, perhaps that is because when the stories really started to get a grip, aliens was actually the most commonly used idea. You can't blame people for thinking what they have been conditioned to think.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Big difference between an unknown track and "OMG, Aleeeens!"

Smugglers, unlisted flights, emergencies, out of airspace corridor, descending, meteors, reentering space junk, balloons. Hot air and Helium. And the remaining 5 percent, true 'unknowns'.

Especially if intercepted. Like what airforce jet can scramble and catch up with the real thing?

There, for nay sayin sake.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

A UFO is a UFO. An object, unidentified, that is flying.

A UFO does not automatically mean "awiens."

I don't know how this can be construed as incremental disclosure. Somebody got around to asking a question, and the question was answered. Doesn't appear anybody made much of an effort to hide this information, they just didn't post it on Facebook.

Yeah , I have to keep repeating that definition constantly . When I first got married , I saw LOTS of UFOs . I would make the wife angry and suddenly they were everywhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It's the ones you don't see that always get ya, though, isn't it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join