It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HO-LY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! Suggestions???? QUICK!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You got lucky. That's why I think mine was already riled up by something else. They raise their tail as a warning and if whatever is bothering it doesn't back off, then they spray.

My Mom wouldn't even let me in the house. I had to strip down to my underwear and take a bath with the water hose out back. Mom would open the back door, throw something out with the advice, "Try this" and then slam the door to keep the smell out. Dad just stood in the kitchen window and laughed.
People are no help at all when you smell that bad.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I never barf! I've barfed exactly twice in my entire 52 years on this planet...and I remember both times like they were yesterday. I always tell my wife..."if you ever see me barf call 9-1-1 'cuz I'm in the process of dyin'!!!"

I dunno why, but I just don't barf. I've been as sick as a dog, and still don't throw sidewalk pizza. Nope, no reverse eating for this kid!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
edit...Double tap.

edit on 7/2/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

LOLOL!!

Nope, no help at all!!!

The things we do for our furry friends!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I've now determined it actually smells worse inside the house than out! The first thing the poor dog did when he came in was dive on the carpet to wipe his eyes out. It happened so fast, it was like a flash...simultaneous with the smell hitting me. When I turned around I saw Cisco drooling and furiously rubbing his face on the carpet. It was then I realized it was him who got sprayed. I threw him out immediately, but it was too late.

Wonderful...just wonderful. [/extreme sarcasm]

Well, I guess the good news is, I don't have to worry about any company coming over this weekend (...or ever) now!!

I don't think I'd even wish this on my ex-mother in law. Wait...oh yes I would!!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

When I was 12 I worked in a fur shed scraping hides and honestly, I think fox urine is worse than skunk! But if you have gotten a whiff of fox then yea, you can pretty much imagine a skunk!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am glad to see you are keeping your sense of humor through this whole nasty ordeal!!

It is how I cope too.

But I wouldn't trade my country life for anything in the world.

Soon you will be saying, "remember that time that stupid dog.....", and laughing about this....I hope.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Can you describe the smell in a way a non-American guy can understand? Is it like rotten meat? Fox scent marking? Cow turd? Dog fart? Sewage?

I'm listing the worst natural smells we get in England...

Is it like a blast of ammonia where the throat just shuts down?

It's a powerful musk, very powerful. It will make your eyes and nose burn but that's what it's designed to do because it's the animal's natural defense. The critters spray it at would be predators.

It's not a sulfurous smell like sewage or poop.

I've heard comparisons to burning rubber.

My husband said if you take the worst cologne you can think of and let it sit out in the sun until it distills down, you might be getting close in a way because of that musk element.

Suffice it to say it's awful and it is darn near impossible to get off.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't know how to tell you this, but when I was growing up, our dog took a faceful point blank. We did all we could, kind of like you.

We got the immediate smell out, but for the next six or so months, whenever it would get damp there was that lingering skunky smell all around the house in everything, including our clothes. Such a joy to have to go to school smelling vaguely of skunk!

My mom called the local extension office and they had some suggestions she used. One was some stuff we mixed up and put in a sprau bottle that we kept using for a long time afterward.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I just wish I'd have thought to strip down to my skivvies and put on a trench coat before going into the grocery store and grabbing the (16) bottles of douche and 2 gallons of tomato juice!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks guys.

In trying to think of the worst natural smells in England, I suddenly remembered something from the 90s. Me and friends went down a local canal in the countryside. One of them poked the back of a floating, drowned dog with a stick. The skin tore like tissue, it bobbed under and then broke the surface with a stench that made the eyes water.

It was unpleasant by sight and scent and has somehow lodged clearly in my memory.

Anyway, thanks for answering my earlier question

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Poor little mutt - their noses are about a million times more sensitive than ours.

He's probably hating all the bathing, too.

I'm wondering if letting him roll around in all the cow droppings might cheer him up - they usually want to get filthy after a bath.

Not being facetious - I'm seriously wondering if a good dose of something almost as pongy might do more to counteract the stink than all the cleaning stuff.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Lol skunks are NasT.

We use tomato juice. Throw them in the bath soaked for 20-30 min.

Good luck.

Oh, and a respirator is good for you

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Oh, he's welcome to go roll around in the corrals all he wants! If for no other reason than to get his manhood back! There's plenty of cow poop there for him to roll in.

I'm sure he's humiliated enough running around outside smelling like a giant fragrant vagina.

Not even his brother, the Border Collie, will hang out with him...and Border's a little bit light in the loafers to begin with.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You can get some of the smell out using all sorts of stuff but I have never seen anyone get all the smell out.

Better your dog than you. Always have a positive attitude.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Lol skunks are NasT.

We use tomato juice. Throw them in the bath soaked for 20-30 min.

Good luck.

Oh, and a respirator is good for you

I could never get a dog to stay in the swimming pool for over a few minutes. They also would start shaking all the water off throughout the bath and if it was skunk wash, you better have a wetsuit on.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: berenike

I'm sure he's humiliated enough running around outside smelling like a giant fragrant vagina.

Quick - take him to Vegas. Or is it Nevada?

I'm not a local.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Electric razor, bald dog, lemon dawn dish soap.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

After all the solutions you've made up and washed him in, the VERY LAST thing you might think about doing is having him COMPLETELY shaved. Fur is fairly porous as far as grabbing hold of "scents" goes, so getting rid of all that thick fur should go a long way towards ridding him of the smell. Poor baby! Good luck!

Oops...missed seeing someone beating me to that idea!
edit on 2-7-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join