It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Witness2008

Scottish whiskey. Good stuff

I like scotch tape.

My old girlfriend drank scotch on the rocks.

I could never get into it.

Bourbon was my drink of choice.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I like scotch tape.
American.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I like scotch tape.
American.

Good ol truth in advertising.

How can they lie like that?!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I know, right?
The label is like, tartan and everything.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have a British son in law , send me a signed model of an Mk 9 Hawk from Martin Bower and we'll call it even
edit on 25-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: ridgerunner

Heck,I`m not able to buy a jaguar,but I sure will buy a bunch of Newcastle brown ale,love British beer.

Whatever your budget and conscience dictate, of course.

I had to really think about what I could buy for a minute. Globalism has had the same effect on British manufacturing as it has on US manufacturing; that is to say, it's been wiped out.

I struggled to come up with a British-made product that's commonly used in the US. I'm sure there are many, but I sure did have to think about it for a while.

A smartphone? The CPU and GPU are designed in the UK by ARM. Then there are British video game developers. Many movies have scenes shot in the UK.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My personal belief is the total upside down understand most people have of economics and markets... The stay votes are genuinely scared. Fear always comes from what we dont understand.

The UK went from no leverage to a tun of leverage over night, from no say to complete control. The only negative effects will be acted out in a political sense from political stances and grudges but the world will see that.

The Greeks had a chance but were wimped out the last second. All wise investors and opportunists are currently licking their chops at the chance to get in early and fast with the new UK.

Not a huge fan of capitalism but it is still the game we play and you cant play that game without leverage, otherwise you are a slave to others demands.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: NthOther

As a good son of Scotland displaced in the States....

I am pounding the Rusty Nails.... in celebration of BREXIT!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

WHERE'S MORE DRAMBUIE!!!!

Slainte Mhath!!!!!!!

Well you must be quite stupid, Scotland voted hugely in favour of remain, engage brain before posting - always a sensible move. Of course it's more than likely Scotland will now divorce itself from the UK, potentially also Northern Ireland and I don't blame either.

The British youth strongly voted to remain as well. For the Scots, well they are some of the most patriotic people on the planet, so you can bet they would have been solid in remaining, but the British youth,... not for patriotic reasons for sure, and I still do not understand fully why this statistic stands.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Might have to get the Air Arms s510 now. Needed a good reason to spend the money.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I agree with you that was kinda over the top of me but still...The UK will be okay and so will the rest of the world I wish people would stop worrying about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

The British youth strongly voted to remain as well. For the Scots, well they are some of the most patriotic people on the planet, so you can bet they would have been solid in remaining, but the British youth,... not for patriotic reasons for sure, and I still do not understand fully why this statistic stands.

In my experience speaking to the younger guys at work youth votes tend to go in the direction of the idealist. Older votes go towards realism. Older voters have lived through the changing face of the EU and have seen the mess it has become compared to what it was promised to be.

I hate the whole "young voters have to live with this choice longer, so their voice should be the important one" crap. I'm a middle aged guy. I plan on having another 30-40 years living with the decision to leave (assuming the liver lasts that long). That's a fairly long time. The political landscape can change massively in that time as the last 40 years have shown.

We just have to be ready to take the hit financially for a couple of years and we will come out the other side stronger and with more influence in the decisions which affect our lives democratically. New trade deals are already happening.

Have patience.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

In my experience speaking to the younger guys at work youth votes tend to go in the direction of the idealist. Older votes go towards realism.

There's a saying about that.

If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The pounding the British pound has taken I suspect is more a function of retaliation for exiting the EU than a function of anything else.

A hand full of angry bankers and Zionists can wield a lot of power.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

The pounding the British pound has taken I suspect is more a function of retaliation for exiting the EU than a function of anything else.

A hand full of angry bankers and Zionists can wield a lot of power.

Yeah. The pound has fallen to a level not seen since.....February.

If any of you folks want to give yourself a real treat, you could do worse than buy a couple of steaks.
www.herefordbeef.org.uk...

I'm a bit biased, being a Hereford lad, but I ve never tasted any other beef anywhere near as good.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yup.

I'm a bit biased,

Yeah. You are.

edit on 6/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Yup.

I'm a bit biased,

Yeah. You are.

There's worse things to be biased about.
You should nip round for a bbq some time. :-)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I'll bring a Kahua filet.
And a bottle of Jim Beam.

edit on 6/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Jim Beam. Me and him haven't had a night out in a long time! Damn bloke was always getting me in trouble when I was younger.

edit on 10pSun, 26 Jun 2016 04:19:10 -050020162016-06-26T04:19:10-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Where do you think the expression "Beam me up, Scotty" comes from?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Where do you think the expression "Beam me up, Scotty" comes from?

Haha. You live, you learn.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join