It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The E.U. Still Trying To Bully The U.K.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The E.U. Commission has insisted that The U.K. has to invoke Clause 50 ( The formal process for The U.K. to leave The E.U. ) immediately.

Prime Miister Cameron has stated when a new P.M. is elected in 3 months time, he can then begin to process of Clause 50. This is not good enough for The E.U., they want the preocees started NOW.

Just another example of why The U.K has done a runner from The E.U.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I heard some commentators last night saying that the EU will make things as difficult as possible for them, and use them as an example to show "this is what happens if you leave the EU".
I really don't like the sound of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
That's like saying "You're legally obliged to consult a lawyer the moment you decide you want a divorce".
I'm sure they're not getting that out of the wording of the treaty.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I think it should be started now , we've 2 years to tie everything up and most of the early work can be done now.
Why wait ?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
We need a chance to think about what arrangements we're hoping to get, before we start negotiating for them

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Good.

I didn't vote out so I'd have to wait two years for our Democratically Elected decision to bear fruit.

Sooner the better.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

When push comes to shove it will them dragging their heels after all its supposed

to take a minimum of two years to leave.

I say get on with it the sooner the better, its them who will miss our generous

contributions. The sooner we leave the better off in all aspects the UK will be.

Its been said that the EU is afraid of the contagion of it starting other nations off

on their own referendums, and one of the EU ministers wants the UK punished

(like naughty little children) so as to frighten of any copy cat situations.

We can take consolation in the FACT that we are not the only ones they bully.....

Those BULLIES, Bully everyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think it should be started now , we've 2 years to tie everything up and most of the early work can be done now.
Why wait ?

Cameron was pro E.U. He doesn't want to be The P.M. that took the U.K. out.

I can see nothing wrong with that sentiment.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

We've got 2 years to think and negotiate , we've made the decision I see no reason to drag our heels.
They've already made it clear they're going to try to make an example out of us to discourage any other defectors so let's get the hell outta Dodge.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Happy Independence day Great Britain ! I am so happy for all of you!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

He made this bed now he must lie in it , it doesn't much matter what he want's he is still the PM until he isn't so he should do his job and lay the groundwork , he knows these people.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Cameron is NOT a negotiator by what he came away with in the first place.

I think we should take an audacious stance and make known what we want

from the deal.

Ask for too much (like whistling in the dark?) and settle for a bit less?.....

win - win?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

He made this bed now he must lie in it , it doesn't much matter what he want's he is still the PM until he isn't so he should do his job and lay the groundwork , he knows these people.

Two fingers to The E.U.

The U.K. will decide when to invoke Clause 50, and not be yet again dictated to by unelected Eurocrats.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Right the EU and the Bilderberghers behind them will move as much money and power to there new economic capital in Germany and do all they can to wreck the UK's economy as a punitive act and as Angeldoll rightly point's out to make an example of the UK to scare other's out of leaving.

They are also wanting the UK out for other reason's as with the second largest economy in the EU out they have a higher ranking behind Germany and France then they would otherwise have making there country's more politically powerful or so they are led to believe by there pied piper leader's.

Meanwhile bare this in mind.
Now also bare in mind that this was the Express so how much do you actually trust the information to be unbiased and true.
www.express.co.uk...
But of course if it is then the EU is on borrowed time and perhaps Britain has now placed itself in a good position if it takes up the suggestion of the Swedish prime minister to form a British/Nordic economic block and to sow the true seed of a more fair and economic based successor to the common market and to prevent it turning into an unelected Frankenstein's monster like the EU itself has.

So are we really in the wrong position, will the Scot's really jump ship to dive back onto the sinking raft that IS the EU?.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Cameron's not plausible.

Its more the case that he cannot get us a decent deal, than making him lie in

the bed he made himself. I mean look at the ridiculous concessions he came away

with to convince us that we should stay in the EU

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeah why wait?

I see no reason in waiting to start the process. Both for the UK as for Europe. Make the split quick and clean and move on to the next drama.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Truck the EU and all the greedy globalists and their paid off impotent minions, every last one of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Damn straight screw the same oligarchs who used to have mommies and daddies that were feudal lords. This ##%$is ridiculous

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
Yeah why wait?

I see no reason in waiting to start the process. Both for the UK as for Europe. Make the split quick and clean and move on to the next drama.

Only possible reason for waiting is we need a new leader as Cameron has

been politically castrated.

Who do you think is stronger enough to do the job?

Perhaps we should have a cross party delegation, excluding Corbyn, who

has no teeth! I cant believe he was ever a rebel against the system!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Dumbass
Yeah why wait?

Only possible reason for waiting is we need a new leader as Cameron has

been politically castrated.

Who do you think is stronger enough to do the job?

Perhaps we should have a cross party delegation, excluding Corbyn, who

has no teeth! I cant believe he was ever a rebel against the system!!!

That being said.. still no reason to wait three months. That's what a vote of no confidence against Camaron should be used for.

Edit to add:

It would give the spark to choose the leader with the path for a separation how the people see it happening
edit on 24-6-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join