It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange egg shape object falls from the sky...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: blase2312

Great find I am envious.. MM I wonder what might hatch out of that if it was a space egg..

Or the Male version..
edit on 22 6 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added more

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It must have been your lucky day if it turns out to be a meteorite. Time to cash it in...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Awesome.. .and nice symmetrical shape... at $10,000 an oz (or so) for metallic meteorites and that great shape, selling it could get you a bundle, though if not desperate for money, it sure is a nice gift from the cosmos.

Let's just hope the cosmos doesn't give us all bigger 'gifts' anytime soon...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Did it leave an impact impression where it hit if so do you have a pic of that?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Wow it's green too, you've been chosen by the green lantern.....

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I have an idea what it might be...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You could possibly be in the possession of a meteorite, which there are many folks out there who will pay you a good sum in order to get their hands on it.

When you say that it slammed down in front of you, do you mean right in front of you, how many feet away would be your guess?

Also, a meteorite would be moving at a much higher velocity than a rock that may have been dropped by a bird, so was it coming down straight or at an angle? ~$heopleNation

edit on 22-6-2016 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: blase2312
right in front of me. I was sitting outside when I see this rock slam into the dirt. Its possible that a bird dropped it from the sky but that's not the reason why I am posting this on here. The rock looks strange and not like any rock i've seen before. What could this be?

]

If that is a meteorite, you might have just won the big lottery. It's probably worth a ton of money.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I really don't believe it is a meteorite, because it looks like a tumbled piece of Bornite/peacock ore. I don't ever recall any meteorites found that were that rounded and smooth. I will officially claim this as tumbled stone of bornite.

How it ended up falling from the sky is beyond me though.

Bornite, also known as peacock ore, is a sulfide mineral with chemical composition Cu5FeS4. Bornite has a brown to copper-red color on fresh surfaces that tarnishes to various iridescent shades of blue to purple in places. Its striking iridescence gives it the nickname peacock copper or peacock ore.

You don't even have to visit a university to confirm. Just hit the local flea market, theres always a rock guy/gal in every flea market I been too.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Bornite

I live in Roswell we don't have bronite but we do have plenty of quartz.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have a feeling the op knows exactly where his pebble came from and it wasn't something that dropped out of the sky.
edit on 22-6-2016 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have my own tumbler and a few packs of tumbling sand I could mail you. Its be worth my time and money just to see it polished. Takes like 200 hours but all you gotta do is turn it on and drop it in

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

You could possibly be in the possession of a meteorite,

I hope it is one.

there are many folks out there who will pay you a good sum in order to get their hands on it.

Really? I doubt this ones worth any real money.

When you say that it slammed down in front of you, do you mean right in front of you, how many feet away would be your guess?

It landed 5ft in front of where I was sitting. I don't know the angle because I was looking at the ground when it hit. It made a thud noise and kicked up some dirt. I don't know if its a meteorite or not it could be something else.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Not want to freak you out but what if it's radioactive ?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: blase2312
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Bornite

I live in Roswell we don't have bronite but we do have plenty of quartz.

You seem to know a bit about stones..

I have to ask though.. Please give us more details about it falling from the sky..
That really is the important part of the story here and it has been past over pretty quickly.. which seems odd..

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Boeing bomb lol

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That's a UFO...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So this identifies UFO, Unidentified Flying Omelette........... No, sorry could not resist a laugh, hope you gather required info ref that particular object

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeroenske
Not want to freak you out but what if it's radioactive ?

Thats exactly what i was thinking...... are they radioactive or not? i wonder...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

My only problem with this is the color - If it were black, silver, or grey, I'd jump on the meteorite bandwagon. Is it really as blue as I'm seeing it in the photos?

If you want a non-meteorite best guess, I have a couple:
1. There are some species of birds (ravens, crows, etc) that like to collect things - It's possible one of these birds was carrying the pebble and dropped it).

2. Space debris - this might explain the color and the slightly magnetic properties.

3. A pebble that came off of an airplane - I'm sure aircraft tires could pick up a pebble just as easily as car tires could. This would explain the impact.

4. It could have been projected out of something (IE: Wood chipper, lawnmower, etc). I bring this up because not long ago, a family here in MI had an unknown piece of iron go flying into their house - They thought it was a meteorite, but supposedly, someone a half-mile away was using a wood chipper facing their house, and the iron was stuck in the tree (I'll try to find the link).

5. Aliens! Don't let it hatch!

-fossilera

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join