It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient artifacts found in Saudi Arabia desert

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i just saw this on twitter ( @AwanNewsKw ) its an arabic account but you will see the picture

some guys were chasing a spiny-tailed lizards ( i just got the name from Wikipedia ) apparently they hunt them to eat them
anyway while chasing that poor thing it went underground and after digging they found these golden artifacts

looks like from a Jewish origin to me

i dont have any additional information at the moment but just wanted to share

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I once knew a Saudi dude and he told there are a lot of ancient ruins in Saudi Arabia but for some reason the Saudi authorities kept those areas off limits.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I once knew a Saudi dude and he told there are a lot of ancient ruins in Saudi Arabia but for some reason the Saudi authorities kept those areas off limits.

Possibly because it doesn't jive with their present belief system.

Why explore and gain a better understanding of their own history when they can simply fence them off and make it a no go zone?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

i dont know maybe , but this one looks fresh and new and it has been published , so im sure that this one is going to a museum and research

i will follow up if something new comes up , but for now its bed time , its passed 4 am

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

It is called the forbidden zone like in planet of the apes i heard about it many years ago from someone who worked there

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Some pieces look like very early Christian to me.
The hand gestures in one pic look like
one of JC's common gang signs.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You know what's weird is that many of the mystery schools originate in the Middle East.

Druidism and paganism are separate entities and more about nature than the mystery schools.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It would not be of Jewish origin. Ancient Jews did not make statues, idols, or relief likenesses of people.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Its a mish mosh of artifacts by the looks of it.
I can't wait to see if that is vellum at the bottom.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If legitimate, the gold artifacts are quite interesting. They look to have been bound, like pages of a book...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere

Star for pointing it out, but it isn’t strictly true. There were Romanized Jews who were okay with statues and stuff. And IIRC there were statues (of other gods, not Yahweh) in Solomon’s temple.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Looks like Zoroaster to me

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The gold 'pages' might be Christian. The one on the left looks like a bearded man holding a lamb in his lap, to me anyway.

I think the statues between them are very interesting. Their skulls look elongated or perhaps they are wearing horned helmets? Their hands appear to be held together at the front like some Sumerian statues.

Anyway, just guessing.
edit on 19-6-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Could these have been stolen during the Uprising a few years ago and buried in the desert?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
How much more stuff like this has been found over the years, the gold sold on and the rest thrown in the bin..

Even the dead sea scrolls.. Wasn't the guy using pages as fuel for a fire?
I'm surprised this guy handed it back. . I'm sure you can buy a lot of lizards by selling those artifacts..

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
How much more stuff like this has been found over the years, the gold sold on and the rest thrown in the bin..

Quite a lot, Sir Leonard Woolley excavating in Mesopotamia, learned that artefacts from his digs were being discovered at a local market, sold their by his workers.
He offered a bonus payment for such items and the next day the workers went to the market and bought them all back.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

dont worry no new exploration or findings will change our belief system , and exploring isnt a taboo in islam

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere

It would not be of Jewish origin. Ancient Jews did not make statues, idols, or relief likenesses of people.

actually this one made me think that its Jewish

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
If legitimate, the gold artifacts are quite interesting. They look to have been bound, like pages of a book...

Holy Carp, BatMan! You posted something that was not a derisive, heavy handed, vitriol laced attack upon the OP!

Will wonders never cease, comrade....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join