It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Robert Hall Executed by Abu Sayyef Militants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
CBC - Robert Hall Executed

So today was the day that the Canadian government was given to pay a multi million dollar ransom for the life of Robert Hall.

The Canadian government refused to pay and he has been executed from what can be found. Not paying is fine in my eyes. But to just sit there and do nothing in the interim is mind boggling. Perhaps they did attempt a rescue. But the world has not heard of it.

Is the life of four hostages not worth the time and resources of the Canadian Military? JTF2 is world renowned as one of the best special forces units. Why were they not given the task to rescue these people? Something tells me, years ago this would have been the case...even for the US or any other western nation. Now? Not so much it seems.

Makes me wonder why I even bother to pay taxes.

Clearly this government won't do all they can to protect their citizens in times of need.

By the way, they had 9 months to rescue them.

Allowing these people to die is an utter failure in my eyes. My thoughts to the family and friends of Mr. Hall. May he RIP.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I'm in the Philippines and I'm an American. I understand why they didn't pay it would put a huge bounty on me or any other westerners head if they did end up paying. But there is no excuse for not rescuing him after 9 months of captivity.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
CBC - Robert Hall Executed

So today was the day that the Canadian government was given to pay a multi million dollar ransom for the life of Robert Hall.

The Canadian government refused to pay and he has been executed from what can be found. Not paying is fine in my eyes. But to just sit there and do nothing in the interim is mind boggling. Perhaps they did attempt a rescue. But the world has not heard of it.

Is the life of four hostages not worth the time and resources of the Canadian Military? JTF2 is world renowned as one of the best special forces units. Why were they not given the task to rescue these people? Something tells me, years ago this would have been the case...even for the US or any other western nation. Now? Not so much it seems.

Makes me wonder why I even bother to pay taxes.

Clearly this government won't do all they can to protect their citizens in times of need.

By the way, they had 9 months to rescue them.

Allowing these people to die is an utter failure in my eyes. My thoughts to the family and friends of Mr. Hall. May he RIP.

this is the Trudeau Gov'ts way of saying Screw Tax Payers.

This guy payed his taxes for Years and this is the Thanks he gets from the Canadian Gov't, or should i say his EMPLOYEES, because thats what all Western Gov'ts are, EMPLOYEES to the People!

Disgraceful.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

RIP I made a thread about their kidnappings and have been following this since, it's completely disgusting, i believe the time for radical Islam is coming to a quick bloody end very soon.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Not soon enough.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If they could not rescue him maybe they should have done what the Russian soldier did when surrounded by ISIS soldiers and called in a airstrike , they would soon get the message

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
I'm in the Philippines and I'm an American. I understand why they didn't pay it would put a huge bounty on me or any other westerners head if they did end up paying. But there is no excuse for not rescuing him after 9 months of captivity.

Absolutely. I agree that there is sound logic in not paying or negotiating with terrorists. But not dealing with at all says it's basically OK to do what they did. When it's FAR from OK!

Why does JTF2 even exist? Is their main job really sniping Afghan poppy farmers?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I'm sure he would have if he could have. Problem is our airforce's strength is a joke at best. Some of the best damn fighter pilots in the world using antiquated equipment.

I'm positive the US would have assisted Canada and the Philippines if they were asked.

Hell, we went in to most places first to pave the way for American military might. (WWI, WWII, Afghanistan).

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You would think that some government would have put in a team of special forces to track them down in those 9 months
they had to bargain for their lives .

Maybe a trade embargo might get the government of the Philippines to take notice

edit on 13/6/2016 by stonerwilliam because: spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Perhaps. But there is already a strong armed (slightly maniacal) new leadership in the Philippines already. I doubt an embargo would help much. And I doubt that corporate Canada or US would allow such a thing.

This is an utter failure of the Canadian (liberal) government. So, same old, same old.

Not saying any other political party would have handled it any better though.

Just look at how we treat our own and allied veterans. Hell, a 94 year old Norwegian Naval vet is seeking care assistance after living in Canada for 60 years and they turn him away because some asshat in the government thinks the Norwegians gave up in WWII... IDIOTS!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

With the Philippines being so cheap to holiday in it would do no good to stop tourism going after a month people would forget all about it they are getting so desensitised to events like this in the world same with shootings in America .

I just hope that people remember when voting comes along again what those people did or not in their case

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Write a letter, demand it, go to the streets and paint a sign saying what you want: I want war, I want to finish this at its roots.
If they can't keep religion out of politics there is no alternative. If you really can't agree on face the modern world together, then we will do it for you, because you're endangering the whole world with it. No more Shiites or Sunnis.
Sorry for answering with "the book", but this is the antichrist, we have our own problems, dealing with the 4 horseman, Islam bears the responsibility on how, we as one planet will succeed.
This is not a "state", but the most dangerous state of mind, we are facing, you can't expect to find reason, or common sense, when you face madness. Someone blindly taking orders from the whisperer of lies.
Get religion out of politics! Or I literally want you to get killed. It will be your responsibility if many of your citizens will die.

Wow, yesterday had an effect on me.
But the problem is we are facing an ideology not a state. How do you kill an ideology?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

This is an utter failure of the Canadian (liberal) government. So, same old, same old.

Israel doesn't pay ransoms, either. Is that bad too?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Some times we leave a deposit.

Ransome deposit: ST6

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

But we're not Israel, are we.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Decidedly not. My point is that not too many civilians are being kidnapped any more because they will not negotiate. Prisoner swap, yes, but different context.

And my remedy echoes the one above. Send in hunter/killer squads and take these vermin out. JTF2 or multinational.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: awareness10

Decidedly not. My point is that not too many civilians are being kidnapped any more because they will not negotiate. Prisoner swap, yes, but different context.

And my remedy echoes the one above. Send in hunter/killer squads and take these vermin out. JTF2 or multinational.

Yes decidedly not..

Not too many Civillians according to whom? If the Canadian Govt cannot cover their own, the true OWNERS and Rulers over the Canadian Gov't who have served their Govt well in Tax Payer Money, who can they depend on for support? Surely not The Canadian Govt whom they help support.

This is imho disgusting to the max. Screw Prisoner Swaps, this is out of hand, and this is Inconceivable that people who are Canadian Citizens are treated like 3rd class Citizens only because they are taken prisoner by a foreign entity?

Surely you can see the Wrong of this towards your own fellow citizens?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Back in the 80's and 90's the cdn guberment behaved exactly the same way, I can attest to that. If you have a problem overseas, don't go to the cdn embassy or consulate, they will likely get you killed. The negligence and carelessness of the main people during a crisis situation is unbelievable, at least in my direct experience. It's no surprise the goverment did nothing to effect a rescue operation, nothing is what they do best. Of course our pm, justard trudashian did nothing, he is the new standard for a do-nothing lying sack of S##t.

RIP Robert Hall, our government failed you.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

This is an utter failure of the Canadian (liberal) government.

Exactly what did you want the Canadian government to do, and how?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Hall was on a vacation in the Philippines...what more could you ask of Canada to do? # happens. Don't travel then if you aren't willing to risk your life somewhere else.

I am glad that Canada is refusing to pay ransom. Terrorists should not be funded through hostage taking. If these people started realizing no country around the world will pay ransom, it will hopefully deter them from asking in the future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join