It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the two party cartel preventing Jill Stein from being in the debates?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why is the two party cartel preventing Jill Stein from being in the debates?
What are they afraid of?

Why are only two parties allowed to be in the debates? This isn't democracy?
What do you think?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

This article does a good job of explaining how our politics are kept as a duopoly.

Ralph Nader: There's no such thing as a political 'spoiler'

In 1987, the two major parties created a commercially funded private corporation, called the Commission on Presidential Debates, which keeps away competition by setting a nearly impossible barrier to entry: at least 15% in the national polls.

Great reading! source

edit on 11-6-2016 by AlaskanDad because: added intro line

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The main problem with America is that all the old people gets to be president. This a major problem especially when majority of the country is down right influenced with corporations already. The young needs to be brainwashed long enough to accept the system so when they get old. They will follow the never ending system of corporatism. This is exactly what happened to America and it will never end without a major disaster. Too bad Bernie is losing to Hell because he would've changed America very greatly. Where do this old people come from? Majority of them running for president comes from corporations. Just look at EU.
Seriously running a company is nothing like running a country.

"If you let leaders of corporations run your country, they will turn your country into a corporation."

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Because that's how we've allowed the parties to rig the electoral system.

A party needs to have received at least 5% of the popular vote in the previous election to get financial support from the FEC and be allowed to participate in the presidential debates.

At least thats how I understand it.

I'm sure if Gary Johnson does make it to 5% this time they will change the rules again to keep a 3rd party out as long as they can.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Wow, it's 15?! That's even worse than I thought.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I believe the television stations require a certain percentage of support, before the candidate can make it to "the stage".
Not positive, but it's something to that effect.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
First the DemoCORP rig their elections with "superdelegates" to keep Bernie from winning.
Then the Depopulans/GlobalistOP showed the public that their votes don't matter in broad day-light on national TV.

Does this violate anti-trust laws against cartels?

They pretty much don't put her on TV... AT ALL!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Jill Stein would steal from Hillary and Gary Johnson would steal from Trump.

I think both Stein and Johnson would make wonderful leaders, heads above Clinton and Trump.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The DNC has been using the Superdelegate system since 1982. It's not new, has no nefarious causation behind it, and certainly wasn't devised for either Clinton or Sanders.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

572 superdelegates for hillary.
46 for Bernie.

How is that fair?

How is that a democracy?

edit on 11-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed

edit on 11-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Because it is a cartel! They decide who will be allowed into the debates. The media and the two-Party System have programmed Americans to think we only have two choices during elections. This election has opened the eyes of many who now realize how the party system controls who we elect. It's one thing you have to give Trump credit for, he has exposed how the system is rigged in favor of pre-selected party candidates.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

They chose her. They stood up and said when convention comes I will vote for her. Senators and judges and other prominent democrats who know her record and know her courage said this is my choice. So you want to deny them their vote. Ok. Very good.
Secy. Clinton won on popular votes and pledged delegates without the supers. She still beat Bernie. By a wide margin.
Next month those folks who committed to her are going to cast their vote just like you and I have this past spring. Just like other good American citizens.
Bernie has done some amazing things. I'm happy with all the new young dems he's welcomed into the party. My youngest son and many of his friends being some of them. I think he still has some important work ahead of him.. he would want his supporters to remain involved in the process and to vote for the congressmen and senators most likely to want to advance any legislature he may still write. So even if you can't vote Hillary do vote. Vote to put dems in the house and Senate. Bernie can still be heard.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The GOP (Grumpy Old People) and the DNC (Dim Naïve Children) need to go away.

The only way to do that is Revolution V2.0

So it ain't going to happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Major organizations always try to reduce or eliminate their competition. Even many industries have ridiculously difficult barriers of entry specifically to keep outsiders outside.

Or to put it another way, why would Democratic & Republican powerbrokers intentionally give up their stranglehold over the current system by helping new competitors gain a national audience?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Because it is a cartel! They decide who will be allowed into the debates. The media and the two-Party System have programmed Americans to think we only have two choices during elections. This election has opened the eyes of many who now realize how the party system controls who we elect. It's one thing you have to give Trump credit for, he has exposed how the system is rigged in favor of pre-selected party candidates.

They also program us to think there are only 2 or 3 solutions to any given "issue" they present. Of course, each of these "choices" still benefits them.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
pretending she doesnt exist makes them feel superior, also if they ignore the greens so will the media, blame it on cnn, msmbc,abc,cbs,fox, etc.
edit on 11-6-2016 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Before we ask why Jill Stein isn't in the debates, we need to be asking where Gary Johnson is. Be honest ... the Green Party is nowhere near the Libertarians, so if you are demanding to see Stein, you ought to be even more outraged there is no Johnson.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Selfish ideologies are selfish.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Before we ask why Jill Stein isn't in the debates, we need to be asking where Gary Johnson is. Be honest ... the Green Party is nowhere near the Libertarians, so if you are demanding to see Stein, you ought to be even more outraged there is no Johnson.

The public should have multiple choices to choose from.

Democrat,Republicans,Greens,Constitutionalists,Libertarians,Independent.

Not just two.

Give people more options to select from in their public servants. Hillary and Trump are way too authoritarian.
edit on 11-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

edit on 11-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Good point.

Makes a lot of sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join