It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to Sanders Supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Bernies' demographic support has a lot of women and minorities; you expect them to forgive Trumps insults?

Not ****in likely!

Trump is sowing the seeds of his own destruction. Even his own party is fragmenting, in full stage mutiny and plotting to bring him down.

www.rawstory.com...

Or perhaps that's been the underlying plan all along.....politics is nasty, corrupt and ugly!

There's also a negative side!
edit on 9-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Vote Trump!

Nope.

First and foremost, why do you like Bernie Sanders? You largely like him because he is Anti-Establishment.

Bernie has integrity, decency, consistency, character.

Trump has NONE of that (nor does Clinton).

Q: So why would I betray my own ethics by voting for a slimeball? Just because he's "anti-establishment?"

A: I wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
Want to be my running mate? I think we could run circles around the pathetic competition.

SARGON/OZYMANDIAS 2016
"All in with a pair of kings!"
or
"Build a ziggurat and make Uruk pay for it!"

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Brother, I hear you loud and clear. I have voted 'off' party for more than half my voting life. I even worked to help establish a 'Labor Party' a couple of decades ago, which did get established but then was co-opted by the union-establishment. So again, I believe you when you say how important it is to break that strangle hold. I do have one problem though with your assessment of the situation. How we define establishment and just who IS controlling the nation.

Mr. Trump IS establishment. He is a marketer, a salesman. A usurper of dreams. These people, from the lowliest used-car salesman and the marketer who takes a year old can of corn from the shelf, slaps a "new and improved' label on it and puts it back up for sale, to the Madison Avenue hucksters that hound us daily with their fancy slogans designed to worm their way into our brains,,,, are the establishment. And this IS Mr Trump.

Sure, all candidates play to our dreams. Clinton to the dreams of so many 'new order' liberals, Sanders to the utopian minded youth and so on. But Trump is not, first and foremost a politician. He is a salesman of schlock. Maybe glossy schlock, but schlock none the less.

So, even though I do find within myself a strong cry to vote for him for the very reason you suggest, I in turn implore you to take a breath, look at him with a more critical eye and vote for someone else. Hell, vote for yourself, or me. At this point, even though I have no desire what so ever to be president, I would rather vote for myself than for Mr. Trump.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How would he benefit from walking away at this point?? It makes no sense.

People who really believe this are on the same mental level as people who believe Obama will refuse to leave office and have a third term.

It's the worst of the worst kind of fear mongering and it has no basis in reality. Tell me one thing Trump would gain by just saying "Ahhh it was all a joke, peace!"

You ask what would he gain. Maybe nothing, but what would he lose, the respect of all the people who fell for his line of bs, he certainly cannot lose respect from those who are already dead seat against him. Not that what Clinton is offering is not bs, just that there is a difference between them. Clinton has been a hound on the trail of being the first woman in the office now for decades. He has been an icon in the field of marketing for just as long. He has had money to burn. Rather than take another cruise or buy another yacht or mountain retreat, he decided to burn some of his cash in the game of running for president. Are we really to suppose that all of a sudden he has this 'social consciousness to want to be a servant of the people???????????????????????????????????????????????????. THAT, I find impossible to believe. (Clinton too)

I really think he was bored. Bored with his real estate gambles, bored with the stupid TV show. To me, it's like he woke up one morning and said to himself, hell, I'll run for president.

But you know what Benny, I'm not sure of any of that. He may be serious, I'm just saying that I cannot get that thought to go away, that it may all be the joke of a very rich and very bored man.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I completely understand what you are saying and I agree with a lot of it.

However you must understand that by voting for anyone else, you are only guaranteeing what you despise. Let's not fool ourselves. At this point the President will be either Clinton or Trump. No third party will rise up and be president, not this election anyway.

With that said, which will benefit our movement the most? President Clinton will only serve to entrench the Establishment in that party, In fact the same can be said for the republican side. The Bush Dynasty and the Republican establishment, should Trump lose, will use that as a "YOU SEE!" and never again allow a republican outsider candidate. So a Clinton Presidency will ensure BOTH Parties move closer to the establishment side and box out any other "Trump" or "Sanders" from ever doing this again.

A Trump Presidency however will ensure the Democrat anti-establishment wing gets stronger and uses a Clinton Loss to prove they were right, to prove that the strong and loud Sanders supporters will never again just "get in line." We can all also be sure Trump will fight for his own Anti-establishment kind in the republican party and not allow the establishment to box him and his kind out, and he will have the power to do so.

This election is about Establishment vs Anti Establishment.

edit on 6/9/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Once again you present sound possibilities. And while things may play out as you suggest, I suggest that there are a few weak points, based on assumptions that I do not share. I have my own assumptions and admit that that is what they are.
One is that I am not so sure that there will arise no third party for this election.

One of the things we are witnessing is how mercurial things at this juncture can be. One is Trump himself. Out of left field he has captured the hearts and of so many who were just waiting for a Republican to arise to gather the disenfranchiesd flock together. Though he was already famous, he still came in from left field and did to the Republican Party what the Democrats had not been capable of for decades.
Like wise, Sanders. How many of his fervent supporters had even HEARD of him before his run. Clinton almost made it in 08 and was the supposed shoe in for 16, but look what happened in a very short time. He fought the D establishmen, along with it's control of the MSM almost to a stand still.

These two cases of the volatility of our present situation, to me only exemplify possible 'weirdness' that may still be waiting just around the corner. Don't ask me what as I can only present a few of the possible things that might happen between now and November. I do think that you and I and others here on this site are invested in this election but that also there are many many more, many with much more clout and resources who might even now be worming away, quietly to present to the public a "new and better solution".

One little accident, one social event, one serious illness, one almost anything is all it would take to blow this whole shebang of an election to splinters. I am sure that the Republican Party is simmering and watching and waiting to spring into any void that may occur. The Demcrats, I think, are just to sure of themselves. But should something happen to Clinton, her email kerfuffle, her health, and where would they turn. To not turn to Bernie would be a disaster.

No, we have seven months to that vote and that, in this period is almost an eternity. Come November, I will asses the situation and either vote or not vote as my conscience will allow or grit my teeth and make a pact with which ever devil fools me the most.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Vote Trump!

Nope.

First and foremost, why do you like Bernie Sanders? You largely like him because he is Anti-Establishment.

Q: So why would I betray my own ethics by voting for a slimeball? Just because he's "anti-establishment?"

The choice is pretty clear. The Next President will be an Establishment Candidate or an Anti-Establishment Candidate. My ethics tells me that continuing the establishment simply because she has a "D" next to her name is not the correct way to solve our problems. Clinton does not see the problems this nation faces and will only make them worse.

I understand your reservations about Trump, but he is the only candidate available that can fix our problems and can make way for a possible Sanders (or his heir-apparent) return in 2020.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

ALL IN FOR A PAIR OF KINGS!

Best. Political Tagline. Ever!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Good grief! It's like talking to a wall! The vast majority of Bernie's "supporters" are on the far left. We're not voting for Trump! The Republican Party's policies are the exact opposite of nearly everything we stand for. And this is even more true in regards to Trump. Or have you all forgotten the constant protests at Trump rallies and the outright fights between us and Trump fans? (SMH)

Here's my more articulate response in a similar thread just 2 days ago. Hopefully it gets the point across.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: Sorry, I'm not actually angry at you. Just bewildered that Trump supporters don't understand why we're temporarily supporting Bernie in the first place. I just had a Trump supporter keep berating me and the other Bernie supporters in that other thread. Yet y'all are still expecting us to join Trump's side?
edit on 9-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The Next President will be an Establishment Candidate or an Anti-Establishment Candidate.

Possibly.

I should vote for Trump only because you think he's anti-establishment? Nope. See my original reply.

I have ethical standards. Trump is far from them.

I understand your reservations about Trump, but he is the only candidate available that can fix our problems.

Stop deluding yourself. You expect hope and change to work this time because it's your guy?

He's played all you guys.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Liquesence because: html bull#

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This election is about Establishment vs Anti Establishment.

Right....a guy meeting with the Koch Bros as we speak is anti establishment?

www.usatoday.com...

Hey, I have a Ford Pinto for sale, runs great, low miles, priced right!!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I see what your doing and understand your logic. There are more than two options however.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Exactly.

It's interesting to play with the hypothetical of Sanders winning the nomination at this very moment and the sentiment that Trump and his supporters would have towards Sanders and his supporters. It would be a completely different tune. Instead of pandering to his base they'd be calling them communists and using whatever other baseless smear tactics they could. Attacking the very ideas that make him the "outsider" he's supposed to be. The same "outsider" status that these Trump supporters are trying to play on as a positive now. GTFOH

I have belief in my ideals. And although Sanders doesn't represent all of them he is still by far the closest. Furthermore, I have the integrity to stand firm in those ideals. I feel no need to pander to Trump or his supporters for anything because we have virtually no ideals in common.

There is no common cause. Never has been, never will be.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GD21D

They just want our votes. They don't care one bit about implementing our goals and priorities.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

They just want our votes.

Nail, meet hammer.

Anything to garner support (and votes) for their guy while trying to play us for fools. Classic cultism, appealing to people's perception of being an outsider: Awww, your own people don't love you anymore/are losing? Come to our side, we will love you/we're on the winning side. *nudge*

Nope.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
just a Dumbass wondering....

Is an open letter to Sanders supporters the same as an open email to Clinton supporters?

(and if Clinton becomes the president will the oval office change to the ovary office?)
edit on 9-6-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hmm here is some "liberal" logic.

1. Trump IS or Was or Still is a Democrat. But he want the office himself, how best to get there.
2. If he ran under his party, he would have to Primary against Hillary.
3. He being a Democrat makes him immensely more popular then any of the RNC candidates.
4. He watched the Clown car of Republicans the Last two Elections and realized he could Side step the DNC by running RNC.

Now that he is Heading to the General Election it is a choice of.

Hillary A Democrat
Trump A Democrat pretending to be A Republican.

We do not have Two sides of the same coin here but One side of the same coin.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ
To be fair, Trump also ran for President as a Reform Party candidate in 2000. So he's actually a former Reform Party candidate and former Democrat that's running as a Republican. He doesn't seem to care too much for any particular party (which is also why he's donated to politicians from different parties).

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nearly six times as many Bernie Sanders supporters are prepared to shift their support to Hillary Clinton than vote for Donald Trump in November, according to an exclusive new poll which suggests Democrats are in a strong position to convert energy from their passionate primary contest into general election success.

Source

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join