It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect And The Bible Question

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I can't go back and read all of the mandela effect threads so I thought I would ask did any mention the Bible.

I just heard a crazy one, I have read and studied and taught from many bibles for many years and the words the Lion shall Lay Down With the Lamb....I have read many times and it no longer exists it is now wolf. I checked two versions I have handy and there is no lion as it was.

The Lion and Lamb

I often hear preachers use the phrase "and the lamb will lie down with the lion". I am assuming they are quoting the Bible, but I can't find it. I have read Isaiah 11:6-8
and the Book of Revelation numerous times and have yet to find it. What does this phrase the lamb will lie down with the lion mean?

This is not an exact quote from scripture but rather a combination of thoughts from a couple of verses.

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 65:25
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

www.learnthebible.org...

Also the verse Matthew 9.17
And no one pours new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the skins burst and the wine is spilled out and the skins are destroyed. Instead they put new wine into new wineskins and both are preserved."

In the King James is now bottles.
Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.
I am finding this a pretty odd thing and why would they have ever used the term bottles which I do not remember ever reading?

There are many many other instances of biblical change that I am sure of. I became aware from this video. Is it ok to use others comments from the youtube page? i feel as this person does.

Glenda Fouche1 week ago
There are over 700 replies, so I just saw yours and I am blown away and in tears because I ran downstairs to get the family bible printed in 1836 (huge) It's in high Dutch and I know & his dad taught him too_ written on both our hearts that the LION will lie with the lamb and __ I am sitting in tears because the word I am seeing in JESAJA 11:6 clearly says " wolf " !!!!!

edit on 7-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
I always thought the bible has Jesus as a carpenter.
I just checked online, looks like he was a tax collector.
Weird, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Weird, right?

I must assume you are joking which is fine can always use a laugh but I was hoping for some answers

edit on 7-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Not sure if this will help ...(ASV) And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

(BBE) And the wolf will be living with the lamb, and the leopard will take his rest with the young goat; and the lion will take grass for food like the ox; and the young lion will go with the young ones of the herd; and a little child will be their guide.

(Brenton) And the wolf shall feed with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the young calf and bull and lion shall feed together; and a little child shall lead them.

(CEV) Leopards will lie down with young goats, and wolves will rest with lambs. Calves and lions will eat together and be cared for by little children.

(Darby) The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the young lion and the fatted beast together, and a little child shall lead them.

(DRB) The wolf shall dwell with the lamb: and the leopard shall lie down with the kid: the calf and the lion, and the sheep shall abide together, and a little child shall lead them.

(ERV) Then wolves will live at peace with lambs, and leopards will lie down in peace with young goats. Calves, lions, and bulls will all live together in peace. A little child will lead them.

(ESV) The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them.

(GNB) Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats. Calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them.

(GW) Wolves will live with lambs. Leopards will lie down with goats. Calves, young lions, and year-old lambs will be together, and little children will lead them.

(ISV) "The wolf will live with the lamb; the leopard will lie down with the young goat. The calf and the lion will graze together, and a little child will lead them.

(JPS) And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

(JUB) The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a child shall shepherd them.

(KJV) The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

(KJV+) The wolfH2061 also shall dwellH1481 withH5973 the lamb,H3532 and the leopardH5246 shall lie downH7257 withH5973 the kid;H1423 and the calfH5695 and the young lionH3715 and the fatlingH4806 together;H3162 and a littleH6996 childH5288 shall leadH5090 them.

(KJV-BRG) The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

(LEB) And a wolf shall stay with a lamb, and a leopard shall lie down with a kid, and a calf and a lion and a fatling together as a small boy leads them.

(LITV) And the wolf shall live with the lamb; and the leopard shall lie with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little boy shall lead them.

(MKJV) Also the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the cub lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

(RV) And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

(TLV) The wolf will dwell with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the kid, the calf and the young lion and the yearling together, and a little child will lead them.

(WEB) The wolf will live with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat; The calf, the young lion, and the fattened calf together; and a little child will lead them.

(WEBA) The wolf will live with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat; The calf, the young lion, and the fattened calf together; and a little child will lead them.

(Webster) The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

(YLT) And a wolf hath sojourned with a lamb, And a leopard with a kid doth lie down, And calf, and young lion, and fatling are together, And a little youth is leader over them.
eta

edit on 7-6-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks, but it used to clearly say And the Lion Will Lay Down With the Lamb. There was no wolf.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The prophet "Larry" hitting on the whore of Babylon is totally gone as well...

While I'm down with many "effects" as possibly legit, as I share a few, I cannot help with the bible too much as I've never been a careful reader of it... though the wineskins to bottles IS out of character for the time as well as Jeremiah to Jeremy, but I'm still more comfy pointing to "dilemna" as the sign reality is not so darned real.

Though I am vindicated IF the bible has changed... if so, if it really WERE the revealed word of god then you'd think he'd keep his version pretty tight.

Meh, maybe HE's just busy getting ready to send his kid back and then wipe the planet of smug, skeptical detritus who dare to use the brain the presumptive deity assigned us.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I can solve all your ME worries.

This is not an exact quote from scripture but rather a combination of thoughts from a couple of verses.

www.learnthebible.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Though I am vindicated IF the bible has changed... if so, if it really WERE the revealed word of god then you'd think he'd keep his version pretty tight.

Well something I noted, the ones I am sure of myself all have the same meaning as lion and wolf still tell the same story. But really if reality can change for some of us and maybe not for others (it seems the young mainly) then what can we believe.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

As always, believe in yourself and some form of benevolence and wisdom... it truly is a ride, ME or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

I can solve all your ME worries.

www.learnthebible.org...

I am sorry but I have read the exact quote many many probably hundreds of times and had others read it aloud. This part is not a question for me. Thank you for your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Wesley's commentary "Isaiah 11:6
The wolf - The creatures shall be restored to that state of innocency in which they were before the fall of man. Men of fierce, and cruel dispositions, shall be so transformed by the grace of Christ, that they shall become gentle, and tractable. A child - They will submit their rebellious wills to the conduct of the meanest persons that speak to them in Christ's name. from wiki "John Westley (1636–78) was an English nonconformist minister.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
This is what people remember and this is what all the pictures show.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Here is an explanation for you on the first one - link. Basically, it's a case of people combining a couple of passages and coining a phrase. Happens.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You guys want to know why all this shhs is happening? Corporate America won the war. They got time travel devices and they are trying to prevent something that is suppose to happen. Just like the Time Machine movie(2002). Well that is more of someone going forward in time which also messes with the future which should not have happened either. I read a couple of forums about people going to future and coming back. The future people are really messing up our space time continuum.

Well, if you saw this movie. *spoilers* The guy already mess up the timeline by attempting to save his girl friend from accident *spoilers*.

www.youtube.com...

Moon mining was suppose to be banned.

www.space.com...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cnbc.com...

The Moon is suppose to be an Observatory to watch the Stars, Earth and beyond. For Space colonization.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-6-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just plain old bad memory.

The first one is a misquote, and has been misquoted forever it seems. That verse has always read just as you have it posted in Isaiah 11:6

The wineskins depends on which version of the KJV you are reading. See this link...Scroll down through the versions.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
it has NEVER been "and the lion shall lie down with the lamb".
It has always been wolf, and people have always had this verse wrong.

I asked this question in a church Bible Quiz 25 years ago, and everybody got it wrong then.

...just because people have latched on to an incorrect phrase doesn't mean that time itself is broken. Now excuse me while I go roll my eyes somewhere quiet.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Weird, right?

What? He's a carpenter!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

edit on 8-6-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I thought he was a carpenter too.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Here is an explanation for you on the first one - link. Basically, it's a case of people combining a couple of passages and coining a phrase. Happens.

Yes it does happen and I often believe these explanations when it is someone else who is "sure". In this case i know better.

People have the wrong idea here I am asking if anyone knows of any other examples of change in all of the other threads.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join