It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm watching my Mum die.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
At least you got some forewarning and were expecting it though.
My father died at 51 when I was 22,we didn't really have any warning he went out late at night and was found dead in his car that was parked at a parking lot in the morning the next day by the police.
My advice is don't take other peoples advice regarding this subject only you will know what is right for yourself.
Also be wary of your other family members on both sides as something like a death in the family is when they will show their true colors,whether that is a few days or a few months later you might know what I mean.
I haven't talked to a few of my relatives for over 20 years after my father died because of the way they treated my mother.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You and your family will be on my mind and in my prayers.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As I just mention in a PM to someone, she peacefully passed a couple of hours ago. We all held her hands and she wasn't in pain. I'll be having a few days off ATS.

BUT thank you guys, honestly, I can't talk to my mates or family like this and it's really helped.

I'm slightly broken, crying for the first time in 10 years but that's cool.

Love you mum. X

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Just lost my Mom in October. I know how you feel. Big warm hug and my deepest condolences to you and the family!
You are in my thoughts and in my heart!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I lost my dad two weeks ago and it was unexpected. I am sorry she moved on. The support of ATS helped me through my pain. I am sorry this has happening! When my dad died we celebrated his life after the funeral and had many good thoughts

edit on 6 8 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 8 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You're not attention seeking. You're a person going through some of the worst suffering that anyone can know and any way you can find some fragments of relief is absolutely okay.

When I lost my Dad the hardest thing was being half a world away from him, so I couldn't even say goodbye at his bedside. All I could do was go outside, find a star, and talk to him as if he was there.

You'll say your goodbyes in your own way, but you will say them. But she's your Mum and she will always, always be part of you. A good part, a special part, a loving part.

Hugs, man. I know it's rough.

Mike

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
As I just mention in a PM to someone, she peacefully passed a couple of hours ago. We all held her hands and she wasn't in pain. I'll be having a few days off ATS.

BUT thank you guys, honestly, I can't talk to my mates or family like this and it's really helped.

I'm slightly broken, crying for the first time in 10 years but that's cool.

Love you mum. X

Glad she is free now. I am sorry for your loss, but this is a blessing.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Cry when you need to. As you said, that''s cool. It's okay and it's good for you. We have emotions for a reason.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You need to cry. I am sorry that you are having to go through this pain. I know that there is nothing I can say that will make the pain any easier but do know that there are hundreds sending you strength. If you need to talk or just need someone to listen to you scream we are only a U2U away.

Strength comes from knowing our weaknesses and letting someone help.
[[[HUGS]]]

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My sincerest condolences and a huge e-hug for you.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Bless You in these dark Hours. You are in My thoughts and prayers... Syx

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

No words other than know you're in a lot people's thoughts today. You and your family

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I am so sorry for you and be comforted in the fact that by being physically released from here her suffering has ended.

I wish you strength and one day when you are feeling strong enough to return I hope you look back and know that there were many many strangers thinking of and pulling for you.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

That's a rough go.

Condolences.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is how you know your ATS family is real. We don't really know each other in the way that you'd know someone you'd grown older with, but it still matters. People all over the world are holding you in their thoughts and prayers.

Aching trail of loss
Gone before us, angels sing
Crooked path, a good life still

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss bud , i watched my father die from cancer many years ago and i can imagine how bad you feel at the moment .

Best wishes William

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
May your Mum rest in infinite peace. Deepest sympathy and prayers for you and yor family. Know that it's normal to feel adrift while your mind tries to adjust. Uncomfortable, but normal. You're not alone though. Many here will gladly talk with you, listen to you, pray for you, mourn with you, remember with you, laugh with you, distract you and/or give you space, as you wish, just say the word.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Thoughts and prayers for you brother...

come back soon..

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I was thinking yesterday, we're coming up to the anniversary of my mothers death. She was 42 and it was unexpected.

I don't know if it would have been better if we could have said goodbye and prepared ourselves mentally.
I am finally thinking I should pull out a photo of her and put it on the wall, or something. I've avoided dealing with it for all these years by trying to erase any memory of her except the bad ones, in order to never miss her and feel that loss.

I guess you have to go through feeling it sooner or later.
I wish you well.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So sorry to hear what your going through, but I'm sure your mother will cherish every minute you are there. Keep talking, because I've been told the hearing is the last thing to go. If you have time maybe get the ram dass audiobook dying into life and the Tibetan book of living and dying, both have bought me much comfort recently. And I want those who are with me on my death bed to have looked at it, for some support. All the best mate. Just wanted to say that what you are doing is the most humane and loving thing any human could do for another. Your mother has shown you love throughout your whole life and now you are in a position to return that love, no matter how traumatic it must be and that is what life is all about. Not just the good bits. You have my enormous respect

edit on 9-6-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join