It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional people are not spiritually evolved people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

When I was younger I would often ask myself the question what would a spiritually evolved person act like, how would they move?

I would go to Tai chi classes or would sit and observe various groups taking part in some spiritual practice.

Over the years I realised that emotionally highly strung individuals are attracted to such spiritual gatherings, but emotional people are not spiritually evolved people, the spiritually evolved are not emotional people.

When out at a club or music venue I would sometimes see a person who got carried away with the music, the beat. Some people call it "having soul" but eventually I realised its the exact opposite, these are people who get washed away by their emotions.

Emotions belong to the lower base animal nature of man, not something to cultivate.

The yogi masters of India are not emotional, you cannot master your mind if you cant even master your emotion.

You see these emotional airy-fairy hippy types dressed in lose soft clothes "feeling at one with nature",often spontaneously crying overcome by some "spiritual" feeling.

These emotional hippy types unfortunately are often teachers and only teach their followers to become more emotional.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Power in threes, mind+emotion+grounding.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
What is "grounding" ?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

Staying connected to earth.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

emotions are of use. One needs to know when to control them and when to enjoy the ride they take you on. Suppressing/repressing them a lot is not the answer.

I cannot connect with the group at a concert or at a sports game, I don't go in sync. It's not a good experience. I don't know how to hit that wavelength.

As for hippies, yea they are open minded idealistic idiots, the facts elude them unless its something like pop psychology or environmental damage.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Different strokes. Feeling, joy can be good and great, natural ecstasy in the face of life, the moment of experience of sublimity can be ecstatic and beyond words, a persons own personal relation with themselves and nature can potentially in at least some sense have very little to do with anyone else; you do not know what others go through in their lives, that they might work very hard to have a free moment to self express and feel happy, and at peace with themselves and surroundings. To worship the great and mysterious forces beyond which gifted them the opportunity to be. Is there nothing worth celebrating? Is happiness worthless? Who demands all to be silent, still, solemn, afraid?

People desire vacations, rest, leisure, entertainment, distraction, escape. From themselves, and the harshnesses or monotonies of the world. Such emotional events as you describe would seem to be something like that. Finding inspiration in positive feelings, in encouraging experiences.

What are the highest values of being, the highest purpose and goal? What would a robot desire, what would be its purpose? If you knew absolutely everything, what would you do? If humans did not experience any pleasures at all, any enjoyment, any notion of humor or feeling; would that be preferred? Should that be preferred? Is that what the greatest possible being would desire? Why?

However, if the direction of your op, was more directed at an individual who may shirk thought, logic, reason, rationale, in an argument or discussion in favor for incoherent yelling and screaming, then yes I am inclined to agree.

edit on 5-6-2016 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The key imo....is not to be manipulated by your emotions. If we can observe what is creating the emotions within us...without being carried away by them. Then we can determine which one's to embrace. ..and which one's to let go of.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

American Museum of Natural History

Emotions are controlled by the levels of different chemicals in your brain, but there is no one "love" or "hate" chemical. At any given moment, dozens of chemical messengers, or neurotransmitters, are active. Some of these neurotransmitters go between individual cells, while others are broadcast to entire brain regions. By layering signals on other signals, your brain can adjust how you respond to things and can effectively alter your mood. If you're in danger, for example, your brain releases stress hormones that make you react faster, flooding certain regions with the neurotransmitter epinephrine (adrenaline). When the danger subsides, your brain sends out a calming signal in the form of chemicals that dampen the response of regions that create fear.

Emotions are a chemical reaction.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think spiritual people are people who have figured out that they are here to help others and do as little harm as possible- and they actually live that lifestyle. You can learn a lot from the emotions you experience as you go through life - experiencing your emotions and learning from them can help you evolve spiritually.

Sal

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It is not the lack of emotion that is needed but a self-controlled balance. Empower yourself, not deny yourself! We see everyday how allowing free reign to emotions allows one to make impulsive decisions that they may regret. By recognizing a balance, you are more able to control emotions at more beneficial timing than not. Easiest example: SEX! Yep, controlling your emotions is needed. Allowing hyper emotions to escalate one to orgasm is extremely pleasureable when you actually have control. Otherwise, sex becomes bland and one will be disappointed or not recognize the ecstatic experience.

That is only one example...but most will recognize the truth. One needs balance in their emotions...but it is not a lower emotion...it is a connecting emotion. One cannot be human without it, but will be a psychotic if it rules.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Which is apparently bad. Very very bad.

Having emotions means you are:

- not evolved spiritually
- makes you a lower base animal
- makes you an airy-fairy
- puts you into the 'emotional hippy category'
- causes you to become high-strung
- automatically makes you attracted to spiritual gatherings

Bad... real bad.

Bad.

Bad.

Bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I disagree. I have come to many realizations, epiphanies and transcendental moments by "feeling" them out. Emotions are another method of thinking if you learn to control them. Undisciplined emotions can indeed seem base, and animalistic, but these too require mastery. Mastery not by suppressing into non existence, but by awareness and self control. Emotional energy is tightly intertwined with the sensation of touch through our nervous system, and one can reach out beyond the confines of the skin and experience the world around them. I would say that yogis are not void of emotion, but quite the opposite. They have learned to control them.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What do you mean by 'spiritually evolved'?

Emotions color our lives; if anyone as ever experienced the emotional 'greyness' of clinical depression, then they know what it is like to have the "bounty of Earth and her joys about them" and yet remain unable to experience happiness, elation - or even just a sense of well-being . . . and that totally sucks.

"Spiritually evolved" -according to my definition- is one who has strived, or is in the process of striving to experience gratification and expansion of his/her consciousness on all possible levels, most definitely including the emotional.

However, if "spiritually evolved" means that an individual is to eventually become absorbed within the mechanistic workings of the universe so that they may lose their sense of identity (or 'cast-away' / 'sacrificed' their ego), and thus lose the capacity to experience their self-awareness as being separate from the natural world around them - then such people shun, rather than embrace the Gift of consciousness - the Gift of self-awareness - with their minds and beings more akin to a Redwood tree than a human being. This is not evolution - this is not 'becoming more than human.' While well-meaning, I think this is the end of the path many 'spiritually inclined' seekers, both ancient and modern, fail to see.

There is a difference between emotionally-motivated thought, and thoughtfully motivated emotion. This is a great secret of the Magi . . . so read that sentence again. . . . and what is just so wrong with bursting into tears or ecstatic joy when experiencing a divine moment? Such a thing does not preclude that the individual has little to no control over their emotions, and nor is it any gauge by which spiritual growth is measured. Crying is a way humans process complex emotions. Especially complex are the emotions and feelings produced by certain peculiar waves of divine and cosmic origin - their frequencies are immeasurably high, and will so produce any number of reactions in the mind of any individual: we are all different, and correspondingly, experience these things differently.

Best regards,
KisSy
edit on 5-6-2016 by kissy princess because: serious typo

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Which is apparently bad. Very very bad.

Having emotions means you are:

- not evolved spiritually
- makes you a lower base animal
- makes you an airy-fairy
- puts you into the 'emotional hippy category'
- causes you to become high-strung
- automatically makes you attracted to spiritual gatherings

Bad... real bad.

Bad.

Bad.

Bad.

Weird because I thought, according to the DSM, that lack of emotions was a psychiatric issue.

Man, I need to reevaluate my entire life! Or do I? Will it make me care too much if I try to figure it out? I'm so lost.... oh no I'm spiraling down a shame tunnel and into a deeper emotional level thus making me lesser than....more so.....I lost myself. What was I saying?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Self knowledge is the first step to mastery of self.

But you should strive for the middle path.

No emotions is unhealthy and sociopathic

You need humor and love and joy.

Keeping your emotions appropriate to the situation is good.

Keeping them private is better.

"Never let anyone know what you're thinking outside the family."

Don Corleone

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
People without emotions are known as sociopaths.

I don't think that's very spiritual either.

Gurus are all about Love and being connected, one, with all life, etc. They are usually wise about emotions but do not say you shouldn't have them.

The Hindu Scriptures speak of managing ones emotions - it is represented by a team of wild horses pulling Krishna's chariot. He says if you do not take a firm hand with your own passions they will control where you go, but if you command them your passions can move you under your direct power. (Paraphrased)

He does not say you should shoot the horses and have no passions.

Anyway. Not sure if you meant it all that way or not but that's how it came off to me.

AB

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12

Neither are judgmental people.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Spiritual gain, social loss.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Sure they are. You don't think that you are going to be able to skip that step because it embarrasses you, do you?

edit on 5-6-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Having emotions is a good thing and does not mean you are unspiritual. I think you mean those who are over-emotional or let their emotions get the better of them are not spiritual? Because I would agree with that in general.

Someone who is spiritually self-aware will not let their emotions get the better of them and will catch themselves before going off the deep end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join