It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Golden Age of "UFOs" Ended

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I hear you. I'm sick of all the BS too.

My theory is that all photos of "UFOs" in the past 30 years are probably all hoaxes or mis-identification;
every single one. Maybe every last picture EVER.

Now mind you, I think that some sort of phenomenon has been present for thousands of years.. but
we probably can't photograph it in any meaningful way.

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spite

People's imaginations get better because special effects in movies are getting better, and when people "see" something "unusual" all those movie images are in their heads. Probably.

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Everyone assumes that we are dealing with a "nuts and bolts reality 'If reality is to some degree a "hard" lucid dream. Then why cant it be tested, as such. This still leaves us with nuts and bolts hardware, and seemingly three dimensional ships. But formed primarily of consciousness, as in any other dreamscape. The difficulty is trying to explain where they come from,but not much more difficult than trying to explain where a Car came from in a normal dream.
edit on 7-6-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The Woo aside, there are what seem to be legitimate sightings of craft.
I really wouldn't give up all hope that we are being visited. I just don't think it's as much as we think it is, and again getting hard evidence is a bugger.

Just about any time jets are scrambled based on radar hits I would trust as probably legit.

I forget the name of the case, but the two women and child in Tennessee or Kentucky that suffered radiation burns?
Back in the late 50's or early 60's? It could have been one of our's but I just don't think so.

The silver cylinder I saw in the 70's in broad daylight? No wings or tail?
No shimmery aura just putting across the sky noiselessly? Dunno what it was, but I do know what it WASN'T. The two jets that showed up a few seconds later in hot pursuit seemed damming circumstantial evidence. They btw were loud.

Not gonna say a lot, but the no wings for loft really flipped me out.
It should have dropped out of the sky like a rock.

So really, I wouldn't give up the ghost quite yet.

edit on 8-6-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

That's the thing. If you know what to look for, nearly all the 'seemingly real nuts and bolts craft'
betray hints that they are no such thing.

But sure, if you want to go all 'simulation', a perfect simulation is possible.. but where is the
fun in that? If you've noticed anything, it's that the phenomenon likes to play with us.. so there
are nearly always clues.

Kev

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Some of them were actually nuts and bolts.
In another thread about a large, silent, mystery "object" seen flying over the USA someone made a comment about LTA vehicles and everyone else pretty much pooh poohed the idea.

I pointed out a program which started in the fifties which involved saucer shaped inflatable craft.
This craft was capable of over two hundred miles an hour, was incredibly agile thanks to electric fan motors and, in tests, stayed aloft for up to three months at a time.

Not a single peep out of most people because they didn't want a possible explanation. It just had to be ayylleeeerrrrrnns!!!

Either that or some people find my balloon-saucer theory harder to accept than ET!

The thing is, that was secret technology back then and they were obviously having some success with that particular idea. It doesn't take a huge leap of imagination to think what may be up there now.
I imagine that for some people any kind of strange sighting might very well make them feel pretty strange. This must not be confused with "real" woo.
Our inability to recognise our own technology must accept partial blame for some of these sightings.

I recall an exchange recently where you told me about MUFON filtering out or downplaying the woo element.
As a base of information they seem too desperate to lean one way. If they're only collecting half the info then they might as well bin the whole lot.

Babies and bathwater again!

edit on 8-6-2016 by Tulpa because: Its morning

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

A problem I see with this is, "cell phones" aren't anything special. The power levels are quite low.

There are all SORTS of other RF emitters that were around before the advent of cell phones that had much larger power outputs.

Yet THOSE didn't seem to cause any issues.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
We as humans, are limited by our physical biology. IIRC Hiij from the skin walker thread here used an ultraviolet filter to look at his photo's and found lots of interesting stuff he didn't see at the time with his eyes.

That really doesn't make any sense, you know. Photos don't have UV information in them. It's not like Kodak or your cell phone mfr put a set of UV filtered photoreceptors in the CCD or film base.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Golden age? He, high strangeness in un EMF places? I would not stray to far from high EMF prone zones, its part of the fold now, you would be the odd ball out, even tough you are quite obviously not that. You know would not want to start hearing voices from slenderman telling you to start doing some heart bypass surgery on your neighbor? An old story I know, no doubt you have heard of it. Ghosts, Demons, Gods, Monsters, Faeries and UFO's, they are all pretty much the same thing

But anyways, UFO's are less of a phenomenon because they were a fad, that fad is no longer necessary. Besides its quite easy to break through any and all EMF fields out there. The reason why they don't do it is simply because this place is not interesting enough to warrant putting even a half asses effort into it. Its just not interesting. Besides, should you not all be sticking to the daily scheduled programing and not worrying in about this sort of stuff?

A funny caricature this world is, from its highly technological satellites and space, all the worlds data at the tip of your fingers, and its most brilliant and famous people and leaders who would be high pressed to open a can of tuna, if they steeped outside the mold and forgot instruction booklets behind. To...Well the rest of us all. Ever notice how everything in our world is packaged deal, complete with instruction booklets on just how to do and run things. Funny that no!

Some "high strangeness" indeed going on on planet earth indeed.

I would not worry about it, as the bio bots are so adamant about saying, return to your daily scheduled programing. You know! Just saying! Besides, I believe it was a great man who once said. "Yours is not to wonder why! Yours is but to do and die" The human condition indeed. Things can always be worse, but things can always also be better. But none of it matters now does it when we are but cogs in a machine.

edit on 4amWednesdayam082016f3amWed, 08 Jun 2016 04:18:10 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I say the golden age of ufos ended when unexplained mysteries was taken off the air.

Remember the 90s, where primetime programming was shows about the latest ufo videos from around the world. Fun times.
edit on 8-6-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yes, indeed.

I picked one easily visible metric.

But the same argument can be made for those other sources of EMF as well.

Really, if you go back to the 1896 airship incident as the "start of the golden
age', that fits perfectly with the rise of EMF.

i realize of course that this seeming correlation may not and even then
that "correlation does not imply causation".

But it's fun to consider the possibility.

Kev

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

For what it's worth, i star most of your posts..

It's fun to research both science and woo (for me anyway).

Sloppy thinking needs to be weeded out in both 'fields'.

I personally have no emotional attachment to any theory, not even
the theory of gravitation. In fact modified neutonian dynamics
is just as interesting.

Kev

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

There certainly are a lot of mis-identifications.

I'm not certain that I can even be charitible and call 5% of 'sightings' genuinely possible anymore.

So many sightings of Sirius or Venus or mylar ballons or chinese lanterns and satellites, etc.

Yah, some of those boring 'secret planes' too.

(no swamp gas tho!)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

How do they correlate with sunspots?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I'm really glad you asked that.

I was looking into that for a couple years.

People don't remember that the sun is of course the largest source of EMF, with perhaps cosmic rays peak energy being an interesting factor, but most of that secondarily scatters in the upper atmosphere.

You will see people going on about either sunspot minima or maxima in their cycle.. but neither case seems to work.

So I've been keeping an eye out for the time of day that "sightings" occur, as the "phenomenon" seems photo phobic
from the very beginning.

(ya know, things go bump in the night).

Now of course psychologically, the night has always been more terrifying.. and of course if anything emits any light at all, it will be much more visible at night.

So the premise that the "critters" / phenomenon is 'photophobic' could simply be attributed to those factors.

But the folklore is pretty consistent about "things" coming out at dusk, and "going away" before dawn.

That sure sounds photophobic to me.

Many, many "UFO" encounters follow this same pattern. My own BTUFO sighting was during the latter part
of dusk as well, that is just one data point of course.

My premise is that the phenomenon is a bit fragile.. as any "free-floating energy matrix" would be.. i know
people would think that's not possible.. but throw in some dark matter or something like that.. (hypothetical
I know) or just consider such cryptids might have co-evolved with humans.. so that HUMANS act as the
matrix which keeps these "free floaters" "refreshed" rather like RAMM refreshes.

In short, I have no problem hypothesizing about "energy matrix cryptids".

And I'd say that they would be phobic to a lot of EMF (thus my theory in the OP).

Now to bring it fully back to your question;

if anything, I'd say that high strangeness critters would be less prone to come out of thier
underground / underwater resting spaces (they are 'energy' so no caverns or anything like
that silliness is required) during maxima / coronal mess ejections & around holes in the
ozone layer.

I think someone did correlate less sightings during a sunspot maxima, but I'd have to go
looking for it.

I don't think that these factors would be conclusive, even if I could round up the data.

But over the history of man-made EMF n the planet, it seems there is a downward arc-
that's why I made the thread.

Comments?

PS: this guy says no change wtih minima or maxima:

www.rense.com...

Thsi ones says minima fits:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Kev

edit on 8-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: added links

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I say the golden age of ufos ended when unexplained mysteries was taken off the air.

And died when Alien Autopsy was shown to be a huge hoax.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Well since I don't believe that even one nuts and bolts craft has ever visited here (yet)---nearly everything that people have been fretting about has been meaningless to me.

Now if 100% of the relatively rare high strangeness cases and ALL seemingly paranormal stuff were proven without a doubt to be a hoax...

Then I'd shrug and spend more time on one of my other interests.

Kev

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Taking a huge step back to the OP.

What was the Golden Age of UFOs?

It's hard to say what are the most well known cases but let's try and guess on how much 'woo' is involved in these cases from the Golden Age.

1947 - Kenneth Arnold. The man who invented "Woo Eff Ohs". Or did he?

1947 - Roswoo - Or was it just a woo there balloon?

1952 - Washington DC - Woo FOs fly over the Capital and the Capitol and are even tracked on radar over two weekends in July 1952. We can't handle the woo if this one was true.

1961 - The HIll Abduction - Definitely a case of abduction by little woo men. But how much of their story is twoo?

1964 - Lonnie Zamora Sightings - Another daylight case where the sole witness sees a small craft actually take off from the desert in New Mexicwoo.

1965 - Kecksburg - An Acorn shaped craft supposedly lands in woo-ds near Kecksburg with the military cordoning off the the area? How much woo. How much is twoo?

1966 - Westall - 200+ School children & staff in Australia witness a daytime sighting of a large circular craft near their school. Plenty of woo and plenty to chew.

1967 - Shag Harbour - Something drops into the the deep woo sea off the coast of Nova Scotia. It was never seen again and we still don't know

1975 - Travis Woo-lton abudction. Plenty of woo if twoo. Travis supposedly met both human and grey aliens.

1980 - Rendlesham Forest UFO. Woo woo woo. Or just a UFO soap opera "Strange but Not Woo?"

Mid 1980s - Hudson Valley Woo - Multiple witness report all sorts of strange, mainly triangular Woo FOs in the New York State area.

1989/90 - The Woo from Belgium. A number of sightings of large black triangular seen over a long period. NATO radar detected something and there are hundreds of witness reports. Was it all woo?

1997 - Phoenix Lights Out - A signal for the end . As those lights blink out one by one so does the Golden Age of the Woo FO.

I suspect that there is still so much chaff and crap to filter out that before you can even isolate the top cases to look at.

edit on 8/6/16 by mirageman because: Owling with pain

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I agree!

Stop by any time.

Kev

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I think most people on here hold "Vallee" with some degree of respect. So when he comes out with a fact that UFO Sightings wax and wane with the proximity of the Mars/Earth distance. Some 125% higher sightings when Mars is in the close corridor at about fifty million miles. Since most people that report a sighting wouldn't have a clue what the Mars/Earth distance is at the reporting, tends to suggest a valid fact is being overlooked.

Shock horror, if nuts and bolts craft were involved, any Martian survey to Earth would keep the distance travelled down, to minimise the risk, of debris strike. Since anomalous tubes, and UFO's have been seen around the Martian moons and on the Martian surface . I wouldn't be to quick to throw this baby out of the tub.

How unlikely is it that another Earth like planet in the Goldilocks zone, has some kind of advanced civilisation, and the fact is, being toned down because of the previous panic, the realisation has already been proven to have caused.

I

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join