It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Peters: Notorious - Comedy Stand Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Green Card Tour:

Notorious:

This guy is so funny, just needed a laugh and thought i'd share.

edit on 6/2/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Oh I love this guy! He's absolutely hilarious, especially when he polls the audience for different races in attendance...the ones that go "BOOM!" I wonder if he's ever gotten any threats from ones he's made light of (?)!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

He totally cracks me up. And he fairly insults everyone lol. I don't know if he's been threatened, i don't believe so. He's the Epiphany of Free Speech left in this crazy world.

He's a Gen X'r so he remembers what normalacy used to be before the Snowflake Trend began.
edit on 6/2/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Recenly discovered him as well, and find him very funny. I particularly love when he impersonates his dad, the traditional Indian father.

edit on 2-6-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: typo (it is much too early)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Yes he's good, i'm sure his Dad just loves his 'ahem' humor'

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

If you like him, there is an old comedy series from UK called Mind Your Language, which is quite similar in some ways to his stand up. You might like it.

It is set in a language school, with students learning English, and so you have the stereotypes from different nationalities - very un PC, and wrong on so many levels and there is no way it could be made now. Back then it was called humour

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

ah this yes, i vaguely remember it. You're right it wouldn't fly in snowflake land.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

That's the one - still holds up well after all these years, but would have many people up in arms about it if shown today. How things change, eh?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Man, oh, man!
Was talking with my Dad about Russel Peters, we were wondering what he's up to.
Then I opened this thread and couldn't help but play the first video.
I thought I'd watch a minute or two before bed, but it kept me up after 1am this morning!
Work was long and tired today, so thanks for that!
(S+F, for sure)
What a great comedian. And he reminds me of Trevor Noah, or rather, Trevor reminds me of him.
Nothing quite like punching political correctness and racial stereotypes right in the face!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

Nice! and you're welcome

Nothing quite like punching political correctness and racial stereotypes right in the face!

Indeed, and he does a Fabulous job of it

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The World Needs MORE of THIS!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived

That's the one - still holds up well after all these years, but would have many people up in arms about it if shown today. How things change, eh?

yes it wouldn't go over at all, sheesh people are way too sensitive nowadays, it's really getting sad.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

He's good! I ended up watching two of his shows a couple of weeks ago because of your thread.

The stand-ups I like best tend to be too offensive for ATS; guys like Stanhope, Dan Tosh and Jimmy Carr. Bill Burr's cool and a whole bunch of others like Birbiglia etc. They don't have to be offensive to be funny, but I reckon a lot of the best comedians push the boundaries and make people think.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

He's good! I ended up watching two of his shows a couple of weeks ago because of your thread.

The stand-ups I like best tend to be too offensive for ATS; guys like Stanhope, Dan Tosh and Jimmy Carr. Bill Burr's cool and a whole bunch of others like Birbiglia etc. They don't have to be offensive to be funny, but I reckon a lot of the best comedians push the boundaries and make people think.

Oh that's cool, i'd love to go to one myself,I'll bet that was a lot of fun eh?

I'll have to look for those i've not heard of them, sounds good though. Carlin is really good along with Bill Hicks.

Cheers~

new topics

top topics

join