It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Angel down in Smyrna TN,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just got a report that three Fort Hood solider were killed when their vehicle overturned in high waters, six are still missing.

Bad day to be in CONUS it seems.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Links are from Air Force Times and the other Navy Times so makes you wonder why they did that yet won't release the name.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

They won't release the name for 24 hours to allow for family notification and then other family members to be notified. That's why they didn't need to give the number of the Angel out. That aircraft flies a specific position assigned to a specific pilot. By giving that out they just identified the pilot.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Thats what I was saying. They shouldn't give the number if they can't give the name.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

A name has been given, but I'm not going to repeat it until I know if it was from an official source. He was a Marine aviator.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

One of my fb friends is saying the pilot was Captain Jeff Kuss

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

S sad, i have loved the Blue Angels since i was a wee lad. Still to this day one of my favourite songs is Dreams by Van Halen, i used to watch the film clip over and over and over.

R.I.P cool dude in the Bluebird

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
They said two separate witnesses had said it appeared to be a flame-out and the engine(s) appeared to sputter, the plane then couldn't get thrust and went down.

If they were performing the maneuver that it appears to be in the witness video (and the one I posted earlier), then a flame-out would be the worst kind of malfunction during a maneuver where the plane is going very slow. Sounds like maybe birds could have been the culprit. Two engine don't normally malfunction at the same time.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yeah it's Captain Jeff Kuss
www.kiro7.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

He is a hero who shall never be forgotten. May he rest in piece. o7

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

That video looks like he was still working the controls the whole way down instead of just punching out and hoping for the best.

Big set of brass ones on him.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They just had another witness on who said two of the planes were performing the maneuver I posted a video of earlier, then once they separated is when one of the planes had problems and went down.

Another witness that was close to the accident said that the plane was sputtering and could not get thrust and fell out of the sky.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Your video really showed there was a problem!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Just to be clear, that video I posted was the maneuver that was being performed just before the accident. That is not video of today's accident. What you saw in that video is normal.

edit on 2-6-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Oh so the plane going down was normal in the video

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is one reason social media and the media in general piss me off. The Navy has regulations that the crew name or names aren't released for 24 hours after the family is notified for a damn good reason. They need time to themselves and to spread the word to other family members. Now suddenly they're reading on Facebook, and other news sources that their family member is dead three hours later, possibly before the Navy has even told them.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

He didn't go down. He dove to accelerate and then pulled up and back around.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I get it now. That was be plan.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And according to witnesses, it's when they separated and he went down that he couldn't recover and kept going down.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

My mistake on the video.

That maneuver is called the cobra if memory serves. Not a whole hell of a lot of altitude to recover when it's performed at an air show, clearly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join