It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany arrests 3 suspected Syrian terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We hear the theory all the time, that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism, that the refugees are nothing to be concerned about, that terrorism is economically and geopolitically driven. This Idea quickly starts to break down as soon as you investigate just a little, these men came in through the refugee movement, if it were true that this were simply economically driven than wouldn't upon admission to the wonderful societies of the west, these men would disarm themselves and culturally adapt?

Also, if this were just geopolitical, then why do these men use suicide bombing as a tactic? They will never experience the glory of their attack because they will die as well, could it be the doctrine of martyrdom well established in their texts? it's foolish to think this has nothing to do with Islam, and it's foolish to think that the floodgates that were allowed open will not cause havoc and terror in Europe. You decide, let's be greatful the authority's caught them, this time. It will be a better world when religion takes the back seat, and humanities goals are fulfilled through technology, and perhaps we will have peace.

Remember, these people profess that they value death more than we value life, which is why I argue a strong stance must be taken, or we will continue to see the deadly effects of Islamic terrorism.

Washington post

BERLIN — Three Syrian men who entered Germany with a wave of migrants were arrested Thursday on suspicion of planning an Islamic State attack on the city of Düsseldorf, potentially thwarting a deadly operation that appeared eerily reminiscent of the recent assaults on Brussels and Paris.

The suspected plot, German authorities said, involved suicide bombers, firearms and explosives -- a lethal combination that has become the hallmark of a new spat of Islamist terror in Europe. A fourth man, who prosecutors said had informed French officials about the alleged plot, was being held in France.

The plot, officials said, was supposed to involve two suicide bombers. Other assailants “were supposed to kill as many bystanders as possible with guns and other explosive devices,” prosecutors said.

Two of the men were suspected of being active members of the Islamic State, while a third was believed to have at least supported the group. Investigators also suspect that one of the two Islamic State adherents had links to the radical Islamist group Jabhat al-Nusra, which is known as the Syrian affiliate of al-Qaeda.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
We hear the theory all the time, that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism, that the refugees are nothing to be concerned about, that terrorism is economically and geopolitically driven. This Idea quickly starts to break down as soon as you investigate just a little, these men came in through the refugee movement, if it were true that this were simply economically driven than wouldn't upon admission to the wonderful societies of the west, these men would disarm themselves and culturally adapt?

Also, if this were just geopolitical, then why do these men use suicide bombing as a tactic? They will never experience the glory of their attack because they will die as well, could it be the doctrine of martyrdom well established in their texts? it's foolish to think this has nothing to do with Islam, and it's foolish to think that the floodgates that were allowed open will not cause havoc and terror in Europe. You decide, let's be greatful the authority's caught them, this time. It will be a better world when religion takes the back seat, and humanities goals are fulfilled through technology, and perhaps we will have peace.

Remember, these people profess that they value death more than we value life, which is why I argue a strong stance must be taken, or we will continue to see the deadly effects of Islamic terrorism.

Washington post

BERLIN — Three Syrian men who entered Germany with a wave of migrants were arrested Thursday on suspicion of planning an Islamic State attack on the city of Düsseldorf, potentially thwarting a deadly operation that appeared eerily reminiscent of the recent assaults on Brussels and Paris.

The suspected plot, German authorities said, involved suicide bombers, firearms and explosives -- a lethal combination that has become the hallmark of a new spat of Islamist terror in Europe. A fourth man, who prosecutors said had informed French officials about the alleged plot, was being held in France.

The plot, officials said, was supposed to involve two suicide bombers. Other assailants “were supposed to kill as many bystanders as possible with guns and other explosive devices,” prosecutors said.

Two of the men were suspected of being active members of the Islamic State, while a third was believed to have at least supported the group. Investigators also suspect that one of the two Islamic State adherents had links to the radical Islamist group Jabhat al-Nusra, which is known as the Syrian affiliate of al-Qaeda.

Islam prohibits suicide and killing of innocent people.
So, your OP is moot.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

Ah yes the number one apologist has made the first post, so this has nothing to do with Islam, then why do they say it does? And why do they use the doctrine of martyrdom as justification for their attacks? Perhaps your interpretation of Islam is such that it would never allow these atrocities, I'll concede that. However, that does not mean that all see it your way, or even most. Why do you think you speak for all of Islam? I would never suggest Islamic extremists speak for all of Islam, however I will not deny their faith is absolutely tied into their tactics, do you think you are serving some greater good by your overt denial? No you are trying prevent the conversation from taking place.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Whilst the majority of refugees are genuine, I have never doubted the possibility that there were Terrorists amongst the masses. Terrorists that have been told time and time again that to make a martyr of themselves would guarantee them a place in paradise.

These young men are essentially brainwashed to the extent that they believe their destiny is to take out as many people as possible, whilst taking their own lives. Brainwashed by so called religious people who twist the Q'uran for their own purposes and who do not have the balls to carry it out themselves or ask a family member to martyr themselves.

Frightening times ahead for Europe as a result of Geopolitics being played out in the Middle East.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And yet it happens in the name of Allah.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Also, why do you only come into threads like this to defend the honor of Islam, and not celebrate the prevention of mass death that almost certainly would of taken place had the authorities not been diligent. I find that very disturbing.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Fairly certain there was a threat made a few years prior to the mass migration about just this. Terrorist threatened to infiltrate the west under the guise of refugees...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi

So, your OP is moot.

So, where did these people go wrong?

WHO influenced them to go "outside" the beliefs?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Are they sure their Syrian??

Migrants are disguising themselves as Syrians to enter Europe

Many of the asylum seekers tell journalists and aid workers that they are from Syria, even if they are not, under the assumption that a Syrian shoemaker fleeing bombed-out Aleppo will be welcome, while a computer programmer from Kosovo will not be.

Forgive my language but it's a clusterf*** if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

edit on 2-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: Apparantly links from my phone are garbage

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
Fairly certain there was a threat made a few years prior to the mass migration about just this. Terrorist threatened to infiltrate the west under the guise of refugees...

Gaddafi warned Blair his ousting would 'open door' to jihadis

ISIS threatens to send 500,000 migrants to Europe as a 'psychological weapon' in chilling echo of Gaddafi's prophecy that the Mediterranean 'will become a sea of chaos'

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

Gaddafi warned Blair his ousting would 'open door' to jihadis

ISIS threatens to send 500,000 migrants to Europe as a 'psychological weapon' in chilling echo of Gaddafi's prophecy that the Mediterranean 'will become a sea of chaos'

This. Yes. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So, your OP is moot.

Quite apparently, by a preponderance of the evidence (ie. the literally daily suicide bombings and other killings of innocents at the hands of Islamists), a very large and dangerous number of Muslims around this world would disagree with your assessment of the OP.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
And there is the other theory, that secret services and political agendas have nothing to do with terrorism, that people don´t need to be concerned about false flags and lies...

What a luck for the western "security" authorities that everytime only "little Flops, Failures and Fumbles" from those authorities make and made the terror attacks possible.
What a luck for them that there is terror, because without any terror there would be no reason to exist for those authorities.
What a luck for the terrorists that they everytime were tied to secret services, known by them, under observation, because without this connection these terrorists would have been caught before attacking harmless people. Like millions or billions of criminals.
What a luck for those individuals in power, that terrorists don´t attack them anymore, like terrorists did before 9/11, but hunt for innocent citizens nowadays.
What a luck for the "civilized" west that on 9/11, from one second to the other, a whole religion became "bad and evil", because there was no russian bogeyman anymore, but bogeymans are needed, to create the fear that the rulers need to rule.
What a luck for the terrorists that they have been funded and raised, supported by the west, without that support they never had grown that fast and big as they are now.
What a luck that the western military-industrial complex has an ongoing reason to produce weapons, bombs and all that dollar-dollar- killerstuff.
What a luck for big brother that the terrorism gives big brother one alleged reason after another to steal our freedoms, day by day.
What a luck for the terrorists that they don´t have to create fear by themselves anymore, because western politicians, security authorities, mass media does that for them nowadays.

Ok, to make it short, i can´t believe any terror news anymore, how often they killed or caught the thousands of "BinLadens right hands", how often did they arrest "terrorists", made a big story from it, and had to let them run after several hours, because they were no terrorists? How often did we hear stories about people that were guided by those security authorities till they had enough evidence, that they gave to those people by themselves, to bust them then? "Just right before they could start their attack, prevented in the very last second...."

But if really something happens, then you can be sure that "our" "security" authorities let that happen, if they didn´t create it from scratch. Because, ask yourself, who really profits from that terror attacks? The terrorists? How, do they get money, power from killing people in paris? If their only goal is really that they only want to create fear, and nothing else, than it doesn´t work that well. Not unless every single day somewhere in europe happens something.

So, the only one who really profits is big brother, are the rulers, are the rich and powerfull! Big brother rules by fear and missinformation, by total surveillance of all people, by manipulating the reality, by lying!

So, there is not one reason to believe anything "They"(Live xD) want to tell us about terrorism, about who they allegedly cought again, what terror attack the prevented in the very last second again. Because this artificially created terror fear is just a tool to create a 1984ish society, without people protesting and fighting against it, but being thankful for the "security" they get in exchange for their freedoms.

Ah, and what a luck that the majority of the people worldwide believe anything without questioning anything, it just has to be "official", has to come by mass media or facebook...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yet people who are apparently motivated by Islam have done terrible things to innocent people over the past Millennia and a half. Islam did not spread by being nice to people.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I have a friend, he is going through a severe depression and he has a very severe drinking problem as well, the thing is he is christian, and he believes he is being "oppressed" by demons, the issue is that, I cannot logically tell him he is not being "oppressed" by demons, because every bad thing that happens in his world is further evidence of this oppression.

In a similar fashion your viewpoint can always be confirmed, you truly believe in a all powerful nefarious group guiding the world into global slavery, and even an attack foiled is further evidence of this group. I cannot force you logically from this view, but if you truly live in such a world than I can only imagine how depressed and utterly helpless you must feel at the whims of "evil right wing" forces.

Brother, the world is at times very #ty and ugly and often this is messy and convoluted, I urge you to investigate your beliefs further and put them to the test, because I can imagine how such a state of mind personally effects you. With that being said, have a good day take care.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No it doesn't.

Prove it does. With real world evidence.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Ah yes the number one apologist has made the first post, so this has nothing to do with Islam, then why do they say it does? And why do they use the doctrine of martyrdom as justification for their attacks? Perhaps your interpretation of Islam is such that it would never allow these atrocities, I'll concede that.

Those who deny it has this aspect, are the minority - the ones killed in the countries they inhabit.

The reality is, islam is a conquering cult.

reverts will argue against it. We can only hope that one day reverts out number the true believers.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Why don't we just surrender, I mean, seriously.

We have bombings, killings in the name of Allah and still, we get people and political leaders that refuse to point to Islam.

This isn't a fight the west is fighting to win.

The enemy is raping, killing, bombing innocent men, women and children all over the place and we in the west are even too afraid to call it what it is.

The west is a sissy afraid to fight a bully.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Even for the simple statements we make open to public, we'll assume responsibility.
- A prosecutor is obliged to substantiate their asseveration. (A prosecutor cannot say: "Well Judge dawg ya knaw, I meant something else on that capias when I wrote that c'mon...)
- Any citizen of a sovereign state who reports any person, establishment or a governmental department in written documentary is obliged to serve their case clearly.
- Any god that sends a book of 'How to Live Your Life in Every Aspect in 604 Pages*!' that s/he claims it applies until the doomsday, - has to be obliged in the sake of sanity and logic - to make his statements, verses and articles perfectly clear to prevent any subsequent confusions.

In this context, accepting the God of Islam, Allah as an existence sane enough to make his point perfectly clear in his 'forever' book for humanity, we'll take a look to his verses where he talked about the principles of war from the translation of a reliable source 'Sahih International':

+ (8:7) [Remember, O believers], when Allah promised you one of the two groups - that it would be yours - and you wished that the unarmed one would be yours. But Allah intended to establish the truth by His words and to eliminate the disbelievers

+ (8:8) That He should establish the truth and abolish falsehood, even if the criminals disliked it.

=> Does Allah have any idea how dangerous of a statement that is to define the group s/he labeled as 'disbelievers' in 8.7 as criminals as he did in 8.8? And simply to order their execution to his/her followers?

+ (8:11) [Remember] when He overwhelmed you with drowsiness [giving] security from Him and sent down upon you from the sky, rain by which to purify you and remove from you the evil [suggestions] of Satan and to make steadfast your hearts and plant firmly thereby your feet.

+ (8:12) [Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

=> ... I know right?..

+ (5:32) Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

=> Phew... Finally! I told you that Allah doesn't approve of killing!!! Oh wait it says something more about it just below...

+ (5:33) Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment!

=> -____-. "Look at me you racist, you are trying to give Islam a bad image by using the terrorists but terrorists do not represent the real face of a religion. In this verse Allah is obviously being a terro..... My phone is ringing and I gotta go, bye!"

Even the name of the first 'Surah' I quoted was 'The Spoils of War'. Qoran is from the original source of violent and inhumane Abrahamic Gospels just like the True Bible as the Old Testament and the Torah. Therefor it has a lot to say on war. I can come up with many more verses from Qoran on war, yet it has already been a long post so...

Sincerely,
Radovan Pianoman

edit on 2-6-2016 by Radovan because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2016 by Radovan because: Grammar

<<   2  3 >>

join