It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Tennessee Klan Supporters Protest King Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Members of the Tennessee Ku Klux Klan protested outside of a diversity festival being held to celebrate the Martin Luther King holiday weekend. The protesters stayed inside the designated protest zones and waved signs with slogans such as "Multiculturalism Destroys Diversity" and "Integration is an abomination"

story.news.yahoo.com
NEWPORT, Tenn. - A small group of Ku Klux Klansmen and their supporters demonstrated Saturday against a local daylong tribute to racial diversity and harmony during the Martin Luther King holiday weekend.

About 30 white supremacists gathered, some wearing Klan robes, for two hours in a designated protest zone outside Newport's fourth annual Diversity Festival. They waved signs saying "Multiculturalism Destroys Diversity" and "Integration is an abomination."

That is the great thing about America, we can all disagree," said Randy Gray, a local Klan supporter and organizer. The Klansmen came mostly from Tennessee, Kentucky and North Carolina.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A Ms. Brittany Thompson, an 18 year old resident of North Carolina, summed my thoughts up about this even best: "Ignorant, I never knew it existed. I just thought it was in the movies — that there are people like this". However, I am supportive of thier constitutional rights to protest thier views. In fact, by and large, the more they do it, the more ridiculous they seem.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I will love to see the ancestry of all these Klan members it will be fun just to seek them out specially if they are from german decent what an Irony that will be.

It would be something else just to see where their grandaddies came from.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Would not want to do that
Might be a few surprises in the old closet eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
"Multiculturalism Destroys Diversity"

What the Freaking hell do they think diversity is??

it is discusting that in this day and age there are still people with these personal beliefs and values.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Racial Harmony? Are you kidding me? There is NO RACIAL HARMONY! Go walk through the non-white side of town and tell me how harmonious it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Racial Harmony? Are you kidding me? There is NO RACIAL HARMONY! Go walk through the non-white side of town and tell me how harmonious it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Keep your friends close, your enemas closer.

Plus they're so damn funny!
If your kids ever ask why brother and sister shouldn't marry...

But I support their right to protest unequivocally.

Radio host Howard Stern used to have `the KKK Guy' on his show. People would complain but I think having him there showed the audience that it's still out there and what it looks like.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I will love to see the ancestry of all these Klan members it will be fun just to seek them out specially if they are from german decent what an Irony that will be.

It would be something else just to see where their grandaddies came from.

You don't have to look too hard, they probably all have the same grandaddies, although their mothers were probably all of his sisters.

That's how they roll down in them parts.

I just love watching a good Klan gatereing, the more they talk, the dumber they sound. It's great for a few laughs!

You have to stand back a bit while you listen, they tend to spray alot when they talk.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There are more pressing issues of our time then the color of someones skin. News like this just makes me want to do a double facepalm.

top topics

join