It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash your feggin hands people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I eat on the run a lot during work hours. And my hands usually get very dirty. I always carry around a bottle of hand sanitizer and a roll of disinfecting wipes for when I can't get to some soap and a sink.

I just won't eat with my hands unless they are clean. I'm not about to start putting god-knows-what in my mouth; especially after shaking your hand. Yeah, it's probably not a big deal, but...no, just. no.

I find it incredibly disgusting when people eat without cleaning their hands. I see it a lot in co-workers, public restaurants, meeting new friends, and family etc.

Why? Why do people do this? I hope their immune systems are all the better for all that exposure. Part of the reason I am careful with hand-washing is because my immune system is not that excellent.

It's sickening. WASH YOUR HANDS! Don't even get me started on post-bathroom habits. I actually saw one guy come from a stall, go into the mirror, and slick back his hair. WASH YOUR FEGGIN' HANDS PEOPLE!

I am curious what other disgusting, but benign, habits you notice in people. I'll concede one of mine right now. My allergies are usually going crazy and my nose is either stuffy or runny. I am one of those perpetual sniffers.

edit on 1-6-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jun 5 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: All caps title!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I wish the custom of handshakes would die already.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I eat food off the ground and I rarely get sick. Germs only kill you if you are an invading Martian.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I eat food off the ground and I rarely get sick. Germs only kill you if you are an invading Martian.

It's more a mental hurdle than a concern for germs and disease. Teach me your ways, o wise sage.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
It's more a mental hurdle than a concern for germs and disease. Teach me your ways, o wise sage.

The well known and scientific 'Five Second Rule', which, if you are a little drunk, often turns into the 'Who Cares How Long? Rule'.

edit on 1-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

The well know and scientific 'Five Second Rule', which, if you are a little drunk, often turns into the 'Who Cares How Long? Rule'.

So if I dropped a donut in a construction site porta-john...you'd still fish that out while I counted 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi...?

5-second rule is for people who ain't washin' their hands.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

How much liquor did I consume first and did they use that minty blue stuff in the john?

+25 more 
link   
Hand sanitizers give you a false sense of security and are rarely used correctly. Frequent use of hand sanitizers is a marker for OCD: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, a serious mental illness. If you see someone freak out about "germs" and using hand sanitizer, just smile sweetly and walk slowly to a safe distance. These people are not normal and being around them can affect your own sanity.

+20 more 
link   
An immune system needs practice!
Without practice it becomes weak and we end up with a constantly runny nose!

Stop with all the CLEAN nonsense, eat some germs and become healthy!

link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha I'm so with you on this. I carry around the wet wipes and or hand sanitizers for when I eat out on the go. I've seen too many gross, messy hand to nose cases that i won't gross anyone out with by going into detail with. i wash my hands with soap and water at home too... A lot.
i have a mild case of OCD, but am getting better and not changing every stitch of clothing when i get home after being in public.
Washing the hands though, is good for all and i will never back down from this.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well I'm a little bit OCD, you're a little bit rock 'n' roll.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Hand sanitizers give you a false sense of security and are rarely used correctly. Frequent use of hand sanitizers is a marker for OCD: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, a serious mental illness. If you see someone freak out about "germs" and using hand sanitizer, just smile sweetly and walk slowly to a safe distance. These people are not normal and being around them can affect your own sanity.

I think I have ocd because I feel compelled to star your post.

link   
I don't think you would want to come to my house. My 86 year-old mother-in-law live with us. She bathes only about once a week. I can't stand going in to her room because I have to touch her filthy, sticky doorknob to get in. One of the things she does to "keep busy" and "be useful" is unload the dishwasher every day (without washing her hands, of course, even though I tell her to do it all the time).

I'm the cook in the house and when I'm ready to serve dinner, I have to re-wash every dish before I use it.

/rant

link   

I'm definitely one of those "high immunity" people, so I dont think twice about picking up a sandwich without cleaning my hands directly before. That being said, do what feels comfortable to you, don't get caught up in what works (or maybe doesn't work) for others.

My hygiene pet peeve is when people have long unkempt nails. I love long manicured nails, but if you just grow them and grow them and they are yellow/dirty/gnarly...I'll likely suggest some manicure tips. Heck, I'll even manicure them for you.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Last time I flew out to LA I sat next to these two wackadoodles who sanitized non-stop. They wiped everything down from the seats to the magazines. The nutty women even wiped down a re-sealable almond bag before she put it back in her purse.

They asked me if I wanted some several times.

Must have been all the fake coughing I was doing.

edit on 1-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

link   
a reply to: schuyler

I lived with someone for ten long years with OCD, everything you said is 100% true!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Also.... you'll love this one....

Last weekend I took our son to a birthday party at a bowling ally. After a few rounds of bowling (you know, holding those filthy bowling balls) it was time for the little ones to have some pizza (you know, a food that you eat with your hands). I was shocked that I was the ONLY parent that took their kid to the restroom to wash his hands prior to eating.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You just never know where the odd nasty pathogen may be lurking. You could be oh-so fastidious about hygiene all day long, then wham! You're in the emergency room.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I just picked a giant boogey and put it on your screenname.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I wish the custom of handshakes would die already.

Me too. I cringe when somebody puts out their hand. God only knows where it's been. If I end up having to shake hands I immediately wash mine afterwards.

What's really gross is sweaty hands! If you know your hands sweat then don't offer them to be touched!

on topic of hand washing, I cannot abide people who bring their garbage cans in and get right into their cars, touching the steering wheel, dropping by the fast food drive through and eating with all that filth in their hands, passing food over to their children. The garbage men have been touching everyone else's cans all day long and Lord knows what got thrown out and transferred onto them before they touched yours. I honestly know of no other people who wash their hands after this, except my own family! Filthy pigs!

Another thing is walking around barefoot, I cringe on that one as well. Then they sit on my furniture with their black feet and I'm wondering will they get into bed with those filthy feet.
I've seen people walk into public toilets with bare feet , stepping in pee and whatnot.

Another thing I hate is people who come over, have a cup of cofffe, then think they're helping out by hand washing the cup in the sink and plonking it on top of my clean dishes drying on the rack. I have to re-wash all of them! The cup smells like a wet dog since all they did was give it a quick rinse.

Ok I think I'm done!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join