It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Christians duped; fails terribly!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Deuteronomy 21:22 “And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain all night on the tree, but you shall bury him the same day, for a hanged man is cursed by God. You shall not defile your land that the LORD your God is giving you for an inheritance.” [ESV]

High treason was punnished with being nailed to a tree in the time of Joshua.

Joshua 10:26 “And afterward Joshua struck them and put them to death, and he hanged them on five trees. And they hung on the trees until evening.”

So. If Jesus was cursed by by God for being nailed to a cross/tree, what does that say about the ones who are drinking his blood and eating his flesh? Cursed?

Revelation 16:6 “For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and you [Jesus] have given them blood to drink. It is what they deserve!”
edit on 31-5-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I think you are taking things from a book of questionable origins too literal. I also think that you aren't going to figure out anything new. Good luck with your Christian bashing.

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Jesus didn't commit any crimes, much less any punishable by death. A hanged man is cursed because of the crimes he committed, not simply because he is hung. He is hung because he is cursed, not cursed because he is hung.

Jesus was totally innocent, and He died the death of the lowest of criminals because He had spoken truth and upset the established order of things. The Pharisees lied left and right just to get Him arrested, then lied even more when He went to trial.

And besides, even if Jesus was deaerving of dewth, the verse says to take the hanged man down the same day. Jesus' body was removed the same day.

edit on 31-5-2016 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Nah, I'd say Christians overlook some quite basic dilemmas in their worship and the core of modern Saulean Christianity are taught to be tossers and cry crucify crucify!.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeramie

Jesus didn't commit any crimes

He did steal a donkey and performed high teason before he and his posse broke into a fasionable home and ate and drank until he poisoned his accountant, went to hide out in the park, and then resisted arrest and performed an armed assault on a police officer. That and a bunch of other things Christians overlook. Jesus was anything but innocent. If we include the apocrypha, Jesus was also a killer.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Jesus was not pinned to a tree, nor cursed by God.

A tree is by definition, a plant with roots in the ground, leaves or other foliage to capture sunlight for photosynthesis, and some form of bark around its trunk. Once it has been bought down, or a piece is removed from it, that which no longer has a root, that which is shaped by human hand, it is no longer that tree, but something else. It could become a doorframe, or a gallows, or a cross, but it can never be a tree again. Even a piece of wood cut into the shape of a tree, will never be a tree again once it is taken from the Earth and rendered into lumber, no matter how you gussy it up.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think you are taking things from a book of questionable origins too literal. I also think that you aren't going to figure out anything new. Good luck with your Christian bashing.

Says the one that once made a thread called "All Muslims Must Be Assumed To Be Dangerous" ... As long as you don't bash Christians right?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Jesus was not pinned to a tree, nor cursed by God.

Galatians 3:13 « Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— »

A tree is by definition, a plant with roots in the ground

In english perhaps, but in Hebrew a pole, a cross, a tree or anything erect called Etz. Translated «Tree».

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I wonder what the bible would be like if it was written in common tounge. No hidden meanings and nothing interpretable.

Well, I guess you couldn't control and divide the masses with something like that..

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I do not give a toss if it is written in alien script on the inside of my skull. A tree is only a tree while it remains a tree. The moment it is deconstructed, it ceases to be a tree.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
Deuteronomy 21:22 “And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain all night on the tree, but you shall bury him the same day, for a hanged man is cursed by God. You shall not defile your land that the LORD your God is giving you for an inheritance.” [ESV]

So, people would be punished by death, and then hung on a tree? If so, how come they hung them up after they were killed? I'm just curious.

Also, I wonder what "all night" and "same day" meant exactly. As in, it was evening when the 5 people were taken down so maybe that would not count as "all night".

I'm neither here nor there. I'm still figuring out what I believe. I'm just curious about these couple of details. In the sense that what you say is hypothetically true.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yeah but those were just misdemeanors and don't really stay on your record.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I was duped into thinking this would be an intelligent grown up respectful discussion about religion

Looks like ats tricked me again

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I was duped into thinking this would be an intelligent grown up respectful discussion about religion

Looks like ats tricked me again

When it starts out with a bible verse, you know the thread is doomed.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jeramie

Not only that but it is quite plain that God's wrath fell on the Jews with the destruction of the temple and the diaspora out of the Holy Land. It is only in very recent times that we see any kind of a gathering back together of that heritage in any form and any kind of flowering of those lands.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

In that time, a condemned person would be displayed after, or during their execution to deter others from following in their footsteps.

Some historic references to display of the condemned include pirates hung till skeletonised as a warning to other pirates, traitors caged outside the city walls until they rot, heads on pikes, and many other such examples. The practice may have had a doctrinal origin, but is not entirely unique to religious ritual or practice of the period or geography concerned.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Although the premise of your thread and a lot of the other conclusions you have posted throughout ATS are incorrect, your curiosity is to be appreciated. Most don't have that. The Truth is going to be the complete antithesis to what our parental generations have surmised, so at first the Bible may seem contradictory and confusing, but with diligent study it will begin to make sense. Take your curiosity, and like Solomon, ask for knowledge, and if you are persistently pious and righteous in your search, you will find the Answer:

And Jesus said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death...Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]" Gospel of Thomas

edit on 31-5-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?[a] 4 Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? 6 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[c]

7 Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. 8 Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”[d] 9 So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”[e] 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”[f] 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.”[g] 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”[h] 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Galatians 3: 3-14

You are quoting the law about hanging people in trees. The righteous live by faith, and Christ came to free us to live by that covenant. Verses 10-14 address this. The paradox is that if God told Abraham that the righteous will live by faith and the law is not based in faith, then the law is a curse or reason to lie under divine vengeance.

When it says "Cursed is he who hangs on a pole," it uses the same meaning ... as in divine vengenace or justice. As has been established, Jesus has done nothing to deserve laying under God's divine justice or vengeance on that pole. It isn't being hung that brings about the curse. God did not say ... don't get hung on the tree or I will curseth thee. God said when one is cursed and ready for my judgment, hang him on the tree.

So what curse falls on the one hung without being deserving of such treatment?

In this case, He becomes the spotless lamb who atones for all of us and frees us from ever having to be judged under that law and so many others ever again.
edit on 31-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Xtians are about as stupid as it gets. Let's try these ones out, shall we?

1. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Yeah right! LOL (No examples needed for this craziness) But, I can't hold back! I'm sure Jesus and god are soooooooo happy that G. W. Bush "blessed" and "loved" Saddam and the 1,000,000 innocent people he murdered!!!!!!!

2. Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE Jesus on a crucifix is graven. Uh... and I think he's in heaven, right, retards??? So is every statue of the "virgin" Mary. Oh, and all the statues of the saints and apostles, too!!! RETARDS! ALL OVER EVERY SINGLE CHURCH and THE VATICAN!!! Way to go Pimp Pope!

3. And my favorite... If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. ... If someone
slaps you on your right cheek, turn your other cheek to him as well. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right! I'll be sure to tell that to the xtian cop next time I slap their face!!!!!!!!! What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could go on with this for two days straight! IDIOCY!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 31-5-2016 by amihotCD because: spelling

edit on 31-5-2016 by amihotCD because: wrong word

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In this case, He becomes the spotless lamb who atones for all of us and frees us from ever having to be judged under that law and so many others ever again.

Great post. Through the Old Testament the people would sacrifice first born animals to atone for their sins - this would temporarily attenuate sin. When Abraham obliged to sacrifice Isaac, his firstborn son, this put him closer to God than ever because it was a preconception of the eventual sacrifice of God's first Son (Jesus) which would ameliorate the curse and would open the door back to Paradise.
edit on 31-5-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join