It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One for the Queen Fans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Crazy video from a great band.
Gotta love Puscifer...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Awesome thanks for sharing.

I do indeed love Puscifer . Seen them live twice... Thrice if you count the top of hill just outside of a festival in Tempe ...

Definitely not a gimmick band regardless of what some haters may say...

If you've never seen/heard the "What is Puscifer...?" (I think that's what it's called..) live Dvd/album you're missing out.. Some of the best versions of their songs are on that show.

a reply to: Ruiner1978

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure I'm not listening to Freddie Mercury, or Queen... Where's the great band? Who did this performance? It isn't Queen.

THIS IS QUEEN

FAIL....
Because nothing can compare to the original..

ONE more to get the bad taste out...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Here Here,

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Gotta love Puscifer

No , not at all.
The Gods of rock will not be pleased.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Awesome thanks for sharing.

I do indeed love Puscifer . Seen them live twice... Thrice if you count the top of hill just outside of a festival in Tempe ...

Definitely not a gimmick band regardless of what some haters may say...

If you've never seen/heard the "What is Puscifer...?" (I think that's what it's called..) live Dvd/album you're missing out.. Some of the best versions of their songs are on that show.

Yeah it's called What Is, it's their only one I don't have. Will be getting it at some point.
The latest album Money Shot is a cracker. The fact it features Paul Barker of Ministry and Revolting Cocks fame on bass is reason enough to buy it.

Not seen Puscifer live, I've seen Tool numerous times and A Perfect Circle though.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Gotta love Puscifer

No , not at all.
The Gods of rock will not be pleased.

Oh come now...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yup, The Gods of Rock just spoke to me from high above, they feel betrayed.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There are only three acceptable covers of that song...

1. The Muppets...

2. This Clown from America's Got Talent...

3. Adam Lambert with QUEEN - Bohemian Rhapsody

Otherwise You Stay with The Original That can Never Be Topped

And Just to break up the Monotony of that one song over and over here is a good Real Queen.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

That's more like it , that I like.
The bohemian rhapsody cover is bland and misconceived , the video gives the impression it's a parody rather then a serious cover.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
How about this one? Lol

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
OK I just watched the video(the second one), OK my bad, judged a bit too quickly. Not a bad band.
I am a Tool fan as well. Great live performance. I saw them at an early Lalapalooza Festival in N California Bay Area. Circa Undertow. Insane show from ten feet in front of the small stage(better than the main stage at Shoreline...70+yds from the stage, stupid setup)
SO, in the future I will look into Puscifer. And for that thank you.

That said..they did terrible injustice to "Bohemian Rhapsody". Really IF you/they can do it better than Queen, by all means do their song better. IF not, don't touch it. It is considered sacred to many. And in my opinion they FAILED... I doubt it will ever be possible. That song stands on it's own for eternity.
Most cover songs I consider terrible, dilutes the effort of the original. But there have been exceptions.
Again sorry for the fast judgement of Puscifer (not their version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" I stand by that verdict)

edit on 5/30/2016 by jappee because: Comma, comma, comma chameleon...too many commas

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I was going to ask if your name was a NIN reference..

Also to the poster above, '39 is one of my favored queen tunes.

Sometimes it's tough to not take music too seriously... Covers and parodies are often a good thing. The queen thing is ballsy for some reason some folks consider certain bands and songs too sacred to mess with.. Which I think is silly.. Especially considering all those bands got started by basically doing he same thing with the musicians they loved...

It's supposed to be fun, right?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
OK I just watched the video(the second one), OK my bad, judged a bit too quickly. Not a bad band.
I am a Tool fan as well. Great live performance. I saw them at an early Lalapalooza Festival in N California Bay Area. Circa Undertow. Insane show from ten feet in front of the small stage(better than the main stage at Shoreline...70+yds from the stage, stupid setup)
SO, in the future I will look into Puscifer. And for that thank you.

That said..they did terrible injustice to "Bohemian Rhapsody". Really IF you/they can do it better than Queen, by all means do their song better. IF not, don't touch it. It is considered sacred to many. And in my opinion they FAILED... I doubt it will ever be possible. That song stands on it's own for eternity.
Most cover songs I consider terrible, dilutes the effort of the original. But there have been exceptions.
Again sorry for the fast judgement of Puscifer (not their version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" I stand by that verdict)

I hear what you're saying and you're right.
But that vid is hilarious. Puscifer can be very tongue in cheek at times. I find it refreshing when a band doesn't take themselves too seriously and can just have fun with something.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

Who knew...Thus I might have to agree..mostly. These are just my opinions, results may vary...

1. The Muppets...

The Muppets get a CLEAR pass, just because they're the Muppets.(and because ANIMAL!)

Almost like he is channeling Freddie. So it's in the right spirit. And isn't it a rule the performed songs in this contest are ONLY cover songs? A marginal pass.

Clearly most of the original band is present, and apparently this is a live tribute performance, to Freddie. Again a full pass.

EXACTLY!

And Just to break up the Monotony of that one song over and over here is a good Real Queen.

Thank you, CoBaZ

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

1. The Muppets...

I accept all 3 of those covers, especially the muppets

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Maybe you should have titled this thread differently.
"One for the Queen Fans'"....hmm
Not only will attract real Queen fans to this thread, who will be critical of the topic(look at my response). But may also feel betrayed(subliminally),by not finding any authentic Queen content within.
Might have started better with the words "Puscifer" "Queen cover" somewhere in the title.

edit on 5/30/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I was going to ask if your name was a NIN reference..

Also to the poster above, '39 is one of my favored queen tunes.

Sometimes it's tough to not take music too seriously... Covers and parodies are often a good thing. The queen thing is ballsy for some reason some folks consider certain bands and songs too sacred to mess with.. Which I think is silly.. Especially considering all those bands got started by basically doing he same thing with the musicians they loved...

It's supposed to be fun, right?

Yep my screen name is taken from one of my all time favourite tracks.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Maybe you should have titled this thread differently.
"One for the Queen Fans'"....hmm
Not only will attract real Queen fans to this thread, who will be critical of the topic(look at my response). But may also feel betrayed(subliminally),by not finding any authentic Queen content within.
Might have started with better with the words "Puscifer" "Queen cover" somewhere in the title.

Yeah but where would the fun in that be?

I'm a Queen fan myself. Own all their studio albums.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So your a fan of NIN, and Ministry. KMFDM perhaps? I will seriously give Puscifer a chance. Got any more of the same strain?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join