It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minecraft Textures and Shaders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So what texture packs and/or shaders do you use with your Minecraft? Mine tend to vary a bit depending upon my mood, and of course each time Minecraft updates, I have to roll back until the modders that make the packs are able to update them (if they get updated).

For those that may not be familiar with what I'm talking about, here is "vanilla" Minecraft with it's default textures and no shaders:

Now here is the same shot only with a texture pack. This one is the S&K Photorealism Texture Pack, which is still a work in progress (the GUI and some items are still default textures):

But for me, I simply LOVE using shaders with realistic lighting and water. Here I'm using Sildur's Vibrant Shader Pack, that also includes wavy grass and trees. Realistic sky, sun and moon:

Another texture pack I like to use is Chroma Hills RPG . It's more cartoony than realistic, but it gives the game a very distinct look that I love:

A couple of other texture packs I've liked to use in the past were Misa's Realistic, but it's not been updated in so long, I'm not sure if it will ever be again.

Also, Backyard Craft is pretty good....except the villagers.....they creep me out with that texture pack, and the new sounds they make!

So what, if any, do you guys out there like to use?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
Built this last week on my iPhone, never used a texture pack. Thank you! I will check them out!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Very cool looking!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Have used Sidur's and a few shaders, much prefer the look, but am waiting to upgrade my ram to 16 gig the 8 isn't all that useful. And only swing into minecraft for a while when I'm really stressed, it helps de stress when you can at least solve some problems your way.

Also I don't update. I like using multimc so you can choose whatever version you want. I like good mods and 1.7.10 has the best. Pam's harvest mods are exceptional and there quite a few others that are wonderful like zan's minimap. Vanilla is pretty ugly to me.
edit on 28-5-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So are your worlds. Great thread!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Different view.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If I could run it i would be all about shaders. Sadly my laptop is not up to it. But I do like using different tex packs. Right now my favorite one to use is this pencil art one. here is a pic of a mansion I built. imgur.com...

I would post the pics on here if I knew how.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Beautiful building!!! Love it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Where is Zaph? Airplanes and Ships

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Airplanes in the sky

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Awesome ships dude.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Thanks, I love the mansion really cool and you put a ton of detail into you art, I call it art because it was your vision!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Synchronicity has struck me again!
I had the urge to play Minecraft yesterday, first time in a year or so and joined a server. And now here's an ATS Minecraft thread!!

I don't use shaders, a bit too heavy for my 750ti, but the texture pack I use is Pure DBCraft. I used to use the more realistic packs, but, they annoyed my eyes after while. Pure DBCraft seemed to have just the right amount of cartooniness to it!

Haven't done much since yesterday, but here is my ruin
I plan to build my base underneath it, hehe.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Just beautiful Kaelci!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Towers and houses with a race track

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I just started using the shaders. No way the rig I had back when I first started playing (ver 1.1 I think) could of handled it. But the machine I have now can just fine.

There's a mod for ruins, rather it spawns with a new map various ruins for you to find, everything from small homes, to temples, ships and even air balloons. I've not had a chance to try it out though, so I'm not too sure how good it is.

I'd not played Minecraft in so long that when I went back, my son was like: He, let's go to the Nether.

I was like: What? The what?

Then he told me about dragons and I was again like: WHAT????

When I played, villages were just buildings and there was no NPCs, hehehehe.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Very cool on those planes and ships!

I think Zaph would get a kick out of them!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I wouldn't update myself, but I like it when they keep adding new stuff.

All the new biomes they have now, all the new structures (desert temples, jungle temples, sea monuments) are fun for me to go find and explore.

The Mushroom islands were a big surprise with the Mooshrum Cows. Ice Spikes in the frozen biomes.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Zaph would enjoy the airplanes. I have never met a person who knows every detail about almost every airplane.!

View of a ship from the stern.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Last post, I don't want to spam your thread.
Castles

<<   2 >>

join