It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late night, unannounced military exercise in my town tonight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
fox59.com...

This wasn't in the middle of nowhere, it's a fairly highly populated area, right outside downtown indianapolis and nobody was warned. I woke up to what sounded like bombs going off and people near the hospital where it took place said they saw people grappling down the old hospital and they were all armed.

(As a side note, not that I necessarily believe this, but this took place about 5 minutes from a place that has had FEMA camp rumors for years. (it's an old train station that has ten foot high walls and barbed wire with security walking around all day.)

edit on 24-5-2016 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bodhi7

Get pics/footage if you are able. There are many events pointing to this.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Wow rappelling down the side of the hospital? That's some serious training. I'm interested to hear more about this. Careful out there.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I've not heard of training exercises including bomb sounds before.

And up hospital walls? Must be for the virus they are planning to spread after the Olympics.
Oops sorry. I mean it must be planning for the virus that may spread after the Olympics.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Holy cow! I've never heard of such a thing...

Police say this was training exercise was scheduled and there is no threat to anyone in the area

Unannounced though? Waking up to gunshots, explosions, & helicopters and they didn't even give residents forewarning? Sounds messed up..

The FEMA camp thing is also an interesting tidbit.. thank you for sharing Bodhi

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sounds like demolition of an old building.
They took down a decrepit old apartment about a mile from my house two weeks ago. Same thing. Big boom early in the morning. We felt it at our house. No military though and this area of the mid Atlantic is full of military installations.
It was probably a demolition.

P.S. FEMA camps really?
edit on 5242016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

To me it now sounds more like a test of propaganda.

If they were going to demolish a building they needn't do it in the dead of night. With helicopters. With soldiers scaling the walls of hospitals.

So training is their official story ..and it makes no sense whatsoever.. but perhaps it does.

What kind of government scares the hell out of it's own people for "training purposes"? One that does not care about scaring the hell out of it's own people.

..and people turn and say "oh it was training and we weren't under attack? Gee that is a relief".

I'd like to know exactly what scenario they were training for if they thought it was worth traumatizing people. Doing that at a hospital? That scenario only points to biological warfare training. It is little wonder they did it during the night and didn't tell them as they would be effectively admitting that the public would be the enemy if they were carrying a contagion. To be honest I am not sure if I agree with them not disclosing that or not as that would be the reality of it.

Morally I don't given there is a class war on ..but if I were a government official then I might as revealing that to the public would piss them off.
edit on 24-5-2016 by riley because: for the afterthought

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The people who reported knocks on the door ahead of time are probably not real. This sounds like something was being attacked. Reminds me too of the story in the Great Lakes area when the guys tree was cut in half in his driveway and a loud explosion, something was being chased by military.

We have a secret war going on but we can all go ahead and believe the story that makes us feel secure.
edit on 24-5-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: riley

It's called realistic training. They are training how to secure large buildings. The fact that it's a hospital only plays a small role. They have few opportunities to train like that on real buildings, with secure doors, and that size. It would be prohibitively expensive to build something like that for them to use on a military base so they're taking advantage of it while they can.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I remember years ago, the Cadets used to do this, for personal training.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

My AFJROTC unit was down below the main level of the school so we had a natural rappelling wall.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think this is extremely stupid, not notifying the people who live in the area. The police station would be flooded with calls from concerned citizens which uses 911 resources. And hey, what if it were an invasion of some sort, a real threat or a gang war? "Ahhhhh Dianne, go back to sleep, it's probably just a military exercise." Where's the alarm? Can you imagine if people thought the Oklahoma City bombing or the Boston Bombing or ANY inner city bombing, or gang gun fights were just military exercises? It is illogical to not warn citizens of these exercises.

In fact, IIRC, people reacted slowly to the Boston bombings because they didn't realize it was a real live situation. The confusion should not have existed.

edit on 24-5-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

City officials knew about this in March but didn't make efforts to let anyone know about it until it started.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Do you have a source on that?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I also heard about this on the news!!!! a military exercise in a residential area?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Thankyou. Watching it was ..illuminating.

"the overall best for people.."

Indeed that is subjective and as he said "a fine line". He may think saying sorry after the fact makes it all better but I personally think the public should demand those fine lines not get crossed as it sets precedents. His body language also didn't resonate with any sincerity. I do not see any logical reason to keep the public out of the loop unless the public not knowing is part of a training program.

At least police gave a couple of hours notice.. seeing gun fire in a hospital ward would scare the crap out of people walking by. The guy had a good point about potentially scaring people into having heart attacks. Training or not I call this whole debacle inflicting terror.

edit on 25-5-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2016 by riley because: grammar

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: riley
a reply to: GoShredAK

I've not heard of training exercises including bomb sounds before.

Mortar simulators, baby!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: riley
a reply to: Sillyolme

To me it now sounds more like a test of propaganda.

If they were going to demolish a building they needn't do it in the dead of night. With helicopters. With soldiers scaling the walls of hospitals.

We did a college once during holidays. Rappelling down brick walls is a lot weirder than terrain.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Nice.

We used to do gun practice at the cadet hall but there are lots of places to practice. War games was always fun, always up the mountain though, more room for it.
edit on 5/28/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join