It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Representative: 'It's very clear [Clinton] should be indicted'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

"[FBI] Director [James] Comey is a pretty straight up guy, and I don't think he'll pull any punches," Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican, told the Washington Examiner on Tuesday. "But I could also see him avoiding a controversy by just saying, here's all the evidence, it's not our job to indict, that's up to the attorney general. And so we're just laying out the evidence."

"I think there's plenty of evidence on which to indict her," Gohmert added. "If you can go after [General] Petraeus... they went after everything to try to go after him. "With Hillary, as long as she doesn't criticize Obama, I don't see her being indicted, even though the evidence is quite strong and it's very clear she should be indicted."

"But if she were to turn around and start criticizing Obama herself, I could see her being indicted very quickly," Gohmert said.
Lawmaker predicts FBI will stay silent on Clinton indictment

Putting the pieces together:

“I think [Clinton] is vulnerable, but whether she enjoys what I call ‘elite immunity,’ we don’t know. For much lesser violations people have lost their jobs. But when you get to the higher ranks, it’s like another set of rules.”
Former NSA Director Michael Hayden: I Would Be Surprised If Foreign Intelligence Services Were Not Snooping Around With Hillary Clinton's Emails

Above are the opinions of two men who should be considered experts on matters such as Clinton's legal problems. One is a Democrat, and one is a Republican. They both say that Clinton should be indicted, but she probably won't be indicted because of her elite status.

More experts are chiming in:

Hillary Clinton is gaining more critics as her FBI investigation drags on, with one former agent and district attorney now saying that there is widespread disbelief within the agency about why it hasn’t been wrapped up yet.
Hillary Clinton FBI Investigation: Most Within The FBI 'Cannot Comprehend' Why Investigation Has Not Been Concluded

Here's my open letter to the FBI agents mentioned in the quote directly above:

You should pay attention to the "conspiracy theorists" who have been trying to warn you that you work for the devil.

Why does basically everyone think they can make a deal with the devil and win?

The following is a good synopsis of the FBI's investigation of Clinton:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

"[FBI] Director [James] Comey is a pretty straight up guy, and I don't think he'll pull any punches," Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican, told the Washington Examiner on Tuesday. "But I could also see him avoiding a controversy by just saying, here's all the evidence, it's not our job to indict, that's up to the attorney general. And so we're just laying out the evidence."

"I think there's plenty of evidence on which to indict her," Gohmert added. "If you can go after [General] Petraeus... they went after everything to try to go after him. "With Hillary, as long as she doesn't criticize Obama, I don't see her being indicted, even though the evidence is quite strong and it's very clear she should be indicted."

"But if she were to turn around and start criticizing Obama herself, I could see her being indicted very quickly," Gohmert said.
Lawmaker predicts FBI will stay silent on Clinton indictment

Putting the pieces together:

“I think [Clinton] is vulnerable, but whether she enjoys what I call ‘elite immunity,’ we don’t know. For much lesser violations people have lost their jobs. But when you get to the higher ranks, it’s like another set of rules.”
Former NSA Director Michael Hayden: I Would Be Surprised If Foreign Intelligence Services Were Not Snooping Around With Hillary Clinton's Emails

There are two men who should be considered experts on matters such as Clinton's legal problems. One is a Democrat and one is a Republican. They both say that Clinton should be indicted but she probably won't be indicted because of her elite status.

More experts are chiming in:

Hillary Clinton is gaining more critics as her FBI investigation drags on, with one former agent and district attorney now saying that there is widespread disbelief within the agency about why it hasn’t been wrapped up yet.
Hillary Clinton FBI Investigation: Most Within The FBI 'Cannot Comprehend' Why Investigation Has Not Been Concluded

Here's my open letter to the FBI mentioned in the quote directly above:

You should pay attention to the "conspiracy theorists" who have been trying to warn you that you work for the devil.

Why does basically everyone think they can make a deal with the devil and win?

Lovie gomert is a gomer pile..he is mildly mentally disabled...

If you look at all these quotes, they are either for constantly caught lying republican shills or Fox News analysts, dropping hints and innuendo, afraid they will be sued for slander if they say false informatiin.

Conservative media is the laughing stock of the WORLDS media sources...

There are only 2 choices when conservative Fox News types are concerned...

Either all the worlds media, scientists, Hollywood, teachers, college professors, exc, are in a vast conspiracy to make one political party, in one country look bad...

Or Fox News types are the main ones lying..

Vast conspiracy by thousands upon thousands of different people and companies, most of which are in heavy competition...

Or a hand full of UN acredited news sites are lying??

Hmm I wonder....

edit on 18-5-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

In state and federal indictments, grand juries hand down the indictment, not law enforcement. La2 enforcement can stress evidence, but they don't indict.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

All news agencies lie and bend the truth.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I am sure you have a relevant doctorate degree and a shingle outside your door to back up that diagnosis . Huh , Doc ?

Strange , Fox News ranks by far the #1 most popular news outlet . At least in the US . Want to attempt to back up that statement as far as the world goes? No ? Didnt think so

If you look at all these quotes, they are either for constantly caught lying republican shills or Fox News analysts, dropping hints and innuendo, afraid they will be sued for slander if they say false informatiin.

DO you pay attention to the news ? Any news ?

How bout the FBI ? Who are investigating and about to start indicting folks.

Just another hater.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
i said this already but it didn't stop being true:
the fact that she can still run for president after the whole...mailgate? thing is beyond me.
in ANY company if you ever send sensitive customer data with your private email address instead of the internal one you would be fired, same if you used your company's mail address to send personal emails.
there is no debating this, if you get caught you are out.
the fact that she can do this in an environment that handles way more sensitive information and still run for president just shows you that it's a game.
Control or choice is an illusion they feed us while they just do exactly what they always wanted

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So do all politicians, specially that one

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

edit on 5182016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
*yawn*

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Rehash of republican opinions without substance.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

In ANY company if you ever send sensitive customer data with your private email address instead of the internal one you would be fired, same if you used your company's mail address to send personal emails.

Nah, the problem is everyone does it. Im willing to bet its similar in this case too. Other companies will reprimand if it becomes an issue, but they aren't going to fire a valued asset over a single incident. It's not like it was an intentional leak.

Condoleezza Rice Aides, Colin Powell Also Got Classified Info on Personal Emails

www.nbcnews.com...

I bet if they started turning stones over, they'd find a ton of people on Capitol Hill doing similar, and that's probably one of the reasons she's so insulated. Besides the fact it has to be proven it was classified at the time. Just that alone would be difficult in a prosecution. And it's up to the prosecutor to proceed on charges.
edit on 18-5-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Strange , Fox News ranks by far the #1 most popular news outlet . At least in the US . Want to attempt to back up that statement as far as the world goes? No ? Didnt think so

Okay, Ill bite. Even though it's an ELI5 thread from reddit, I wouldn't be surprised if there are scholars articles putting this into theory.

Fox News was one of the first major networks to see News as a business rather than as a basic service.
They identified their market segment (a particular subset of religious conservatives) and pushed it hard. They stopped trying to investigate stories properly and they stopped trying to have balanced news, but they made their slogan "fair and balanced."

Business-wise, it was a major success. MSNBC took a similar strategy and carved out a subset of the US left wing, but since they did it after Fox News, they aren't picked on as much.

Basically, Fox News isn't a news program the way we traditionally think of news programs. Instead, it is a news-based entertainment channel with a specific target market.

More recently, CNN has become the running joke since, after their market share got cut up from the right (Fox) and the left (MSNBC), their balanced approach started to give way to sensationalism. This means that the three big providers of cable news in the USA can all be considered a joke, but Fox News started the trend and has some of the easiest to mock characters, so it gets the brunt of the criticism.

It also doesn't help them that Colbert and Stewart, two of the most influential political comedians around, got their start around the same time as Fox News took off so they based their format around Fox News and dug right into them.

www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Rehash of republican opinions without substance.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah

It's not only "republican opinions." I quoted former NSA director Michael Hayden in the original post. He is a Democrat.

Hillary Clinton’s FBI investigation has the potential to become the wild card of the presidential race. With polls showing Donald Trump creeping ever closer to Clinton’s national lead, a recommendation of indictment or even a report that is unfavorable to Clinton could up-end her race.

The FBI investigation also seems to be a factor in Bernie Sanders remaining in the race even though he is nearly mathematically eliminated, with the idea that an indictment could lead the Democrats to dump Clinton and find a new candidate instead.

There seems to be a consensus from what I've read that Sanders is staying in the race primarily because of the FBI investigation. That's speculation indeed.

However, the following video is loaded with substance. Would you deal with the facts please?

www.youtube.com...

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Michael Hayden is a Democrat.

Why would it matter if those reporting direct quotes by experts are conservatives or liberals? It's the quotes by the experts that matter. The people reporting the quotes are irrelevant.

originally posted by: boncho
I bet if they started turning stones over, they'd find a ton of people on Capitol Hill doing similar, and that's probably one of the reasons she's so insulated. Besides the fact it has to be proven it was classified at the time. Just that alone would be difficult in a prosecution. And it's up to the prosecutor to proceed on charges.

Please watch the video I posted above. The expert speaking in the video says exactly the opposite of what you just wrote.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It's not only "republican opinions." I quoted former NSA director Michael Hayden in the original post. He is a Democrat.

But, it's a Democrat who isn't saying what the rest of the Democrats/Hillary fans want to hear, so it must be a lie.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho
Well , well . Getting news from Reddit....That explains that. And a personal piece authored by a complete unknown....
Thanks for clarifying the outlook.

edit on 5/18/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Under ATS T&C terms it is illegal to start any petition on ATS and I agree.......

BUT if HILLARY gets elected as POTUS.... after I revoke my US citizenship I will start an online petition (NOT ON ATS) to have her removed and all those within the decision making process to not have her indicted.

Its time to get your pooper scoopers and trash bags ready..... we might need it to clean up some really bad smelly HILLARY off the streets.

PRISON FOR HILLARY 2016

Now that is a ballot I would be happy to vote for!

edit on 5/19/2016 by eriktheawful because: Removed Pol Candidate Name change violation

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Getting tired of this ATS wet dream.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Getting tired of this ATS wet dream.

A current U.S. Representative says, "It's very clear [Clinton] should be indicted" and you don't think that's newsworthy?

Just in the original post alone, you've got the following all saying that Clinton is guilty and/or should be indicted:

A current U.S. Representative
A former NSA and CIA director
A former U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia

We've also got things like the following:

Carl Bernstein, Watergate author, said one reason Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt., stays in the race is the possibility the FBI could leak something damaging.
Handling of Clinton probe tarnishes FBI

That's a common theme that I'm reading all over the place from credible sources.

If you want a totally unbiased view of the Clinton investigation, look at this:

Will a federal criminal charge be filed against Hillary Clinton in 2016?

According to that market, the current probability of a Clinton indictment by the end of this year is 26%. That proves that's not just an "ATS wet dream."

If you really believe that it's just an "ATS wet dream", why don't you try to make some money on your belief?

I know why....

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I don't know....

The democrats pull on heart strings and address real issues, while finding ways to siphon off a portion of any tax dollars thrown at that problem..obviously corrupt, but at least somewhat beneficial since money is getting thrown at an actual issue..

Vs.

The republicans, who pretend like any issue is a vast conspiracy by the left, who is in an intentional attempt to destroy their own country. While taking bribes from the corporate interests who personally profit from whatever issue.

I think if you open mindedly watch both sides, it's obvious who thinks their audience is less intelligent..

There have been countless polls that showed "people who ONLY watch conservative media are LESS informed than some one who watches no news source."

That is literally the most damning charge you can throw at a media source.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I am sure you have a relevant doctorate degree and a shingle outside your door to back up that diagnosis . Huh , Doc ?

DO you pay attention to the news ? Any news ?

How bout the FBI ? Who are investigating and about to start indicting folks.

Just another hater.

From his own mouth...a compilation of just SOME of gomert's insane statements...actually audio of him, not a transcript.

youtu.be...
edit on 18-5-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join