It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There IS life after DEATH: Scientists reveal shock findings from groundbreaking study

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 30181712003127475530

Deep breath in.
Out.

Deep breath in.
Out.

Better now?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

What a ridiculously rigid sentiment. Tell Buddha that.

Practice and you'll know for yourself, we don't need science to tell us this. First hand experience through gnosis works just as well. Spiritual sciences have been explored for thousands of years so I think it's quite arrogant to dismiss with the wave of a hand what has been common knowledge to all adepts throughout the ages, especially when people are too lazy to even investigate the possibilities.

With that said, I agree.. this doesn't constitute proof by any scientific standards. I do think there's plenty of other (at least circumstantial) evidence out there though.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Have you looked through every molecule of ocean water from the surface to the Mariana trench to know without a shadow of doubt that there are NOT mermaids? Unless you have, your assertion is based on opinion and not fact. And yes it cuts both ways. There are two possible answers to ANY question, either yes or no.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Phage:

Deep breath in. Out. Deep breath in. Out. Better now?

Indeed. The mind boggles.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
fascinating stuff

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I would suggest, if I may, that keeping your comments on topic would be an idea. The way you are posting is likely to get you in some trouble.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I would suggest, if I may, that keeping your comments on topic would be an idea. The way you are posting is likely to get you in some trouble.

I feel a few post removals are on the cards.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: SaturnFX

Have you looked through every molecule of ocean water from the surface to the Mariana trench to know without a shadow of doubt that there are NOT mermaids? Unless you have, your assertion is based on opinion and not fact. And yes it cuts both ways. There are two possible answers to ANY question, either yes or no.

What did I assert?
There could be mermaids, sure. why not. could be king triton and the mermen council going on right now as we speak.

But there is no evidence of that.

I think you need to reread what I wrote.
I said it was akin to seeing a ocean and insisting there must therefore be mermaids
like seeing a foreign land and demanding therefore there must be a emperor
like seeing a glimpse of conscious existing and demanding the Buddhists are right

Its making assumptions is the issue...a ocean doesn't require mermaids to be an ocean..may be some, sure, but seeing an ocean isn't proof of mermaids
nor is afterlife proof of deities.

I accept your apology

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Once you die you can't tell other people about it much I guess... XD But I did once read a very good book about a man going to heaven and coming back. It is called, "90 Minutes in Heaven."

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The agnostic position regarding life after death, that we simply cannot know one way or the other and we best suspend judgement, is circular reasoning built on contradiction and assumptions, which are just as suspicious as the believer's position.

The notion that one cannot know what happens after death (an assumption) is to assume that there is an after death to know (begging the question), and also to assume that we are not our bodies (assumption), that perhaps some non-bodily part of us (another assumption) may live on past life (a contradiction) and that we do not deteriorate soon after death (denial of facts), that we do not bury, burn or otherwise dispose of our dead, and these assumptions, contradictions and fallacies are based on nothing.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Let's take a survey from all the people who have been clinically dead for say -- a week -- and been brought back to life, and see what they have to say about it.

Oh, that's right. We don't have anybody like that. We just have a lot of stories from people who have "died" for only short periods of time.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Let's take a survey from all the people who have been clinically dead for say -- a week -- and been brought back to life, and see what they have to say about it.

Oh, that's right. We don't have anybody like that. We just have a lot of stories from people who have "died" for only short periods of time.

Death is permanent. There is no coming back. Still, we can watch with our own eyes what happens to him after he dies, and we can observe the exact same of everyone who dies, given that the environmental conditions are the same.
edit on 19-5-2016 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The MAIN reason why this idea of life on the other side will NEVER be accepted is simple. ......If it is true..... than there is a GOD and those who disbelieve will go from being the majority to the minority very quick.

Finding evidence that consciousness continues after the body dies, isn't evidence of the existence of God, it's evidence that consciousness survives the body.

Your claim here is like "Apples fall out of trees, that's evidence that the sky is blue."

I believe it's known as a non-sequitur argument.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The article stated this:

Dr Parnia continued: "This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with 'real' events when the heart isn't beating. In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat. This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn't resume again until the heart has been restarted.

It would seem that the brain isn't active for an average of 3 minutes after the heart stops, but activity dies-off fairly rapidly (20-30 seconds).

I am not sure of the accuracy of either claim, though.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew
a reply to: MysterX

The article stated this:

Dr Parnia continued: "This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with 'real' events when the heart isn't beating. In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat. This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn't resume again until the heart has been restarted.

It would seem that the brain isn't active for an average of 3 minutes after the heart stops, but activity dies-off fairly rapidly (20-30 seconds).

I am not sure of the accuracy of either claim, though.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jonathonck

Just to add briefly, is anyone familiar with the books, The Scole Experiments and The Scole Report? If you have any serious doubts regarding life after death or life outside of our current consciousness check these out.
There's also a thing on you tube called The afterlife experiments which is a decent watch.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ia reply to: bknapple32

It is a fascinating subject. I feel, as you, that at "the end" it is likely our mind re-creating what we anticipate. That in no way, changes the reality of the situation, and so we shall never know. It's possible that even in death, we will not know, unless we retain our thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join