It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Annee

What? Can you arm reach any further?

Everyone pees. Facilities exist. You don't like the facilities, or need special accommodations - - bring your own litter box.

So, they do have to conform to your views...

Logical, practical, fits all. Existing facilities.

Wheelchair accommodations also logical/practical.

Has nothing to do with personal viewpoint.

I've known people who trained their cats to use the home toilet, even flush it.

Sorry, but "Furries" are not being discriminated against. No matter how many times/ways you try to twist it.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So, only your views are "logical and practical". Is that it?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So, only your views are "logical and practical". Is that it?

Its not a viewpoint.

Its a fact.

Health hazard is the purpose of public toilets -- for human waste to go in sewers.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
In case you haven't noticed, or you can't understand what my point is. People with "personality disorders" have mental disorders. Some of you seem to be claiming that only some types of "personality disorders" have a right to impose their mental disability to others, and every one else have to conform to only "some" people with personality disorders.

Perhaps what makes the most logical sense is to have separate restrooms, locker rooms, etc, for people who still consider themselves as men, and women and who want their own space, and to have separate facilities for other people with mental disorders, so they have their own space. It's going to be very expensive, but still it would be better than forcing everyone who is a woman, minor to have to dress and undress, or do other necessities with people with male genitals who have a mental disorder.

edit on 28-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Some of you seem to be claiming that only some types of "personality disorders" have a right to impose their mental disability to others, and others have to conform to only "some" people with personality disorders.
No matter how often you try to put words in my mouth you still get it wrong. I have never said anyone has a right to impose anything on anyone.

It's going to be very expensive, but still it would be better than forcing everyone who is a woman, minor to have to dress and undress, or do other necessities with people with male genitals who have a mental disorder.
Gender dysphoria is not a disorder, but you mean like they have been "forced" to do for years and years?

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Sorry, but "Furries" are not being discriminated against. No matter how many times/ways you try to twist it.

You are discriminating against them because you claim that only people with gender disorders have a right to impose their will on society, and if furry people want their own 'toilet" to "bring it with them".

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You think Furries can't and don't use toilets?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

In case you haven't noticed, or you can't understand what my point is. People with "personality disorders" have mental disorders. Some of you seem to be claiming that only some types of "personality disorders" have a right to impose their mental disability to others, and every one else have to conform to only "some" people with personality disorders.

Transgender is not a mental illness or personality disorder.

It is part of the brain makeup. There is nothing wrong with a transgender person, except their gender doesn't match their physical packaging. That's it.

No special accommodations asked for or needed.

Public facilities have one purpose. Human waste is a health hazard. Simple.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Gender dysphoria is not a disorder, but you mean like they have been "forced" to do for years and years?

So, the transgender community who wanted to push for their views to be imposed on the rest of the population have made enough lawsuits, and have pushed enough representatives and scientists "to change what their mental disorder is". It is still a mental disorder, just like "Species dysphoria".

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You are discriminating against them because you claim that only people with gender disorders have a right to impose their will on society, and if furry people want their own 'toilet" to "bring it with them".

Everyone can use the public toilets.

There are people who do bring personal stuff with them to public toilets. Clorox wipes, seat warmers, reading material, whatever. They have every right to bring whatever they want.

As long as their pee goes into the sewer.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Does what they think they are, matches their physical appearance? If it doesn't then there is a mental disorder. Does this feeling of 'not being on the right body" causes them to have distress, anxiety, bouts of depression and even at times aggression and violence?

What is it called in psychiatry, when a person suffers from those symptoms?
edit on 28-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: corre link.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So, the transgender community who wanted to push for their views to be imposed on the rest of the population . . .

Transgenders just want to pee.

It is the Fundamental Christian Right who is imposing law to prevent them from a normal human function.

Get it right - - - who exactly is imposing on who.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Does what they think they are, matches their physical appearance?

Transgenders KNOW what gender they are.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

So, the transgender community who wanted to push for their views to be imposed on the rest of the population have made enough lawsuits, and have pushed enough representatives and scientists "to change what their mental disorder is".

Is that what happened?
You know that female hysteria was once considered a disorder, right?
Ever hear of drapetomania?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It is the Fundamental Christian Right who is imposing law to prevent them from a normal human function.

I have already proven that there are transgenders and people in the LGB community who oppose the imposition of "this new right by a section of the transgender community". They understand the fact that these new impositions by the Obama administration will increase the risk of safety concern for many women and minors.

The opinions of those people in the transgender and LGB community who understand that women and minors have a right to feel safe not count?

Not all women, and minors who want their own safe space when using the restroom and locker rooms are Christian... That's a major assumption on your part. Even so, are you claiming that those transgenders who want to use women's restrooms have more rights than Christian women?...

edit on 28-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I have already proven that there are transgenders and people in the LGB community who oppose the imposition of "this new right by a section of the transgender community".
You really enjoy throwing that word around, "proven." You have proven nothing. There is no new right, gender based discrimination has been unlawful for a while now.

That's a major assumption on your part. Even so, are you claiming that those transgenders who want to use women's restrooms have more rights than Christian women?...
Same rights. Same rights as Christian women, and men. Right to be married. Right to use the restroom which corresponds to their gender. Do you think there are no Christian trangenders?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Not all women, and minors who want their own safe space when using the restroom and locker rooms are Christian... That's a major assumption on your part. Even so, are you claiming that those transgenders who want to use women's restrooms have more rights than Christian women?...

The only issue is your refusal to accept reality.

Proof? You mean whatever nonsense you can find on the net.

It is Fundamental Christian Politicians making and forcing laws of discrimination against LGBT.

Transgenders are not the ones who made this an issue.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You really enjoy throwing that word around, "proven." You have proven nothing. There is no new right, gender based discrimination has been unlawful for a while now.

Really?.. Do you know who Walt Heyer is?

Have you tried to search who he is?

www.sexchangeregret.com...

The man who's had TWO sex changes: Incredible story of Walt, who became Laura, then REVERSED the operation because he believes surgeons in US and Europe are too quick to operate

Walt Heyer had sex change to become a woman when he was 42 years old
After eight years living as Laura Jensen, he reverted back to being a man
He believes the desire to change gender stems from psychological trauma
Heyer controversially disputes that Gender Dysphoria is a genetic disorder
Now 74, he acts as a counselor to those considering a sex change surgery
Psychological vetting of patients before operation is inadequate, he claims

By Jay Akbar For Mailonline

Published: 03:10 EST, 26 January 2015 | Updated: 07:38 EST, 26 January 2015

www.dailymail.co.uk... te.html

Public School LGBT Programs Don't Just Trample Parental Rights. They Also Put Kids at Risk.
by Walt Heyer
within Education, Marriage, Sexuality

June 8th, 2015

No matter what well-intentioned teachers and administrators believe, LGBT acceptance programs designed by GLSEN and funded by the CDC are designed to encourage kids to question their gender identity and sexual orientation.

Through his executive appointments, President Obama has helped expose American schoolchildren to activism that places them at risk.

On May 19, 2009, a few short months after his inauguration, Obama gave the green light to Secretary of Education Arne Duncan to appoint Kevin Jennings to a top position to influence school policy: the post of Assistant Deputy Secretary for the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools, also known as the “safe schools czar.” Jennings, a powerful LGBT rights activist who is himself a gay man, was the founder of the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN). GLSEN is one of the largest LGBT activist organizations in the nation and is devoted to promoting homosexuality in K-12 schools. Jennings served as “safe schools czar” from 2009-2011.

www.thepublicdiscourse.com...

Same rights. Same rights as Christian women, and men.

Not same rights...

Man-splaining Is No Excuse For Invading Girls’ Locker Rooms

By Bethany Mandel
September 3, 2015

The 150 Missouri girls who walked out of their locker room when a young man barged in, insisting hes a woman, are courageous and deserve admiration, not man-splaining.

One hundred and fifty students at a high school in Missouri are braver than I am. Up until now, I have not really shared how politically incorrect I am: I refuse to use pronouns of someone’s choosing. If a man was born a man, I will call him “he” and vice versa for a woman.

While I’ve been told I should use a pronoun of one’s choosing out of respect and kindness, I decline to do so because I refuse to play along with the delusion. We don’t play along with the delusions of schizophrenics, and I won’t play along with the notion that someone with a penis is somehow a woman. It’s usually the same folks who scream about (the complicated) science on global warming also asking the rest of us to ignore basic human biology. The times, they may be a changin’, but I refuse to go along with the tide. The situation in Missouri is why.

thefederalist.com...

edit on 28-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
HEYER - - Yep, heard of him. Researched him before.

Mr Heyer believes that hormones and surgery are inappropriate treatments for transsexual people in some sites and does not in others. In his blog he wrote, "Please understand--I have no desire to stop the gender change operations for those individuals who clinically and or medically need the procedure." yet on his website he writes, "I want to challenge the status quo of that accepted 'treatment.' Because suicide is not a passive consequence when changing genders."

He considers the cause of transsexuality to be based in aberrations in family dynamics rather than physical causes and has a link to a psychologist, Marc S. Dillworth, Ph.D., who apparently practices reparative therapy for trans people. He seems to be using the same strategy against the Standards of Care that National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH) uses against same sex attracted people, using distortions and erroneous conclusions of scientific studies to prove his claims. www.susans.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So, the transgender community who wanted to push for their views to be imposed on the rest of the population . . .

Exactly who is telling a person who thinks they are transgender that they cannot pee? And how are they preventing said urination?

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join