It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Kill Me Now, I Have to Be in Heaven by Four"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

An ISIS fighter captured by Peshmerga forces told his captors to kill him immediately since he had to be in heaven by 4pm for a religious ceremony.

He informed his captors the day of his capture was the Muslim festival of Isra and Mi’iraj, which celebrates the famous night journey of the founder of Islam Muhammed to Jerusalem and his temporary ascension to heaven to receive instruction from Allah. The fighter claimed he wanted to attend a commemoration ceremony for this event in heaven, which he said would start at 4pm.
Well, when i 1st read this i thought WHAT!, please KILL ME now?. This is "full-on" one indoctrinated guy, who it happy to die to attend a ceremony in heaven. Well maybe he knows more about paradise than i do....warsclerotic.com... www.clarionproject.org...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
man, this is how they get those poor kids too I bet. Bastards are harsh. I say they should just grant his wish though, I think he has earned it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

It's mind-blowing how everything can be believed in.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Yes agree, if one is indoctrinated in any "Cause" they will believe whatever they are taught/told...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
At least he isn't afraid of dying for what he believes in, unlike 99% of the cowardly dwellers of western lands.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
At least he isn't afraid of dying for what he believes in, unlike 99% of the cowardly dwellers of western lands.

Pray tell, what do you want to die for?

Not enough I gather...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Is that Greek or Roman philosophy?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Is it really bravery if you genuinely think you're going to paradise?

And if your beliefs don't require you to die for them, are you still a coward?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

The people of the west are cowards? 99% of them? I believe that you have drastically over generalised there. I am not so rare, and I would fight, kill and die for freedom, if threatened in an immediate sense.

Of course, only a mewling, pathetic creature would feel fear unless the blade of his enemy was literally at his throat, and that, I believe, is where many fall down. They allow themselves to fear before the fight, jumping at shadows and wasting their attention on nonsense fed to them by evil manipulators.

One thing I would never kill for though, is my faith. It would be wrong to do so, since it would be against my beliefs to do so.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

Is that Greek or Roman philosophy?

Yes.

Ask Seneca the Younger about it.

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

Is it really bravery if you genuinely think you're going to paradise?

And if your beliefs don't require you to die for them, are you still a coward?

The fear of dying is immutably impressed in the human psyche, no matter how deeply someone has convinced themselves of paradise afterwards. So yes, it's an example of bravery.

If your beliefs positively will never ask death of you, in any situation, then they aren't strong enough. In fact, I'd hardly call them true beliefs. More like whims and opinions, at best. Every belief, even the most innocent, can be twisted around and turned into an indictment by someone who wants to kill you.

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The people of the west are cowards? 99% of them? I believe that you have drastically over generalised there. I am not so rare, and I would fight, kill and die for freedom, if threatened in an immediate sense.

Of course, only a mewling, pathetic creature would feel fear unless the blade of his enemy was literally at his throat, and that, I believe, is where many fall down. They allow themselves to fear before the fight, jumping at shadows and wasting their attention on nonsense fed to them by evil manipulators.

One thing I would never kill for though, is my faith. It would be wrong to do so, since it would be against my beliefs to do so.

I agree with this.

In fact TrueBrit, my friend Senenca uttered something very pertinent, years ago: "We do not fear death, but the thought of death."
edit on 13-5-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The fear of dying is immutably impressed in the human psyche, no matter how deeply someone has convinced themselves of paradise afterwards. So yes, it's an example of bravery.

This guy is begging for death, he's got a date in heaven and he doesn't want to be late. He actually believes this and that is why he is not scared. Not because he is brave, because he is suffering from a delusion.

If your beliefs positively will never ask death of you, in any situation, then they aren't strong enough. In fact, I'd hardly call them true beliefs. More like whims and opinions, at best. Every belief, even the most innocent, can be twisted around and turned into an indictment by someone who wants to kill you.

You didn't answer my question; if your beliefs don't require you to die for them, are you still a coward?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

US military is western and owns all other countries in any conventional combat.
We attack THE EASTERN hemisphere runs all the time.
WE WIN AT 10 TO 1 against all the time.
I know that because I did it myself.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Germans in WWII would train dogs strapped with explosives to run under Russian tanks.

This guy reminds me of that. But at least the dogs had good excuses. What's this guy's excuse? I think there is MK-Ultra mind control behind all this.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

At least he isn't afraid of dying for what he believes in,

He probably also believes he will get 72 virgins, but when reality sets in and he goes nowhere near heaven he will be questioning those beliefs.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

The answer is obviously yes.

Would you die protecting your family? If so, you would choose to die because you love them and you believe that their lives are worth protecting. If you believe you love your family and believe their lives are worth something, but you wouldn't die protecting them (because apparently your love doesn't require it), then you are the definition of a coward. It's that simple-- every person with an ounce of goodness and decency in them believes in something worth dying for. Whether that be family, freedom, opposition to tyranny, or any number of things.

Someone who wouldn't die for anything is faithless, untrustworthy, cowardly and barely human. Maybe that's part of the problem with the rotten west.

It's pathetic that I have to explain this at length. Years ago when humans actually strove to be human, it would have been self-evident.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

US military is western and owns all other countries in any conventional combat.
We attack THE EASTERN hemisphere runs all the time.
WE WIN AT 10 TO 1 against all the time.
I know that because I did it myself.

The U.S. military strikes targets from unmanned drones miles in the sky and has access to weapons and gear that are decades ahead of their opposition. This says nothing of bravery, nothing at all. You want to see brave? Look at some 15 year old Afghani goatherder pick up an AK-47 and shoot at coalition Humvees. That's bravery.

I have immense respect for the American soldiers on the ground, but the I despise the U.S. military as a whole, the same way I despise all militaries that exist for any other reason than self-defense.

It doesn't help that the U.S. military acts at the behest of a bunch of sniveling little psychopathic government/corporate rats.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

You want to see brave? Look at some 15 year old Afghani goatherder pick up an AK-47 and shoot at coalition Humvees. That's bravery.

Is it, is it really?? Some may say its Darwin's theory playing out, what with the outcome to such an act so blatantly obvious. Or maybe the kid was depressed ad wanted a way to opt out?? Many things could be the cause of such an act, but bravery could very well be the least of it. Sometimes people just want to be put out of their misery.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Would you die protecting your family? [snippy snip snip]

It's pathetic that I have to explain this at length. Years ago when humans actually strove to be human, it would have been self-evident.

I would die for my family, so would most people in the western world I assume, that's why I assumed you meant religious beliefs when you called all westerners cowards in the context of this thread. In light of that revelation I must inform you are wholly wrong in your previous statement then, it's fairly pathetic that you would call 99% of westerners cowards when our countries all have standing armies full of men (and women) willing to defend their land and families with their lives against religious extremists, such as the one you admire so greatly in the OP.

every person with an ounce of goodness and decency in them believes in something worth dying for.

Probably worth pointing out that this means you think 99% of westerners don't have goodness and decency if I am to take your statistic that 99% of westerners aren't as brave as this jihadist who will die for his beliefs (delusion). I guess you're also saying 99% of western parents would probably let their child die instead of giving their life to save them since their beliefs aren't strong enough like this brave jihadist who is dying for purely selfish reasons. You clearly know nothing of most of the people in the west and your ignorance/bias is blinding you, either that or you are infatuated with some weird romantic ideas about terrorists.

edit on 14/5/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

Would you die protecting your family? [snippy snip snip]

I would die for my family, so would most people in the western world I assume, that's why I assumed you meant religious beliefs when you called all westerners cowards in the context of this thread. In light of that revelation I must inform you are wholly wrong in your previous statement then, it's fairly pathetic that you would call 99% of westerners cowards when our countries all have standing armies full of men (and women) willing to defend their land and families with their lives against religious extremists, such as the one you admire so greatly in the OP.

every person with an ounce of goodness and decency in them believes in something worth dying for.

Probably worth pointing out that this means you think 99% of westerners don't have goodness and decency if I am to take your statistic that 99% of westerners aren't as brave as this jihadist who will die for his beliefs (delusion). I guess you're also saying 99% of western parents would probably let their child die instead of giving their life to save them since their beliefs aren't strong enough like this brave jihadist who is dying for purely selfish reasons. You clearly know nothing of most of the people in the west and your ignorance/bias is blinding you, either that or you are infatuated with some weird romantic ideas about terrorists.

True, what I said was a silly generalization so the post would provoke more people and have a stronger effect. You caught me, I admit it.

I have my doubts about the courage of the average citizen. A lot of them are terrified at their own shadows; just look at politics in these countries. Never in my life have I seen such fear-based, deceptive, delusional demagoguery on both sides of the right/left isle. And it's ramping up right quick.

And you could very well say the men (and women) in American/western militaries are just as brainwashed and mind-f*cked as these terrorists. Their brainwashing might be more subtle but it's still brainwashing.

Who's honestly the fanatic? The one traipsing through foreign countries cutting a swathe of destruction for dubious reasons, or the one fighting foreign occupiers after his family was killed by some dumb bomb? (Not talking about the guy in the OP).

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Shoot him at 5:00

top topics

<<   2 >>

join