It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ballistic missle defense goes online in Romina. Ww3 approaching

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm really busy atm. But here is a huge new missle defense in Romina that just popped up inline.

I cant imagine how angry russia is right now. I didnt even know this defense shield was a thing up until now

mobile.nytimes.com...://www.google.com/

TextMOSCOW — As American and allied officials celebrated the opening of a long-awaited missile defense system in Europe with a ribbon cutting and a band, the reaction in Moscow on Thursday was darker: a public discussion of how nuclear war might play out in Europe and the prospect that Romania, the host nation for the United States-built system, might be reduced to “smoking ruins.”

“We have been saying right from when this story started that our experts are convinced that the deployment of the ABM system poses a certain threat to the Russian Federation,” the Kremlin spokesman, Dmitri S. Peskov, told reporters in a conference call.

“Measures are being taken to ensure the necessary level of security for Russia,” he said. “The president himself, let me remind you, has repeatedly asked who the system will work against.”

Show F

Im shocked that no one on ats is discussing this. This is huge! This is the balance that kept the bear away. Not trying to fearmonger but ww3 is at the door for sure

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
But the next two paragraphs of the article says the middle defense system does not protect Europe or America from Russia. Not saying that tensions arent high but isn't this more posturing from the west?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

to be fair, it is called a defense system, so unless Russia plans on attacking/invading Romania, I'm not sure what the problem is.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We live in dangerous times. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My understanding is this.

Its a lowkey missle defense against russia and m.e. i mean come on, why not utilize it on both fronts and hide behind nato. Good job u.s

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Reducing Romania to smoking ruins would be an improvement.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It doesn't work against ICBMs, only medium and theater ranged missiles. So unless Russia is going to launch a massive attack with short range missiles, or fire ICBMs close enough they can hit them in the boost phase, this isn't going to do anything against Russian missiles.

Eventually it may be able to hit an ICBM, but they're 3-5 years from even trying that.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

to be fair, it is called a defense system, so unless Russia plans on attacking/invading Romania, I'm not sure what the problem is.

One should be aware the last time armies gathered on Russias border in Poland they lost 27 million people.

Guess how they feel about four more Battalions of NATO troops (4000 more) deployed 'defensively' in Poland? One of those four Battalions is German.

Wall street Journal

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why not give obama a 3rd term with a war induced tragedy. This would curb the trump/clinton ticket

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Let the hunger games begin! I hope i'm transcended before it happens. If not i be sitting on a rock laughing when fate comes and get me

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Considering Russia has stated numerous times the nmd system is no threat to Russia launching nuclear missiles im not sure why they are upset. Secondly they have stated numerous times countries are free to join alliances and run their own internal affairs im not sure why russia is upset. I am not sure why russia can make decisions based on their national security while demanding that other nations can't.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Where the f$ck is Romina?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The missile defence system gives NATO such a marginal advantage in a (very) limited nuclear exchange that you have to wonder why bother deploying it in the first place.

Assuming it'll work at all ... big assumption.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ballistic missle defense goes online in Romina. Ww3 approaching

Here is a very good article discussing this...

www.kas.de...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Why not give obama a 3rd term

Not No...But Hell No.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

In other words, it's more of an insurance against the Middle East than Russia?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Calm down your fear mongering. Jesus Christ. It is fir defense. What is wrong with this? Jesus.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is likely in response to Russias recent natural resource distribution changes that Putin has made due to Syria and US involvement.

I get the feeling that the USA is poking the bear into a fight to look for a scape goat to blame something on. At the moment, we could take on Russia or China, but not both. Economy wise China would bury us and that's the WWIII they'd fight. Russia would take us head on in a full blown conventional war.

Funny how communism still manages to work together against us capitalist pigs....funny, I think the USA is going to take the bait.

Its one of those he didn't know what he thought we knew but didn't know what he thought we knew.

Who's playing who here? I think America is due to for a good ole azz kickin. And USA thinks its in for a one up on Russia...they should be careful, bears don't always bluff.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Its by Turkey if you're Hungry

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BooCrackers

How is radar deployment and defensive missiles located in Romania a threat, let alone the business of, Russia?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join