It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Woman Senses Every Earthquake in Real Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Greetings,

as of now, searching for keywords earthquakes and for the woman's name didnt produce anything, so here goes. Apologies if this is already redundant.

"Waiting for Earthquakes!"
Artist superpower, Moon Ribas, not only senses every earthquake on the planet, in real time, but she also senses the intensity of each quake.

Moon Ribas might just be the most normal looking cyborg you’ll meet. Unlike the contingent of extreme biohackers or “grinders,” the 30-year old Spanish avant-garde artist’s superpower—or self-imposed aberration—is not immediately obvious. Ribas has a tiny magnet near the crook of her elbow that allows her to feel all tremors and earthquakes anywhere on earth, in real time.

Moon has a subcutaneous implant that allows her to receive real time aggregated signals from a custom iphone app. The stronger the earthquake intensity, the stronger the subcutaneous vibration she receives.

Here's the link containing video footage.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So basically this woman has implanted an app accessory in her arm.

From the thread title i assumed she was a psychic or was super sensitive.
Instead it turns out shes just an idiot who has deformed herself for absolutely no reason.

This implant is about as useful a glueing the tv remote to the tv

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So, essentially it is a vibrator that is in tune with the Earth... and she is the "vibratee"? Hope there isn't a 9+ megaquake while she is grocery shopping...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I'm not a great fan of implants . . . say I with my new pacemaker . . . LOL.

However, perhaps she prefers to feel a jiggle when she's doing other things and not paying attention to her phone ap.

Though, far be it from me to hinder a raft of critics from coming up with a long list of contrarian criticisms for doing such a 'fool thing.' Can't let a chance to carp go by un-taken advantage of!

Evidently for her, it's NOT "useless." People don't usually do things that they KNOW to be 100% useless. There's ALWAYS a reason for behavior--whether it's conscious or not; known, or not.

And given that it's her elbow . . . . I assume that's something SHE has discretion over.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
I hate to be facetious but id say its the epitome of useless.
Any earthquake that is going to be of any real time relevance to you is most likely going to be detectable by a rather pronounced shaking of the earth making a vibration in the elbow somewhat redundant

edit on 11/5/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: edit to add pokey tongue out emoji as it seemed snarky when i read it back to myself

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
So, essentially it is a vibrator that is in tune with the Earth... and she is the "vibratee"? Hope there isn't a 9+ megaquake while she is grocery shopping...

A vibrator.
In her...elbow?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A vibrator.
In her...elbow?

Well, it is her "funny bone" right?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: BO XIAN
I hate to be facetious but id say its the epitome of useless.

I guess you missed the whole part about this not being a practical application of technology, it's a creative project, she's an artist using this to create work.

By its very definition it's not useless, in fact it's extremely useful to her for what she wanted to achieve.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It appears to me that you are not understanding the set-up.

She has a smart-phone AP that jiggles her magnet in her elbow. It's NOT the quakes doing it.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Another Phage chuckle to start my day with.

Thanks. LOL.

I'm going to discipline my fingers and NOT make some double entendre joke about her other options for an implanted magnetic vibrator.

It is a bit curious why she'd choose her elbow. And in what part of the elbow is it placed?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa
So she's a cyborg, part human, part machine. The Star Trek creators didn't give cyborgs a good rep with their "Borg" adversaries, but that was only sci-fi so if she want's to be part machine that's ok, as long as she doesn't end up too much like the "Borg".

For the rest of us who don't want implants, we can get the live earthquake signals converted into sound instead of cyborg vibrations:

Sounds of Seismic - Earth System Soundscape

Sounds of Seismic (SOS) is an art-science, auditory display software system broadcasting continuous seismic sound generated from realtime collected global earthquake data. An internet audio streaming service, SOS webcasts electroacoustic music as multi-channel seismic generated sounds creating an infinite computational earth system soundscape!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A vibrator.
In her...elbow?

Oh god, could you imagine
if she sensed every orgasm on the planet
in real time?
On Sunday mornings you couldn't take her anywhere .

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sexually speaking, she must have a blast.

Artistically speaking, thats amazing how she uses the feelings and perceptions on her dance method.
edit on 11-5-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto
Maybe, but if she tells you she "felt the earth move" you might not be able to take credit for that like you could with another partner.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I didn't know there was an app for that!
I wonder if Amazon has it?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Hey that not a bad idea. You won't lose the remote and you'll use the large thigh muscles getting up and down.
Win/Win

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

LOL!!! good one!!!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I guess that really depends on where you implant the chip huh?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know right???....you can't reach anything with your elbow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join